Class Nightmare

Can You Keep a Secret?
Please log in to read the full chapter

After the mess that happened in orientation, the university president scheduled an online session for the first years. There was one girl who was pissed off with this announcement.

 

“Can you believe this, Aeri?” Jimin scoffed when she finished reading their email.

 

“Weren’t you the same one who tried to leave because it was too packed?”

 

“Yeah, but it was before I saw that cute girl.” Jimin muttered.

 

“Whoa, don’t tell me you already found yourself a campus crush. It’s only been day 1!”

 

“Who said this was a crush?”

 

“You literally almost fought with the RA (residential assistant) because you wanted to go back to the main campus to find this girl.”

 

“N-no I didn’t….”

 

“Yeah whatever, anyways did you figure out how you were going to get that textbook for Professor Hwang’s class?”

 

Jimin let out a big sigh and said, “No, I tried asking other students but either it was too expensive or it was the wrong version.”

 

“What type of textbook costs $500? Has she lost her mind charging students that much amount of money?”

 

“I don’t know…I tried to email her but she automatically forwarded it to the TA (teaching assistant). If I don’t get money for this textbook soon, I think I’ll be forced to drop this course.”

 

Jimin struggled all summer to get money for the textbook. She wanted to work part time during the summer but her parents stopped her because they wanted her to enjoy her last summer before college.

 

She even tried to find online versions of it but was only met with trolls or weird anonymous users asking her for her credit card information.

 

“Maybe you can talk to her after the first class?”

 

“Yeah, you’re right! You’re a lifesaver Aeri!”

 

“Now, lose that frown becauseeeeeee we’re going to watch Deadpool!” Aeri said excitedly as she jumped into their couch.

 

Jimin frowned even harder.

 

That night Aeri made Jimin watch all the Deadpool movies twice. Jimin was grateful that the sleeping gods made her friend fall asleep after the fourth movie.

 

She carefully placed a blanket on her sleeping friend and then went to her room. Staring at the ceiling, Jimin’s thoughts ran wild. The face of the girl she saw in orientation flooding her mind.

 

The name Winter suits her…

 

That was her last thought before the sleeping gods caught her too.

 

||

 

A few days have passed since the orientation, and it was already the first day of classes. Minjeong stayed up all night making sure her bag had all of the essentials.

 

In the back of her mind she wondered if she was going to see the girl from orientation in one of her classes. It was a small chance, but Minjeong kinda hoped she would see her again.

 

The mini-gay panic she had in orientation definitely made her heart race. The last time her heart raced that fast was when she was out with her family and a clumsy waitress spilled water on Minjeong’s skirt.

 

The waitress innocently brushed a towel against her thighs but that trigged a mix of emotions for the high schooler.

 

She never went to that restaurant again.

 

When she felt the soft breathe of the other girl in her ear, she knew she was in trouble. She almost glared at Ning Ning when she pulled her away from the girl.

 

But once she got out of that corner she saw the face of a goddess. A literal goddess.

 

She froze a bit when she saw her face and did a quick small bow to hide her own blushing face.

 

Once the girls got back to their apartment, Minjeong knew she messed up. She didn’t get the girl’s name.

 

That’s why today she hoped to see even a glimpse of the goddess, and her goal was to get that goddess’ name.

 

Minejong tightened her white belt that went with her black and white cardigan. She gave one last look in the mirror before she headed out with Ning Ning to their first class.

 

Given that both girls come from business families they had to take some Econ courses that their parents approved of. Unfortunately, that meant they had to take the 8:40 am classes as those were the only times the Econ courses were held.

 

Let’s just say that the girls are not exactly the morning type of people. When they finally went inside the lecture room, both were surprised that it was already semi-packed.

 

Luckily, they found two empty seats in the middle of the room. It was a bit far from the blackboard, but because it

Please log in to read the full chapter