Apprentice Adventurer

legend of The Adventurers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is everything ready Jinsoul?"

"Yes mom"

"Your bag, your staff, potion-"

"Mm-hmm~~~"

The day has come for Jinsoul to go on her journey. The adventure that awaits her indeed seems to be exciting but at the same time, her mother could not help but gets worried for her daughter. "Your eyepatch!" Her mother shout, looking everywhere for the piece of clothing that she made for Jinsoul.

"Mom, I don't think I need it anymore...?" said Jinsoul carefully.

When she was born, her parents doesn't expect her to be born with a different eye. She literally has a shining blue circle within her right pupil. Later knowing that their daughter's condition is called odd eye, which clearly sounds like it can be either bad or good. They had become so restless, worried to death for the safety of their own daughter. Mostly her mother to be exact. 

"Rirora is not a friendly place Jinsoul, you know many people will see you and- and- they'll- they'll- do something bad to you just because of how different you are!" Her mother stuttered through her words. Jinsoul can see how anxious her mom is at the moment, so she reaches out for her hand. Felt the warmth of her mom's palm on her cheek, knowing really well how much she'll miss this. "I know mom... I know..." she speaks softly. Her odd eye was shining as she look at the woman who bring her to life.

"But I don't think I can keep on hiding this for the rest of my life, can I?" She uses both of her hands to hold onto her mom's hand. "What if I met my soulmate in my adventure? Don't you think she should know about this?"

"Jinsoul, we have talked about this, you can't just call strangers your soulmate!" her mom speaks so hurriedly, "They can be a trap-!"

"Do you think that father is a trap then, mom?" a smile on the blonde's face as her mom's shoulder goes from tense to relaxed and then stays still, "Mom, I love you, I know you're worried, so I'll wear the eyepatch just for you BUT..." she pauses for a second before saying, "I hope you'll trust my decision as well as respecting whoever that person will be..."

"Okay..." her mom says defeatedly but Jinsoul isn't done yet.

"No matter what their races"

"No matter what their classes"

"I hope you'll love my future partner as much as I do..."

Rirora is indeed a developed country. Magics, technologies, and many things are pretty much advanced but one big problem that Rirora has is racism. Alais Ballar, their own leader is still saying how the Elf is the mightiest race in the land of Hares. Forgetting the fact that Half-Elves, Vampires, and even Human still exist among them.  This had brought many problems in the daily life of those who aren't purely Elf. Those who are 'odd' in a way that is different from the elf.

Most of the half-elves are pushed to the rainforest. Building their own city and working their best in the never-ending rain that they live in. Jinsoul is well aware of the condition of her own country but that doesn't discourage her to go for adventures on her own. Her father had been telling her story of the beautiful land of Itaton, and the mysterious land called Entover. How could she not feel the fire inside her to go for an adventure? Like how could you resist that?

Her mother let out a long sigh before nodding and finally looking at her daughter with tears in her eyes. Jinsoul had grown up into a beautiful young woman. A powerful monk to be exact. Following the step of her father, Jinsoul decided to learn how to be a monk and that worried her mother to death but now here she is in her blue sleeveless robe with the pendant of the goddess their family serves, Eldath, on her chest and staff on her hand. She is more than ready to go on her adventure.

"If you say so..." for the last time, her mother holds her daughter's face in her hands. Takes it all in because she doesn't know what fate holds for her but she'll always pray that the daughter she adores will one day return. "You got my blessing... My dear daughter"

"I'll go now mom, take care..."

As she stepped out of the house, rain greets her as usual. Jinsoul had decided to never look back anymore or all her resolution will crumble within seconds. So she walks toward the rain, taking each step so confidently as her back slowly disappears from the sight of her dearest mom. Walking to the unknown who of her fate. Thus Jinsoul's adventure had started.

©©©

In this land, you can see carriages, donkeys carrying woods, horses, and their rider. You can see a young woman holding her bow as she waits for someone in front of busy carpentry. She was just polishing and checking her bags for the last time when she heard someone calling her name from the distance.

"Yves eonnie!"

Smile that shine as bright as the sun. Running in her full armor while carrying a giant shield on her back. The red feather on top of her helm jumped up and down as she run towards the name she call. "Are you going somewhere?" still with a smile plastered on her face while breathing so heavily after all the running.

"What..? Why you ask?"

Yves is one of Entover's excellent archers. She had trained as part of the army to protect the city and her friend in front of her is called Chuu. She is a Paladin.

Here is how Entover's training goes, they are going on gruesome missions such as slaying dragons and hunting Razor Boar but to be a Paladin takes kindness and purity. Chuu being the innocent soul that she is was scouted to be trained specifically as a Paladin. While Yves who actually had no interest to be Paladin later was scouted to be an Archer.

"You had your bag with you, are you going to hunt again?"

While Paladin is tasked to protect the country, Archer also has a similar job but more specifically they're hired to hunt animals. Since the war no longer exists in Hares. The archer is tasked to either assassinate people or paid based on how many kilograms of animal meat they could bring. Sometimes in the middle of their hunting journey, it's not rare for Archer to let go of their position and decided to be vegan because of how mentally and physically tiring is to hunt animals. But that is not the case for our Yves.

"Huh? I quit tho?"

"Oh?" Chuu furrowed her eyebrows. She shake her head, thinking that her friend was playing with her. "What are you talking about? You are like the highest paid Archer in Entover... why would you even quit..."

However as she locked eyes with Yves, the girl wasn't smiling. She stood still with a stoic look on her face. 

"You... you really quit the army?" Chuu doesn't know what to say for a second before finally asking her question, "Why?"

"I could no lon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter