Chapter 6 - Finale

Dumb Dumb
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I...I also hate myself for being a pathetic fool who is never aware of people's feelings. I'm such a-mmmmphh!"

 

All of Tiffany's ability to think and common logic shut down when she heard from Taeyeon's mouth that she also liked her the same way, well, indirectly of course, and then she just launched at the short woman and kissed her like there was no tomorrow. She felt like she was over the moon from the confirmation that their feelings were mutual, up to present day.

On the other hand, Taeyeon almost out when Tiffany suddenly sealed their lips together. Her widened eyes gazed at the woman who was kissing her in vigor with her eyes closed. As she also closed her eyes at the sensation of their pairs of soft lips melting into one, she felt like she was on cloud nine. Only in her wildest fantasies she ever dreamed of feelings those lips on hers since God knew when. Trust her, she really didn't want to wake up if it was a dream.

Their lips only parted in need of breath after a few minutes, as they both panted. Needless to say, their faces were red as tomatoes.

"Don't you ever downgrade yourself like this, Tae," the american-korean woman said after catching her breath, "sure, you tend to be seriously oblivious at certain things, but that's just one weak point of yours. Everyone has their own weaknesses. So don't call yourself those names again. I hate it, although I must admit this trait of yours often drives me crazy."

"S-so," Taeyeon stuttered, still recovering from the fact that her first and only love just kissed her, "what Sunny said was true? You- you feel the same way? Since long time ago?"

"Haven't you connected the dots, Kim Taeyeon?" Tiffany inhaled, "Yes, and yes, I've liked you certainly more than a friend since I couldn't even make out when. I just knew from the way my heart beats and those butterflies whenever I'm with you, which I still do. And yes, I dated and married Siwon because you gave me the impression that you didn't feel the same way and never opened up your feelings to me. I was mostly mistaken, confused and frustrated, I guess."

"I'm sorry, Fany-ah," Taeyeon muttered, feeling absolutely stupid that she always let Tiffany slip away despite having mutual feelings and how she must have hurt her feelings. She took both of Tiffany's hands in hers, "I only thought how I didn't want to lose our friendship and that thought probably blinded me."

The black-haired smiled softly and leaned her head on the other woman's shoulder, resting her hand on Taeyeon's chest where she felt her heart beating faster than normal, "Actually, I was at fault too. I should've been more honest and told you my true feelings openly, knowing your personality. I let my ego and emotions get better of me instead."

"Let both of us not blame ourselves again," the brown-haired stated, caressing Tiffany's cheek which still showed tints of red, "I'm actually thankful with our present. Because we have little Minjeong with us like a gift from the heavens. She wouldn't be here if I chose not to be dumb and you to be open." Tiffany nodded in agreement, sighing in content at the familiar peach scent of Taeyeon's hair, as she nuzzled into her neck.

"So..." Taeyeon timidly said, carefully reading the face of the woman she loved so much, "are we a thing now? Like, umm, girlfriends...?"

Tiffany rose up from her shoulder, chuckling in amusement, "What else then? Are you suggesting we go back to friends after that kiss and all those confessions?" she said with a playful smile.

Taeyeon blushed in embarassment, scratching the back of her neck as she gave her a goofy grin.

"Dork."

------------------------------------

 

"Like finally! Congratulations, you two!" Sunny chirped at the two women who shyly exchanged sweet glances at each other, "I was even thinking of enrolling Taengoo into private classes on raising awareness to oneself and others," she joked to which everyone at the table laughed heartily. The couple decided to share their friends the good news after a month of being together.

"I was also wondering when you two will start confessing to each other," Seohyun added, "it was frustrating even for an onlooker like me at how you two were so close yet so distant from each other."

"What- you also knew?!" Taeyeon asked the younger girl in surprise. Tiffany just stared at her lover with a smile, amused.

"Of course we do, Taengoo-ah! It was obvious enough for everyone. You were the only one with no clue," Sooyoung commented. She was a great addition to their small group of friends after she started working with Tiffany in blogs for her boutique and got close with them.

"They're right, Tae," Tiffany firmly claimed, squeezing Taeyeon's hand gently, "you really should work more on this."

"By the way, where's Winter?" Sunny asked, remembering the little girl who always tagged along with Taeyeon and Tiffany to their gatherings and eventually became fond of them.

"We dropped her off at her daycare before coming here. She said she missed her best friends there," the mother of the kid answered.

"Oh, that's new. No offense at all but doesn't Winter usually dislike being at daycare?" Sooyoung questioned.

"It's ok, Sooyoung-ah," Taeyeon replied, "lately she's gotten better in socializing and began opening up to strangers, like how she took a liking to you all after meeting several times. She also made friends and gets along pretty well with other kids in daycare which we're really glad and grateful for," she said, to which her girlfriend nodded in agreement.

"That's great to know, unnie!" Seohyun said in glee, "I'm so happy for Winter as well as you two. Now that all misunderstandings ended, I really really hope you two can be together forever."

"It will be, Seohyun-ah. For sure," Tiffany said as the couple stared at each other, deeply touched by blessings from their friends.

-------------------------------------------

 

3 years later....

At Incheon International Airport, Tiffany Hwang nervously stood among the crowd in the arrival hall, her one hand holding a bouquet of daisies and another holding the hand of her 5-years-old daughter. Her foot continuously tapped the floor in impatience.

Her eyes twinkled when people started flowing inside. Her eyes looked for only one person and she beamed when she found that someone.

"Taeyeon-ah!!"

Kim Taeyeon spotted two people waving at her and she quickly walked towards them after waving back.

She was pulled into a big tight hug by the awaiting woman, as she hugged her back with the same eagerness.

"I missed you. Welcome back," Tiffany whispered as they broke the hug, handing the daisy bouquet to her girlfriend. In fact, she wanted to kiss Taeyeon so badly but held herself back as they were in public and Winter was with them. South Korea was still a not very open country for same gender relationships after all. And also, they agreed to not show it in front of Winter as she was at the age she could understand things, and both of them decided she was too young and it was too early for her to find out their abnormal relationship that could potentially shock the girl.

"Missed you too, and thanks for the daisies," blonde-haired Taeyeon replied and then shifted her focus on the little girl beside the woman.

"Our princess, I missed you a lot. Didn't you miss me too?" she asked, kneeling down at the eye-level of the girl and gently cupping her face.

"Of course I missed you so much, Auntie Taetae!" Winter excitedly said, reaching out to hug Taeyeon's neck.

Taeyeon giggled, "Good thing you didn't forget me. I was so worried thinking you might have forgotten or gotten distant to me."

Taeyeon's company sent her to their branch at Norway on a 1.5-years assignment, giving her chance to learn in a completely different country and industry, as well as to work with Norwegian team and artists there. It was a great opportunity for her undoubtedly, so as much as she didn't want to leave Tiffany and Winter, she accepted it for her career growth, with full support from her girlfriend.

"How could she forget you when you always did videocalls and sent messages to us like at least 3 or 4 times a week, idiot?" Tiffany playfully nudged her elbow on her lover's side.

"Mommy, don't call Auntie Taetae an idiot!"  Winter exclaimed with a pout on her lips, frowning.

"Okay, okay," the mother put her hands up in surrender, "now that your Auntie Taetae is back, you're only siding with her and abandoning mommy, huh?" She pretended to sulk.

"Of course. Our Minjeongie is always on my side, right?" Taeyeon kissed the girl's chubby cheek, picking her up in her arms.

I'm finally home.

------------------------------------------

 

"Did she arrive well?" Taeyeon asked when Tiffany stepped into the apartment. The mother of the 5-years-old just drove the kid to her kindergarten, and as much as Taeyeon wanted to accompany, she stayed due to strong jetlag.

"She did," Tiffany replied before joining Taeyeon on the couch as she hugged her lover's waist and nuzzled her head into her chest. The blonde hummed in satisfaction at the familiar scent and feeling of her lover in her arms.

"I seriously missed you loads, babe," Taeyeon mumbled, caressing Tiffany's long black hair with her fingers, "And I actually would've kissed you right there and then once I saw you at the airport if Winter wasn't there."

Tiffany smiled at the fact that her girlfriend felt the exact same thing as her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter