3. Vegas Club

A Glimpse of Freedom

Yeonjun’s words were followed by silence. Of course, it is already one in the morning. Most people will go to clubs by around ten in the evening.

"At this hour?" Yeji broke the silence.

"Yeah, the early hours of the morning are the perfect time for clubbing. So…" He turned towards Beomgyu. "Where is it?"

"It’s just two blocks from here. You could easily walk from here to there. "

"It is dark though, I’m a bit scared. Can I just borrow the pick-up truck again?"

"I can’t trust you to drive back after clubbing and getting drunk." He sighed. "Maybe I’ll just drop you there and just tell me what time to pick you up."

"Nice, so… does anyone want to come with me?"

His last question is followed by another silence.

"No one? Okay, I’ll just go. See you tomorrow I guess."

"Wait!" Ryujin suddenly exclaimed, which made Yeji stare at her with bewilderment.

"Babe, what are you-"

"I’ll come with you!"

"Babe, are you ing serious?"

"I cannot pass up this opportunity. Who knows what will happen tomorrow? Your parents are probably gonna fetch you and you will be locked in your mansion forever. You don’t want that, do you?"

"Our money will run out. We will be ing broke. "

"We can just avoid spending our money on alcohol. Or we could just go there to dance without drinking alcohol, or we could ask for drinks from others. "

"Shin Ryujin, please grow the up. Stop being so ing imm-"

"So, are you guys coming or not?" Yeonjun interrupted their conversation. He is getting impatient, and he is tired of hearing the couple argue.

"I’ll go." Ryujin answered. "It doesn’t matter whether you will go or not." She said while looking at her girlfriend, or probably her soon to be ex-girlfriend.

"God, I’ll go too. I can’t trust this woman to take care of herself. " Ryujin just rolled her eyes.

"Anyone else? Not gonna lie, I don’t want to be stuck with an arguing couple. " Jeno snickered at what Yeonjun said.

"I’ll come." Jaemin said as he raised his hand. His act made Winter and Jeno look at him with shock.

"I’ll go clubbing too." Winter said. "I haven’t experienced that, so I wanted to experience my first night clubbing with you guys."

"Oh, I’m honored that I am part of your first clubbing experience." It was an odd statement from Jaemin.

"Jaemin. Have you thought about this?" Jeno asked him.

"Yeah, I did. I haven’t gone clubbing in a while, so it will be nice to experience it again. Besides, just like what Ryujin said.

"Fine, I’ll go too. I’ll be there to make sure you only drink a single bottle so that you won’t run out of money. "

"I’m not a kid."

"Yeah, yeah, sure kid." Jeno teased his friend.

"So, we’re all going, right?" Yeonjun asked them again. He received a couple of "yeses" and nods. "Okay, I’ll give you guys ten minutes to prepare for our clubbing. I’ll be waiting for you all here. "

As soon as Yeonjun said that, Ryujin immediately dashed to the stairs, leaving Yeji frustrated. The others also soon went into their own rooms and changed their clothes and got all the things that they needed. Only Yeonjun and Beomgyu were left downstairs. While waiting, they returned the board games that they played. After that, Yeonjun began playing the solo in Guns N’ Roses’ Sweet Child O’ Mine. Even if he is playing an acoustic guitar, he is still able to nail that performance. Beomgyu then looked at him with amazement in his eyes.

Ten minutes later, they’re all done in the lobby, and they are ready to go. All of them dressed appropriately for their clubbing, except for Yeonjun, who still wore his drenched clothes, and Beomgyu, who didn’t bother changing his attire.

Beomgyu was the last one to enter the pick-up truck since he still needed to lock the motel. Once he got in, he noticed something about Yeonjun.

"You brought your acoustic guitar to a club?" He asked while he started the engine.

"Why not? Who knows, the bartender might even give me free drinks if I play for him. "

It was just a short seven-minute drive to the club. Beomgyu dropped the others first, except for Yeonjun, before it found somewhere to park. There were still some parking spaces left, so Beomgyu was able to park easily.

"So what time will I pick you all up? It is already thirty minutes past one. At around four, maybe? Is it alright with you?"

"What are you talking about? You’ll stay here with us. Don’t worry, I’ll pay for you. "

"Not again."

"Come on, you need to relax for a bit. I’m sure the motel’s owner wouldn’t be able to know that you were clubbing for a few hours. It is just for tonight. "

"Yeah fine. I won’t drink though, I need to drive you all back. I’ll just stay in the corner and watch you all get drunk. "

"Kill joy." Yeonjun said as he snickered.

"Just make sure to pay me quite a high price for taking care of you all when you get drunk."

"Yeah, yeah. Come on." He said as he grabbed Beomgyu’s hand to get inside.

The pair entered the chaotic clubhouse. They were greeted by loud music, chaotic lights, and human activities fit for clubbing. Beomgyu scanned the area in hopes of finding where the others were. His eyes landed in the rightmost corner, and he saw Winter drinking with Jaemin and Jeno.

"I’ll just join them." He said to Yeonjun.

"Sure, I’ll just party here. See you around." Yeonjun said as he turned around and headed to the dance floor.

Beomgyu then noticed that Yeojun still had his acoustic guitar while he was dancing with strangers.

"What a weirdo." He muttered to himself as he headed straight to the table.

He headed towards the L-shaped table where the others were seated. He saw a bucket full of ice and alcoholic drinks. He took note of the weird atmosphere in the room. It seems that Winter and Jaemin are giggling to themselves, each of them holding a bottle of an alcoholic drink, while there’s Jeno on Jaemin’s left, who seems to be quietly drinking alone, not participating in the conversation of the other two. Beomgyu decided to sit right next to Jeno.

"Where are the two girls?" He asked Jeno.

Jeno then motioned his hand towards the bartender, where Yeji was drinking while chatting with a stranger. He then shifted his hand towards the dance floor, where Ryujin can be seen dancing with someone.

" got pretty bad when Ryujin immediately bought a drink and headed to the dance floor. Then Yeji got mad, decided to take revenge against Ryujin so she bought multiple drinks for herself, then drank all of it in one go. Now she’s flirting with someone, and Ryujin is dancing with a stranger. All of that happened in less than ten minutes. I bet after all this clubbing they’re going to break up. "

Jeno then took a sip of his drink before continuing. "Then these two here…" he said while pointing his mouth towards the direction of Jaemin and Winter. "…has been chatting non-stop ever since we got off the truck. It's funny how I’ve been beside them the whole time, and they haven’t noticed me.

Again, he took another sip. He is already more than half way through his bottle. Drunken thoughts are spilling out of his mouth. "You know, I should be happy for my best friend. He’s finally fallen in love again. I should be happy, right? But why do I- oh hey, look at Yeonjun!" he said as he pointed towards Yeonjun in the middle of the dance floor, making out with someone with a drink in his hand while he was still carrying his guitar strapped to his back.

"Imagine making out while you still have a guitar strapped to your back. "That idiot." Beomgyu said as he snickered.

Just after he said that, his eyes caught another making out session on the dance floor. "Is that Yeji?"

"That’s what alcohol does to someone." Jeno said as he ironically took a sip from his bottle. "Look at these two. They looked like silly little fools, being drunk, talking nonsense, yet somehow it made sense to both of them. " He said, while side-eyeing the couple to his right.

At that moment, Beomgyu sensed something about Jeno.

"Drunken feelings also come out when you’re drunk." He commented.

"Yeah. I think I need to keep my mouth shut. " He said as he finished his bottle.

A couple of minutes later, another incident happened on the dance floor.

"Haha, she does have a thing for straight-haired, elegant-looking girls, who, for some reason, love getting wasted on the dance floor. Ryujin was probably jealous of her girlfriend making out with a stranger, so she decided to do it herself."

"This is going to be so ing chaotic." Beomgyu nervously laughs. "I don’t want to deal with their mess later. I hope these kids sort it out themselves. "

Immediately after Beomgyu said that, they saw someone in the corner looking as if they wanted to pick a fight with someone.

"Holy . Is that Yeji?" Jeno asked. "Wait here, I’m going there."

Beomgyu was left alone, he soon felt awkward because of the couple beside him.

"You haven’t written romantic stories, you say? That’s probably because you haven’t experienced it. "

"Yeah, I’m less. Do you want to receive the honour of being the first person that I am romantically involved with?"

Beomgyu wanted to puke because of the cringe. He shifted his gaze towards where Yeji and Jeno were in order to try to distract himself from the cheesiness of the couple beside him. That’s when he saw someone familiar.

After Jeno went to his seat after preventing Yeji from starting a fight with someone, Beomgyu had a realization.

"I swear, they shouldn’t have drunk when they have a low alcohol tolerance. She almost made a mess. We shouldn’t have gone here. Yeonjun that son of a b-"

"That person, the one that Yeji, fought with…" Beomgyu cut him off.

"What?"

"That’s my ex." He said as his hands balled into fists. He began breathing heavily, unable to calm down.

"Hey, hey, calm down. Do you want to go with me outside for fresh air?"

Beomgyu is a little hesitant, but he decided to go outside.

"The girl she almost fought was my ex. Basic high school love. If you think I’m in my emo phase right now, I’m way deeper in my emo phase back in high school. Our family went bankrupt, followed by a couple of bad things, and then she’s there. She saved me for four years. She brightens my life too, only for four years though. I’m not sure what happened. She probably cheated on me with that guy that Yeji made out with earlier. Funny how the story just circles back." He said as Jeno consoled him.

The two continued to talk for a little bit, opening up their burdens to each other.

With Jeno and Beomgyu outside, this leaves Jaemin and Winter alone at the table. Now, without his dear friend, Jaemin felt more freedom to do anything that he liked.

"Have you thought about writing s?" He asked, then giggled.

She laughed as she placed her right thigh over his left one. If left unchecked, she might even sit in his lap.

"Of course I haven’t. I haven’t experienced it. Will you teach me?" She said as she leaned on his shoulder. Upon experiencing Winter’s action, he proceeded to place his arm around her, then kissed the top of her head.

Alcohol does have wild effects on shy people.

Upon noticing his arm being put on his shoulders, she held it.

"You have scars." She said as she looked closer at his left arm. "I didn’t notice it earlier since I haven’t been this close to you."

"I also have some bruises and scars here." He then lifted his shirt, showing his stomach full of scars and bruises, which garnered a shocked and concerned reaction from Winter. "But let’s forget about those. Let’s just enjoy the moment." He said as he kissed the top of her head again. She is still worried about it though.

Without the only sober people in the group staying inside the club, chaos ensues, starting with Yeonjun who, for some reason (namely alcohol), begins playing his acoustic guitar in the middle of the dance floor. He was able to gather a small crowd of drunken people who enjoyed his singing and playing of Wonderwall by Oasis. How the people were able to hear his song, despite being in a loud club, is unknown.

In the corner of the dance floor, Ryujin, seemingly unfazed by the mess that Yeji almost created, went to find another person to dance with. After a couple of minutes of winding through dancing people, she was finally able to find someone who was willing to dance with her. It must’ve been the alcohol that made her too drunk to dance well without stumbling. Thankfully, she was caught by the person who she was dancing with. Tension eventually arises, and they start making out.

Ryujin opened her eyes and realized it was actually Yeji that she had made out with.

SLAP! And off she goes to find another person to around with.

Yeji caressed her swollen cheek while laughing, and then proceeded to around with another person just like Ryujin did. She eventually stumbled upon Yeonjun who was playing his guitar in the middle of the dance floor at a crowded club.

Suddenly, someone from the crowd shouted at Yeonjun.

"Hey, aren’t you the lead guitarist of that band whose vocalist just got murdered?!"

Murmurs and chit-chat began arising in the small crowd he gathered.

"Yeah, it does look like him!"

"Your bandmate just got murdered. What the are you doing here?!"

"You killed him, didn’t you?!"

Hearing the reaction from the people around him, Yeonjun quickly ran away. He saw Yeji in the small crowd he gathered, then immediately grabbed her hand and dragged her to the exit.

"We need to go!" He shouted at her.

In the right corner of the club, Winter and Jaemin’s tension was interrupted by the chaos that was happening on the dance floor.

"What the hell is happening there?" He asked.

They then saw Yeonjun and Yeji running towards the exit. Both of their instincts told them that they should go out as well.

In the midst of the chaos, Ryujin is still making out with another stranger. Suddenly, she felt a wave of people moving towards the exit. It is about to cause a stampede. She broke off her make-out session and began to wonder where her companions were, especially Yeji. She began to dash towards the exit, realizing that they might've gone outside. She squeezed through the midst of the crowd, then went out the door.

"Shin Ryujin! Get your ing in here!" Yeji yelled as the car started moving.

It only took her mere seconds to realize that the crowd were after someone in their group. She immediately ran towards the moving car. Beomgyu, upon realizing that Ryujin is running towards them, slowed down the car a bit. At the back of the truck, Jeno began opening the flap to let Ryujin in.

" this! I’m ing confused. " Ryujin screamed as she got closer and closer to the car.

Jeno held out his hand for her to reach it and be able to be pulled up. She ignored his hand and got up by herself. She then sat on the right, besides the cuddling Jaemin and Winter, with the intention of avoiding Yeji, who sat beside Jeno.

Jeno then immediately locked the flap at the back of the pick-up truck. The sound of the flap locking, gave Beomgyu the go signal to start speeding up. Relieved, Yeonjun, who sat at the front seat, looked out the window and gave a middle finger to the crowd.

"Hey, what the is happening?"

"Just drive. Go anywhere but here. I’ll just explain what is happening. "

Confused and slightly frustrated, Beomgyu drove towards the place where he always goes at this hour.