Chapter 06

Rothenwest academy: Falling

subscribe and leave a comment please ❤️❤️❤️
 

'May I sit here?" I turned and saw Seungmin standing in front of me.

“Sure” I answered,Ara went to find Lee Know so there wasn't anyone sitting next to me.

"Aren’t you supposed to be with your friends?” He took a camera from his bag and showed it to me.

“I’m responsible for the yearbook pictures, so I’m trying some angles from different places” 

 I looked at the camera in his hand, it was one of those expensive professional ones. He probably knew what he was doing, I smiled and patted his shoulder lightly.

“Hey, don’t you want to take a picture of me? I bet your pics are great”

 I smiled and made a pose. He didn’t even look at me to answer.

“ I pass, my pictures are great but I can’t make miracles” 

I rolled my eyes and showed him my middle finger, which he totally ignored, he just started cleaning the lens of his camera, indifferently.

 “ By the way, you are looking really bad today, are you sick or something? ” He asked, looking at me.

“All that a girl would love to hear “ I narrowed my eyes at him, he only grinned, and returned to cleaning his camera.

 “ Seungmin, do you know what you will do after graduation?” I asked, crossing my arms, while he was starting to take pictures of the swimming pool. We were in a great spot to see the competition, actually all the places here were good, the school deserves a thumbs up for their infrastructure, the area was covered with a ceiling made of glass, and the bleachers were all in a perfect state. I also finally noticed that most of their students were wearing the school uniform, and it was gorgeous, you could clearly notice the difference between the students from here and the ones from the other schools just by their uniform. I’m actually certain that they have their own line because I've seen like a thousand different versions of this uniform today. Seungmin was wearing one style, khaki shorts and a dark red polo shirt with the school emblem, it looked a little pompous which fitted his personality  perfectly.

“ I'll probably study business, it's not like I have too much of a choice anyway, why do you ask ?” I looked at him puzzled. 

“Wouldn’t you like to do other things? like something you really enjoy?”

“Not everyone gets to do something that they already enjoy, but we can always start liking something new, besides our family business is going to be mine someday, so it's my responsibility to do my best.” 

I clapped for him.

“You looked really cool right now, and I'm a little jealous…. I don’t have any idea about what I want to do in the future.”

 I looked down at my jeans like they were the most interesting thing ever to avoid looking at Seungmin, it didn't last long because suddenly I felt a flash in my face.

“I took a picture of you, as you wanted, so stop sulking" 

He looked at the picture that he took and made a disgusted face at it.

"you can never find out  what you are good at if you never start looking for it…...just please, avoid being a model”

 I smiled at him even after the mocking comment.

“Thanks a lot….my dear  friend”

 First he looked at me a little srprised then he rolled his eyes.  I found it cute how he took a picture to make me feel better, but I wasn’t going to let him forget that he said out loud that I was his friend earlier, since he was accusing me of being a gold digger  a few days ago.

“I’ll let you deal with Mei alone next time" I lifted both my eyebrows at him, which seemed to annoy him more  though he was trying hard to ignore it.

 " C'mon, It's not like we are really friends… if it's so important to you ok, I   acknowledge your existence” He said and  tried to avoid looking at me.

I laughed “really? I’m so thankful to have a person that acknowledges my existence but is  totally not my friend, having my back” 

He looked at me annoyed while I laughed at his face, he started to ruffle  my hair, making it messy but this only made me laugh more.

" Am I interrupting something?”

 I looked up and saw Jisung. He was wearing another  version of their schools' uniform, a white t-shirt with the school symbol and a pair of khaki  pants, it would  suit him a lot better without  that frown on his face, he was clearly not  happy. 

“YES!”

“NO!

Seungmin and I said it at the same time, truthfully I wasn’t in the mood to talk to Jisung right now, besides he looked a little pissed.

“Seungmin, Hyunjin is looking for you, he wants you to take a good picture of him before the competition.”

 Seungmin looked at me, probably debating if he should go or not, but in the end he betrayed me and left without saying anything. Jisung sat at his place. How far could that gate be that Clara and Minho haven’t come back yet?

"It looks like you two are getting along well now..yupi!" He fake smiled at me, It was the most sarcastic yup! That I've ever heard.

"Yeah…. I think I will look for my friends now, they may have got lost so excuse.." 

"Bona, stop avoiding me" he said this with a serious voice, and looked down. I sat down again and sighed.

" What are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be with your friends too?

 I said kind of annoyed, he gave me half a smile.

"Are you jealous?"

" yes, I'm" he looked at me surprised,  and I have to admit that I was too straightforward sometimes and a little possessive.

"But I shouldn't be… since I'm only a replacement for her right?" he sighed and started to play with his hands.

"So you really heard the boys talking that day right? but you should know that it was their opinion, you are nothing like Mashiro to me, you two have zero things alike." 

My heart was starting to do that thing again, breaking, beating faster..the usual.

"Of course we are not alike, she is super beautiful and ladylike and I.." he turned his face to me with a disappointed look.

"You completely distorted what I meant...do you remember the day we met?" I didn't answer 

"I've never been more mesmerized by someone before, you went alone to argue with those guys, even though they were double your size, to help a person that you have never ever seen before, first I thought you were crazy of course, and then I became sure of that"

 I  smiled a little at that and I think he saw it.

" I find it impressive how you always do whatever it takes to get what you want, you even went to my school, and worked pretty hard on your grades, so don't think low of yourself ever again you are not a replacement." I was happy inside, like really happy, but I was too stubborn to show it so I kept my poker face and only said one thing.

" Thanks" 

He turned his face at me again, he looked a little conflicted about saying his next words.

"You asked me before why those guys were after me that day right?.. it's because of Shiro`s boyfriend" he sighed "He is cheating on her...I've told him that I would tell her if he didn't so he sent his friends as a warning, that's why those guys were after me that day."

I looked at him surprised.

" I thought you guys fight destroying each other's business or spreading gossip, like in those TV shows, and isn't your family super influential or something?"

 he laughed, and I melted it was his box shaped smile, he usually used it to laugh at something funny.

"Bold of you to assume that they know how to destroy someone's business. Seungmin would probably do it …..or my mom actually he stopped chasing me because my mom talked with his parents about ending one of our partnerships with them"

 he said this happily and I was glad that he had stopped using his serious tone with me, I liked him a lot better smiling like this.

" I don't want to hurt Shiro, so I don't know what should I do" I really wanted to tell him to let her go and find out that her boyfriend is trash by herself, but I know it was my jealousy.

" Well you are the genius one, and Why are you telling me this?" He looked at me and pinched my nose.

" Because I like you." It took me 3 seconds to digest his words.

 "you like me?" He turned to look at the swimming pool.

Yeah, do you think I tutor everyone who asks me to? and for free?" He smiled.

"I'm devastated I thought you were only a really nice guy"

He laughed " At first I just wanted to thank you somehow for your help, the second time I kind of used you to avoid Shiro`s boyfriend" 

" I feel used" I faked being angry.

" But after some time our study sections became my favorite part of the day, I even watched some YouTube videos on how to look good while teaching...you can always count on the internet" he told me with a straight face and I blushed again.

"When I saw you with Seungmin today I decided that if I didn't do anything someone else could be faster than me"

 At this point I'm pretty sure that I looked like a tomato, Jisung on the other hand was extremely confident, he looked really sincere with his words.

" you are oversharing"

" I don't think it would be a smart move to hide things from you if I'm planning on inviting you to a date, what do you think? Tomorrow maybe?"

" I would love to, but there is a place that I need to be tomorrow" he looked down, he must be thinking that I'm rejecting him 

 "Maybe you could go with me, just wear some old clothes because in this place people are really humble" He smiled, it was the kind of smile you give when you get something that you really liked, I turned my head to look at the swimming pool since the championship was going to start when I saw Clara and Minho carrying bags of food and looking at us with smirks on their faces. 

"I better get going, you know? Cheer for the winning side" I gasped. 

"You wish, Chan is the best swi…' I felt soft lips on my cheek but it didn't last much. I looked at him surprised.

" So...see you later so we can talk about our date" I smiled like an idiot

" So, date hum?" Minho mocked me.