Chapter 04

Rothenwest academy: Falling

“I was with my friends, Ara and Lee Know at the public swimming pool watching Chan, who was practicing really hard, he was going to represent our school in the city swimming competition.

“ Why is he working so hard? Isn't he already the favorite to win this?” Minho said a little bored looking at  his cellphone. I just smiled.

“His motto is work hard, and don’t procrastinate, during the soccer season I had to stay awake with him every night during a week to watch all the other teams playing so he could learn about their techniques or whatever……It actually helped me sleep better since I think soccer is super boring.”

"When is the competition again?" Said Ara “eating” Chan with her eyes, I have to admit his body was amazing, he was the whole package  with a six pack and  most importantly a personality of gold.

"This Saturday, are you coming?" She pushed her sunglasses down and looked at me.

 "Of course I will, it will be like a shirtless guys paradise" I laughed Ara was a free spirit at heart, she would always say what she wanted without caring about what others were thinking, besides she looked like she could have been one of the woman warriors from the island in the wonder woman movie, with her long black hair and dark brown eyes.

" so you won't go to cheer for me?" Chan got out of the pool and came to meet us, water was dripping from his hair, I hand out a towel to him.

" You will survive, you have a whole fan club  and our cute Bona to cheer for you"

 I gave him my cute smile, he frowned In response

"You screamed so much last time that I almost stop swimming to tell you to shut up" Minho and Clara laughed

“ It wasn’t me…I didn't.” They kept the judgmental look at me.

" So I guess I have no other choice other than to go cheer for the Rothenwest academy"

 I showed him my tongue, but I could see the insecurity in his eyes. One of the things that Chan valued the most was loyalty so I regret what I said immediately.

" Even though I know you will be the winner " I smiled reassuring and I could see a little of relief on his face.

"So this Jisung boy, tell us more about him, is he hot?"  Ara asked, and I brushed a little..

" There's no much to say, we are going to study again, but in his house this time….my mom is the house today...and I don't want her to meet him, she will make a million of questions, so he told me to  go to his house instead" 

" What? To his house? BONA!"  Chan whined.

"It's only studying Chan" He passed his hand through his wet hair.

" Bona, don't you think that he is helping you a little too much? Nobody would do this for free" 

Chan said worried and I knew where he was coming from, but Jisung was different.

" Maybe he likes me" I said confidently.

"He barely knows you" Lee know said And Chan nodded in agreement.

“You are only setting yourself up for a broken heart” I looked angrily at him but Lee Know come at my defense.

"Are we going to have a fight? Because I'm not in the mood today, Chan let her live her life"

I gave him a thankful look.

" B, I'm with Chan in this one, you are a tough cookie most of the times but completely soft with people, I don't want to see you getting hurt"

"Okay, moms” we are just studying not dating or anything, and I will be going because I don't want to be part of this conversation anymore "

_____________

 

"He lives in a mansion….what a surprise" his "house" takes the whole street, it looked like one of  the celebrity mansions that I saw in magazines and movies. He must have told someone that I was coming because before I even got close enough of the house the gates opened for me. I entered there with my old red car. I called her Manuelita when I bought her 2 years ago, it was an old  Chevy. As I finally got to the front door I was received by Jisung's butler.

" Miss Bona, it is a pleasure to have you here" on gosh, so formal.

 " Is it a pleasure to...be here?" I think I did fine since he nodded and smiled "Follow me please, Mr. Han is in his room" I looked at the house as I followed and it was amazing, everything looked really new, like it had been brought today, the employees must work a lot. The decoration looked “clean” in a fancy way, everything was kind of white with big transparent windows letting all the light enter, my mom would love it looked beyond beautiful.

"Miss?" 

"Sorry" I said quickly I didn't realize that I had stopped to stare. We got upstairs and passed some doors before finally getting to his room, Alfred ( I gave him this cute nickname in my head) knocked twice and we were welcomed by a half sleep Jisung, he was wearing sweatpants, a simple black t- shirt and his hair was all messy, I fight a lot with the urge to fix it for him.

"Bona!!" His face lighten up when he saw me and then he blushed as he looked down at his clothes.

"Can you give me 5 minutes? To at least try to look like a human being" I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"No, because I think you forgot that I was coming" He looked shocked " No, no I swear that I didn't” he turned his attention to his butler and said “ Joon, I asked you to wake me up" he looked like a child complaining to his mom.

" Mr. Han, I will sleep well at night knowing that I did my best trying to do it, it's not my fault that everytime I came you end up telling me to give you 10 more minutes" I laughed hard this time as Jisung opened the door for me to enter.

"I will ignore this, because I love you and also because I know that you will bring something delicious for us to eat" 

He smiled at Joon,and I decided that this was my favorite one, it was the kind of smile you give only to the people that you care for.

“Looks like you get along pretty well with him” 

I said as I entered in his room, it was really big and messy at the same time, the maids that I’ve seen walking around the house must hate to clean it. The walls were Black and blue and there were three white  doors, one leading to a balcony, and the others probably leading to his bathroom and closet. There were also  lots of notebooks and books on his desk. His bed was all messy since he just got up, the other side was a lot more organized though, there was a tv connected to some video games, a sofa and  some shelves with a lot of action figures from animes to heroes, there was also a guitar hidden in a corner.

“He takes care of me since I was a toddler, rumours has it that I that the first thing that I learn to say was “Joon”, Just don’t tell my mom, she will always deny it” I laughed “Kudos for him” 

I looked at him awkwardly honestly I tried to look cool and all about this in front of Chan and the others but I was a wreck of nerves, it was my first time in a house alone with a guy other than Chan or Lee know, I was so self conscious that I didn’t even know what to do with my hands.

“Bona, I said that you can sit if you want to” I laughed awkwardly 

“I must have got distracted...sorry” I sat on his bed, what wasn’t the best idea, what if he gets the wrong idea? he took a chair from his desk and sat in front of me.

“You know it can be my imagination, but I think you are a little nervous right now” 

He lifted one eyebrow and got closer to me, probably to annoy me.

“I’m not...why would you think that?” He smiled at me “I don’t know, maybe because you are talking like a robot, and hugging yourself like your life depended on it” I pouted 

“ Ok, I admit, I’m nervous because it is my first time in a boy’s house other than Chan's, so I’m kind of….awkward, but you seem just fine though, have you brought a lot of girls here?”

 He smiled and standed up going to his desk to get his glasses. 

“ You have a really dirty mind, miss, it's worrisome” I laughed as I   got all the books from my bag and spread them in his bed. 

“You know, it's not because my bed is a mess that you can make it messier, I have a room to study you know?” I got a little embarrassed after this.

“Oh, really? I’m sorry I'll get every…..” 

He started to laugh.

 “I was joking with you, we can study here too. you look so confident sometimes but got frustrated by the most silly things”

 I rolled my eyes and threw one of his pillows at him. 

"Ouch, now this is war, and I'll not hold on just because you are a gi….Hey! Ouch"

 I didn't let him finish as I started hitting him with the pillow. He didn't waste time and got another one to hit me. Soon we were both on the bed laughing and hitting each other, until I gave up and lay down on his bed, he sat beside me.

"Isn't it weird?" He asked me while I was catching my breath, he may not be into sports but he sure had a good stamina.

"What? That I am stronger than you ? Don't be embarrassed"

 he threw another pillow at me " No...that we’ve met and in such a short time  we  already became this close" 

I was going to answer when someone opened the door.

" SUNGIE !SHIRO!" A short boy with black hair wearing a black Rothenwest academy swimming uniform came in looking annoyed,  he was cute even though he had a frown on his face.

"Shiro?" I asked Looking at Jisung who suddenly found his hands too interesting to look at me.

"Changbin, Joon clearly told us to knock first your idiot" 

A tall really handsome boy said, he was wearing the school swimming uniform as well, and froze when he looked straight at us, I don't blame him I was laying on Jisungs bed with him sitting right next to me and the bed was a total mess.

" why are you two here? Weren't you doing a training trip or something?" He asked clearly annoyed I used to opportunity to sit down and also tried to fix myself.

"Yes, but we told you that we were coming back today, the championship is gonna be soon." 

"And it's gonna be tougher  this year, Bang chan is everyone's favorite to win" 

Changbin said angrily.

" Yep, Chan is amazing and is practicing really hard for this"

 I blurted out feeling proud of my friend.

" yeah, yeah, let's add it to his “I’m perfect list"

 Jisung said annoyed.

"Are you his friend? Jisung you can't be friends with the enemy."

 Changbin said as I stood up, I was feeling really thirsty after the pillow fight.

 "Don't worry I couldn't get any of your secrets yet, Jisung is doing a good job protecting you” I said smiling “And my name is Bona by the way...you must be Changbin and Hyunjin right?" 

Changbin looked shocked and Hyunjin only smirked but didn't say anything, so I kept talking.

 "where is the kitchen? I would like to drink some water" Jisung who was trying to fix his bed finally looked at me and said " Oh it's downstairs but just call one of the maids and ask them to bring to you, I nodded and went searching for one of the maids Leaving the room, I found Joon on the way, he was bringing some sandwiches and tea for us, the thing is I hate tea so the poor man being the gentleman that he is offered to bring me some water and coffee and told me to return to the room.

As I was going back I heard they boys talking.

" Jisung this is really dumb, you know she is not Mashiro right? They kind of have a similar vibe but…”

" Bona is my friend, Shiro has nothing to do with it"

"Ah really? That's why some weeks after she started dating another guy you decided to hang out with another girl.”

 Changbin said and Hyunjin laughed finally saying.

 " Mashiro must be pissed right now" . Well this was my cue to enter.

"Hey!...” They all looked startled at me “I asked Joon to bring some water but Chan called me asking help with his practices so I will have to go"

 They all looked startled at me but didn't say anything. I tried to lighten up the mood saying good luck as I left the house. Honestly I didn't have any right to be jealous or anything Jisung and I were only friends.

_____________________