Way up (MinMi)

(G)I-DLE oneshots

Part I: Way home

 

Miyeon POV

 

I'm walking home, coming back from Minnie's house. It's pretty chilly outside, late August night, but my clothes are just warm enough to make me comfortable.

 

With my green hoodie and white sweatpants, I'm on that 20 minutes walk that separates our houses. I usually listen to music but my phone is dead.

 

Minnie and I are best friends. It's simple, we grew up like soulmates. Our parents are really close friends. I'm happy that both of us live that close. 

 

I spend so much time with Minnie, she tells me everything about her life, but... do I tell her everything? No.

 

Not my biggest secret.

 

I love her, she loves me too. But I want us to be more than friends actually. I always thought it's bad, and denied these feelings to myself, but I'm at that point now, when it's impossible to refuse it.

 

I have feelings for my best friend, it happens, but knowing she'll never love me like I do, that's the worst thing in my life. I don't wanna tell her or she'll feel bad for not feeling the same.

 

Because Minnie is straight. She never had a boyfriend, but she had crushes. When she tells me about them, I . It's hard though to hide jealousy like that.

 

And there's this day, I've been impatiently waiting for because I've been anticipating it for too long. The day I'll fall down, when someone will fall in love with her. And she will like him back.

 

I don't want to lose her.

 

But for now, I'm relieved she doesn't hear my accelerated heartbeat every time she hugs me.

 

I look back in front of me. I'm crossing the park on my way home.

 

When I walk near a bench, I hear the voice I know too well shouting.

 

"Miyeon!"

 

 

Part II: Way to you

 

Minnie POV

 

Miyeon leaves my house as I watch her, smiling. 

 

Does she know I can read in her mind? I'm connected to her.

 

I go out of my house silently. Even though there's nobody in the streets, the light wind, the crickets and the few cars are enough to drown the sound of my distant footsteps from Miyeon. But she looks lost in her thoughts again.

 

Miyeon is my best friend but there's a few things she'd be surprised to know about me, like how I follow her every night to make sure she goes home safely. I can't help myself.

 

But there's also a few things, of should I say a whole bunch of things she doesn't know I know about her. I'm just teasing her all the way. She's sensitive and weak in these kinds of situation, so she'll probably not be upset when I'll tell her that.

 

What? My biggest secret.

 

And there's this day, I've been impatiently waiting for because I've been anticipating it for too long. The day she'll fly high, when I'll tell her.

 

I've been following her to choose the perfect moment to do it, just when I will feel like it, at the perfect moment. 

 

And honestly, that's right now.

 

 

Part III: Way up

 

Third person POV

 

"Minnie?" Miyeon turned around to ask in disbelief.

 

"Yea, that's... my name." Minnie chuckled and shrugged.

 

"Why did you follow me for 15 minutes like that?"

 

"Oh, don't worry, I'm used to it, I always do." She smiled. Miyeon suddenly felt a bit uncomfortable so she sat on the bench where Minnie joined her shortly after.

 

"Talk." Miyeon looked at the beautiful tree in front of her, then at Minnie's sudden move. The younger was holding her hands, on her lap. 

 

"I think it's finally time to tell you something, Miyeon. You'll be angry, but so happy so let me explain the whole thing before pronouncing a word." Miyeon nodded, moved her head to the left to face Minnie and rested it on the back of the bench with her hand.

 

"Go ahead."

 

"So... how do I start? Should I... I'm gonna start like this, don't be upset. I've lied to you. Not a bit, quite a lot actually." She scoffed but kept her eyes fixed on the beautiful listener, who was looking unsurprisingly curious.

 

"I never had these crushes, Miyeon. I never liked all these guys. I chose them carefully so it would be realistic." Minnie didn't feel uncomfortable like Miyeon as she continued, reminiscing about her ideas.

 

"I set stories up like they do in movies. Honestly, I feel dumb thinking about it. I don't even know why I did it in the first place. I guess I like these kinds of things but who thought it could go that far?" Minnie stared back at Miyeon who was starting to feel a bit awkward at the direction of the speech.

 

"Well, that's also a lot to explain but let's end with this point for now. Next one... you're too easy. Easy to guess, predictable. Do you think a best friend shouldn't know things like that, notice them? I think you forgot I was Minnie for a second right here." Minnie's words look selfish but sound a bit sarcastic. And Miyeon is really getting uncomfortable right now, lowkey anticipating what is about to change the relationship.

 

"I know you like me." She said like it was nothing but it made the older's heart stop beating.

 

"No. I know you love me." Miyeon could run away.

 

"But the truth is-" There wasn't any sound to cut her, only her actions. Minnie looked at Miyeon quickly and kissed her softly.

 

"I do too." The still confused Miyeon ignored the overtaking impulsive side of her personality, and just pulled Minnie aggressively to kiss her again.

 

She felt the younger girl's smirk pressed against her lips but couldn't care less.

 

She pulled out and took Minnie's hand.

 

"We're almost home, let's go."