Chapter 01

Rothenwest academy: Falling

"So what do you plan to tell your mom? " Chan and I were going home after class. We were in our last year of high school, and unfortunately I wasn’t doing so well.
"Since I'm a very honest person I will just say the truth and wait for my death….. Do you think she will kill me fast or slowly?"
As he was going to answer I saw a boy, probably our age, being beaten up by two other guys. It looked kind of unfair, the ones hurting him looked a lot stronger and it was 2 vs 1.
"Chan look there...they are beating him up"
I pointed at the poor boy and my friend diverted his attention looking where I was pointing.
"That uniform is from the Rothenwest academy right?”
I said and he agreed.
”They are pretty far from their school though" he said nonchalantly and kept walking.
"Well, we should help right? they are going to kill him"
" Bona,...it's not our..."
I didn't let him finish. I head straight up to the fight with all the dignity of my 5`2 feet.
"Hey! stop this or I will call the police" I shouted getting closer, the two guys who were beating the boy looked at me and laughed and I have to admit that I could cause as much fear as Mickey Mouse.
“That was pretty cute`'' One of them said while looking me up and down, and going back to kicking the poor guy on the floor, there was a lot of blood but he was facing like a champ, he didn’t ask them to stop.
“ I will really call the police, so you two are better stop right now”
They just laughed again looking straight at me this time. At least they stopped hurting the poor boy, he could catch his breath a little.
“You know, you are kind of pretty for someone from this part of the city…. why don't you use your mouth for something more useful" one of them said smiling and getting closer to me.
I felt disgusted. Luckily my knight in shining armor decided to show up, as one of them was reaching to touch my face my friend hold his hand and in a blink of a second he was punching the guy’s face.
"And you know what? for a rich kid you don't have any class, so I will talk to you two in a really simple way"
They could look tough but Chan hit the gym almost twice a day and he was also the school sports star, minus in basketball he doesn't like it when people say it but he is kind of short...built but short.
"Get the away from here"
They ran away as soon as Chan said it, I suppose that punching was really strong because they chickened out pretty easily, it wasn't exactly the show that I was expecting.

"It was too easy, I was hoping for you to hit the other guy too, and maybe break a nose, it would be so epic like one of that Rambo's movies that we had watched"
He lifted an eyebrow at me.
"Weren't you saying that two vs one was unfair and that you would call the police?"
"Yeah….but I never saw you losing any fight, and they also disrespected me, after that I was totally okay with any kind of violence"
As I was saying that I remembered that the boy who was being beaten was still on the floor.

"Here let me help you" I said, Chan was still looking at him with a doubtful face.
"What happened? Why were you all here?” I asked “It's really far from your school"
It was true, their school was on the other side of the town, it was really famous for being one of the best in the country, to attend you needed to have the blood and the money. The boy looked at me and Chan, a little scared as he finally got to get up.
"Well... jogging?" He looked like he was trying to come up with something, he looked cute.
“Try again”
He looked at me and said.
”They were going to hit me, I tried to ran away and as you can see I'm not actually a Usain Bolt, but somehow I came further than I thought”
I was totally convinced, actually he got me the second I looked at him.
"Bullies,I can't believe this is unacceptable, right Chan?”
My friend who was now entertained with some phone games just nodded, not paying any attention to what I was saying.
“I hate people who think that they can do whatever they want, I should have called the police"
The boy laughed.
“Their parents are politicians and lawyers, but I guess getting a purple eye for the first time was pretty scary for them…thanks a lot.”
“Don’t thank me…I just did what I thought was right” I said but he looked at Chan
“ I was thanking him…but I guess it applies to you too” Chan decided to finally pay some attention to laugh at me, I got embarrassed.

“ Are you okay? Like You are all….black and blue”
He tried to smile, it was cute even though his face was all swollen.
"Its okay really…. but I should get going....thanks a lot for the help"
“Do you have a phone? or someone that you could call?”
I asked, holding his arm before he could go. He took his mobile from his pocket all broken, he would need a new one,then he looked at me with expectation.
” Well..my battery is dead...Chan?"
“No data”
I looked at him.
“you can come to my house and call someone from there…”
He smiled at me and honestly I forgot the swollenness, it was the most beautiful smile ever.
“ Nah, it's really okay but thanks a lot.”
He waved and started walking, the problem was that he couldn’t, the guy could barely stand.
"Chan, do you think he knows how to get a bus?"
My friend, who was quiet the whole time, didn't even looked at me to answer, he just kept playing his game.
“I don’t even think that he has money with him”
“People will notice the uniform and he will probably be robbed and beaten up before reaching the bus stop, and them they will kidnap him and ask for money”
Chan rolled his eyes.
"You and your imagination, he is not of one the stray dogs that you take to your house Bona"
I didn't answer back and he sighed.
"Do whatever you want"
I ran to the boy who was still close,my grandma would be faster.
"Oh! Hello again you…...I don't know your name"
He said this a little embarrassed.
"Bona, and you are..?"
"Han Jisung, you can call me Han"
"Han, you will come to my house, it's not debatable, It's closer, and you can rest, have something or the pain and call your parents"
"That's is nice of you but even though you look harmless my parents told me to be careful with strangers. "
I rolled my eyes
"Really? You think that I would try something on you? “
He gave me an awkward guilt smile.
"You never know"
"If this makes you feel safer Chan will go too”"
" Well now that the gym boy is coming I feel a lot better"
I rolled my eyes and answered
"You could just be thankful”
Before he could answer something Chan appeared.
"So is everything ok? Is he going ? "
"Sure, he totally agreed, right?"
I looked at Jisung.
"Yeah, I am going
He mumbled something but followed us to my house anyways.