Wrong (MinMi)

(G)I-DLE oneshots

"When are you gonna tell her you have feelings for her? It's obvious she's also into you, she's always close to you for someone who doesn't like skinship." Soyeon says to Miyeon. They are on the sofa of the little appartement they share with Yuqi too. They're eating snacks and chatting, like they do really often.

 

"She's my best friend, and I'm not sure these are real feelings." Miyeon replies sadly. A short silence follows her words.

 

"Don't think I don't understand, unnie, you're just too afraid."

 

"But what if I actually get rejected?"

 

"Then, even if you find it painful, tell her to ignore these feelings. It won't ruin your relationship, I swear."

 

"But it's harder to live when your best friend thinks she's hurting you."

 

"Do whatever you want, but if you don't tell her, you'll regret it at some point. I see the way she looks at you, she won't hate you because she loves you. Even if she doesn't feel the same way i-" Soyeon's speech is cut by the door of the apartment opening wide. She stops talking immediately because it's a secret only she and Miyeon know that they were talking about.

 

"I'm back! Let's eat!" Yuqi says as she drops the grocery bags on the kitchen table. 

 

"Were you guys having a serious conversation? You seem awkwardly quiet." Yuqi chuckles and it makes Soyeon smile.

 

"Yes, but I don't care if you interrupted it because I'm just glad you're back."

 

Miyeon rolls her eyes and Soyeon stands up and helps Yuqi to make dinner.

 

"Do you wanna help us?" Yuqi asks but Miyeon shakes her head.

 

"You remember the last time she entered in the kitchen?" Soyeon says playfully and she and Yuqi laugh.

 

Miyeon gets up to go to her bedroom.

 

"Tell me when it's time to eat!" She says loud enough for the girls to hear her.

 

She lies down on her bed and falls asleep immediately.

 

30 minutes later

 

"It's time to eat!" Yuqi says with her deep voice and Soyeon laughs. 

 

"Wait do you hear that?" They both walk to the door and open it. Miyeon is snoring loudly and Yuqi can't help but laughs.

 

"Should we wake her up?" The shorter girl asks.

 

"Uh-huh." Yuqi thinks two seconds of the funniest way to wake her up and then walks to the bed and blows in Miyeon's face but she doesn't wake up so Yuqi screams.

 

"WAKE UP!"

 

"Yah! Why are you always so rude?" Soyeon and Yuqi laugh at Miyeon before telling her dinner is ready and sitting to the dining table. 

 

"Miyeon unnie, we have something to tell you!" Yuqi makes an eye contact with Soyeon before smiling excitedly.

 

Miyeon's attention turns to the pink haired girl.

 

"I'm listening."

 

"Me and Soyeon are together!!" She screams.

 

Miyeon pretends to be surprised.

 

"That was so fake right here, your reaction!" Soyeon points out.

 

"Do you really think I'm surprised while you've made it that obvious? I almost thought you already told me that." Miyeon says coldly.

 

"Why are you so annoyed?" Yuqi asks.

 

"I don't know, it's not about you guys, I think I'm just not feeling well today."

 

"We can watch a movie after if you want."

 

"Okay but let me cuddle with you guys then!" Miyeon answers cutely.

 

After watching a movie all cuddled up together, they go to sleep in their respective rooms. Miyeon thinks she won't sleep but she does at second she goes in her bed. 

 

The next day

 

Miyeon wakes up by the sound of chattering plates and bowls. 

 

"Let me stay in bed another 10 minutes." She mutters to herself but straight up bounces off her bed when she hears her best friend's voice along with Soyeon's and Yuqi's.

 

She puts on her comfortable outfit she only wears at home that consists of a black oversized shirt and green baggy pants. She also wears her alligator slippers and runs into the living room.

 

"Minnie, when did you arrive here?" She runs and hugs the Thai girl who is wearing a fluffy furred jacket that makes Miyeon wanna hug her even more tightly.

 

"About an hour ago."

 

"You should've woken me up, I missed you so much."

 

Minnie and Yuqi went to Thailand and China to visit their families in the last two weeks, and just came back.

 

"I tried to, but I couldn't." Minnie says. Miyeon buries her face in her friend's shoulder to hide her embarrassment.

 

"Let's eat! I'm hungry." Miyeon changes the subject.

 

The two best friends sit on the sofa as the couple makes breakfast.

 

"Now I'm gonna feel lonely, these two are too annoying!" Miyeon pouts pointing at Soyeon who is hugging Yuqi and cooking eggs at the same time.

 

"Aww, that's cute. Well I have only a room downstairs, but it's a queen sized bed and the apartment is even bigger than here. I can come live here instead?" They actually have this pretty big house with their two other friends Shuhua and Soojin, and they change apartments regularly.

 

The three apartments each have a living room, a kitchen, a bathroom, a room with a single bed and one with a queen sized bed except for the one where Minnie is staying where there is no room with a single bed.

 

"Yeah! That's a great idea, it would be amazing." She also thought about how she could spend more time with Minnie and clear her mind about her feelings for her best friend.

 

The next week

 

"I'm so happy it worked! I needed a break from these two cringy crackheads." Miyeon is helping Minnie to unpack her last box.

 

"Yes, I needed someone to live with me, I was feeling lonely." Minnie smiles and makes a cute squealing sound.

 

"Aww, stop being so cute." Miyeon blushes.

 

Minnie is about to talk when they hear a loud bang in the kitchen. They both get out of the room to see what happened but see nothing.

 

"I don't know what that was though." Miyeon says.

 

"Weird."

 

Then Minnie puts the shirt she was holding in her new wardrobe.

 

"We're done!"

 

"Yes!" The older gives a high five to Minnie.

 

"Let's eat." They order chicken and decide to start watching a movie while waiting for it.

 

After eating, there is still an hour remaining to the movie and Miyeon lies down on Minnie's lap.

 

The taller girl feels cold and grabs a blanket to cover both of them. At the end of the movie, Minnie is asleep and Miyeon gets up. She's suddenly feeling very cold so she checks if the apartment is still heated.

 

It is freezing outside as Miyeon remembers the loud bang she and Minnie heard earlier. She checks on the thermometer and notices that the heater broke. 

 

"We'll fix that tomorrow." She whispers to herself.

 

"Miyeon?" She hears her best friend muttering her name in the dark and opens the light.

 

"What?"

 

"Why is it so cold? Did you turn off the heater?"

 

"It doesn't work anymore. We'll fix it tomorrow."

 

"We can sleep together if you want."

 

"Umm... okay." Miyeon and Minnie go to the Thai's bedroom and slide under the covers.

 

After 30 minutes, they are both still awake.

 

"Miyeon, I'm cold, can you hug me?" Minnie asks and Miyeon comes closer to Minnie and holds her.

 

They fall asleep quickly.

 

-

 

When Miyeon wakes up, she notices the cute girl in her arms. She smiles at her happy looking expression and tries to get up without waking her friend but fails.

 

"Why can't I have a cloud too?" Minnie says angrily but cutely.

 

Miyeon chuckles.

 

"What?"

 

Minnie opens her eyes and stretches.

 

"I said why can't I have a-" She stops her phrase with the funniest confused look.

 

"This dream was absurd. I was in the sky and there were lots of frogs too but hey were all on clouds and I was just floating." Miyeon bursts out laughing.

 

"I'm making breakfast. You coming?"

 

"No! Stay! I'm still cold."

 

"Okay, if you want." Miyeon puts her arms over Minnie's body. They look at each other seriously. Suddenly, an idea pops out from Miyeon's mind.

 

This is the perfect time to confess.

 

"Minnie." She starts softly even though she already has the younger's attention.

 

"I-I love you. Like more than you think. I need you by my side. And when I see you like that I just want to..." She takes a deep breath and closes her eyes.

 

"I really want to kiss you." 

 

Minnie grabs Miyeon's cheek with her still expressionless gaze.

 

She pulls her closer, closes her eyes and kisses her. She pulls back and shakes her head. Her eyes are now covered by a sad panicked expression. She sits on the bed and looks at the door.

 

"I shouldn't do that, it's wrong." She rapidly whispers.

 

Miyeon looks at the scene, shocked.

 

"I'm sorry, but I can't do anything more." Minnie almost says in a hurry looking at Miyeon and quickly turns her eyes back to the door.

 

She breaths with her tensed body.

 

Minnie feels Miyeon's hand on her shoulder and turns to face Miyeon's eyes.

 

The beautiful smiling eyes of her best friend are now like a dying person's ones. Minnie loves Miyeon, she just can't accept her own feelings. She knows it's wrong but then there's a voice telling herself it's not okay.

 

But Minnie can't resist and lies back on the mattress to cry in Miyeon's shoulder.

 

What did I do? She thinks to herself.

 

Miyeon's head is empty as she traces a word with her finger on Minnie's back.

 

W-R-O-N-G.

 

And it resonates again and again in her head.

 

A/N: To be continued! 1654 words. That's quite long but I don't care. I'm taking a pause from my other book because I just need that but don't worry I'm not gonna give up! I will try to update soon I just want to write other stuff now.