Midterm Week

Can You Keep a Secret?
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was midterm week at SMU.

 

The main library was practically the new dorm for some students. SMU was known to have one  of the toughest exams amongst colleges.

 

It wasn’t a surprise that students were studying 24/7, or until their body completely shuts down. Even some of the vending machines ran out of coffee and energy drinks.

 

Minjeong was under a lot of stress. Not only does she have 24 hours to finish her business project she also has another midterm exam in two days.

 

But the main thing on Minjeong’s mind right now was Jimin’s question about Kwangya Airlines. She didn’t even have time to question the girl because her dance club members found her and dragged her away.

 

Does she know who I am?

 

That’s the only thing Minjeong was thinking about and it was driving her mad in one of the worst weeks at SMU.

 

Unfortunately, she hasn’t gotten the chance to speak to Jimin alone. Besides their club duties, their spare free time went to catching up on lectures and studying.

 

Minjeong can only hope that her cover wasn’t blown. But right now she has to focus on memorizing the different forms of electronic commerce for her midterm exam.

 

The young heiress was not the only one struggling to focus on studying. Jimin has been cooped up in her little library corner for about 5 hours now.

 

Jimin has been looking over her online flashcards for the past 30 minutes while Aeri kept on poking her sides trying to catch her attention. Once she felt the back of a pen touching her hip she finally had enough.

 

“What the is your problem?” Jimin spat out.

 

“Are you done yet? I promised Somi we would try out this new fro-yo spot by the school.” Aeri said, trying to appeal to the girl.

 

Jimin knew that her friend has been with her in the library since 10AM and now it’s close to 3PM. They only fed on snacks Aeri bought from the convenience store.

 

Fro-yo does sound good right now….

 

“Get up we’re going! I can’t take stand that old librarian eyeing us because we’re sitting next to her precious collection.” Aeri grabbed Jimin’s arm and pulled the taller girl towards the exit.

 

Jimin was finally able to breathe in some fresh air.

 

Maybe it’s good to have a break.

 

When they got to the fro-yo spot they saw the tall blonde girl waving at them. As they got closer to the table they saw two other people there.

 

It was Winter and Ning Ning.

 

“Hey girls! We were waiting for you for a while now. Why’d it take so long?” Somi questioned as she ordered some yogurt for the group through the tablet.

 

“Because smarty pants here held me hostage in the library.” Aeri answered as she sat down.

 

It was a round table and Somi sat in the center with Ning Ning on her right and Winter on her left. Aeri chose to sit next to Ning Ning and threw a quick wink at Jimin as she sat next to Winter.

 

I’m gonna totally burn her manga collection.

 

However when she sat down she saw the girl next to her completely dissociated. It was as if she was in her own world.

 

Jimin tapped Winter’s shoulders to get her attention. Winter was shocked and confused on how the very girl who is on her mind is literally right next to her.

 

“Don’t get creeped out but whenever that fool gets stressed out she goes into her own little world.” Ning Ning said.

 

Winter glared at her before turning her attention to Jimin.

 

“When did you get here?” She asked.

 

“A few minutes ago. Aeri pulled me out of the library so that we can finally eat.”

 

“You haven’t ate yet???” Winter asked worriedly.

 

“It’s fine I’m used to it. I was much worse back in high school.”

 

“Much worse?!?”

 

“Yeah, Jimin almost went the entire school day without food until I forced to eat my tuna roll.” Aeri said, joining their conversation.

 

Winter was so shocked about that, that she stood up and grabbed the other girl’s hand and left the fro-yo store.

 

“But I just ordered for us!!!” Somi yelled out.

 

“Let them have their little couple moment. Now do they have serve boba here?” Aeri said.

 

||

 

Jimin felt like a rag doll, the smaller girl hasn’t said anything for a few minutes now. She never encountered an angry Winter before so she didn’t really know what to do. For now, she kept shut and let the girl drag her.

 

After walking for what Jimin felt like an eternity they finally stopped in front of a restaurant. And not just any restaurant, a Michelin star restaurant.

 

“We’re going to eat lunch here.” Winter stated.

 

“H-here?? This looks way too expensive.”

 

“Don’t worry about it I got us covered.” Winter said shamelessly.

 

“Covered?? Win, we could just eat some food from the dinning hall.”

 

“The dinning hall is closed until dinner service and I am not going to allow you to wait until then to eat some food. Now let’s go.” Winter pulled the girl inside the luxurious restaurant.

 

The restaurant was covered in light green jade. There were sculptures at every corner of the restaurant. Every table was perfect, the forks and spoons were lined up perfectly opposite to each other.

 

The waiters escorted the girls towards a table near the window. Jimin was about to place her coat on her chair when the waiter took it and hung it on the coat

Please log in to read the full chapter