Chapter 4

Dumb Dumb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I got divorced, Taeyeon. Three months ago."

"...what?" Taeyeon's mouth went ajar at the calm sentence and stared at the other woman in shock. Whenever she felt the agony of losing her first love, she always managed to offset it with the belief that she was happy with the man she loved, that it was all that mattered.

Tiffany diverted her eyes from the shocked woman, hanging her head low and staring at her own laps instead, "I moved to China with him, and we were physically living together in one house but it always felt like a long distance relationship, because he got so busy leading the whole business there as a Director. He was away frequently with his business trips and rarely at home. He would still be working remotely even when he was at home. Well, he was not there even when I was in labor. On top of that..." she paused for a few seconds in hesitation but continued nonetheless, "it turned out he had been cheating on me with his secretary for like a year. They got close working together everyday at the company and even on business trips, I guess." she explained, finding it comfortable to share the story to Taeyeon when she even had a hard time to inform her family about the decision. Maybe it was because Taeyeon had constantly been a listening ear to her.

"HE CHEATED ON YOU?!" Taeyeon exclaimed loudly in anger, "How dare that bastard cheat on you! I'm gonna murder him, that son of  a- sorry," she apologized when she realized her language, "I mean, you had to follow him all the way to China leaving all your friends and acquaintances from here, and he had the guts to make you lonely and even cheating!"

The 2-years-old's mother smiled faintly yet calmly, "I despised him at first too. But as I thought about it with a cool head, I felt that, although I was not cheating on him like he was, my heart was also getting distant from him. We had an honest conversation and realized that both of us fell out of love with each other. And came to the conclusion for divorce. He didn't even disagree with anything when I took legal custody for Winter, and I'm kinda glad and grateful for that at least."

The brown-haired blinked, trying to digest the information and cool down her boiling blood at the same time, "That thing you just said, "falling out of love", is something like this even possible? Can people in love fall out of it as well??"

"I...guess?" Tiffany said unsurely, but deep down she knew she might not had been truly in love with her ex-husband from the start, "Anyway, it's over, and from now, I'm gonna focus on Winter and my soon-to-be-opening business here only."

"I can't believe when you said only you and Winter came back here, it literally was," Taeyeon said, remembering that Tiffany's parents and siblings moved back to the US a few years after their graduation. "Let me help you. You have a child to look after and a business to start. You can't do all those things alone. Maybe I can't help with a lot of things but let me help what I can, like babysitting Winter or even just cleaning you house," she offered earnestly.

"It's ok, Taeyeon-ah," Tiffany replied, "I actually don't really like it when people see me as a pitiful divorcée and single mother. They don't see that not having Siwon in my life doesn't change anything as I always lived this way before."

"I'm not implying this way, Fany-ah," Taeyeon shook her head, "I know very well what a strong and independent woman you are. But even the strongest people need someone to trust and lean on. And even though I had not been around for years, I'm still your best friend," she said and gently took the other woman's hand in hers, "I want to be there for you and Winter. Please let me to."

Tiffany stared into Taeyeon's eyes and all she could see was pure genuineness.

 

For the first time in several years, Tiffany felt less lonely.

 

Ding Dong

"Coming!"

Taeyeon stood outside a door and smiled at the voice from inside. Hurried footsteps could be heard and the door was opened, reve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter