Deadly Bird

legend of The Adventurers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just one quick question, will you fight with a bird that could kill you?

Because that is Jinsoul's question at the moment.

She literally just got out of the rainforest, before reaching Vamelf (the main city of Rirora), she needs to go through another forest. The Griffin's Cry Woods. 

If you think it's just a name... no it's not...

Jinsoul pretty much saw a big shadow fly above her head. Screech as it passes by, sending shivers down her spine. Remembering what her father said about this mythical bird, the woods were named after them because they made this place their home. Her father said, when the Half-elf people were pushed to live in the rainforest, they had made an agreement with those gigantic birds; they will not be hunting after the half-elf, they will be helping the half-elf for meat resources in return, the half-elf shall not hunt after the griffin and their eggs. Her father said that some of the powerful griffins can speak in other creatures' languages, they are leading the other griffins in negotiation. As long as those who pass the woods know their boundaries, they will be out of this place alive.

Fingers clutch onto her bag strap, walking through the woods, she was thinking of spending the night here since it took her two days of walking to reach the woods. Her feet finally feel sore and she's reminded of how her father used to brag about how he walks for a week and doesn't feel tired. She scoffs at the memory while also longing for her family at the same time.

But that feeling doesn't last as she could hear another screech followed by a scream from... a human?

©©©

Griffin's Cry Woods, Rirora

She swears she's trying to be quiet. Sneakily climb up the tree and go after the griffin's eggs but the giant bird comes back sooner than she thought. So here she is fighting for her life with the company of her pet Owl, Howie. Which is a clear disadvantage on her side. Clearly.

The Griffin basically just need to flap its wings and it was able to send them meters away from where they stood; away from the nest. She's trying to block it with a swing from her sword, hoping that it could break through the wind and cut her some slack. Her attack went clash with the win and thankfully saved some time for her to take her pet and ready for escape but the griffin, still screeching angrily, flapped its wing with bigger force, making them fly to the sky and catch them with its talon. She screams out of fear, feeling like this could be her last moment. 

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry, I won't be stealing any eggs-"

The griffin screeched back at her as if saying that it doesn't believe her. Tears started filling up her eyes, she hold onto Howie tightly. Thinking of surrendering to the upcoming fate for whatever it is. Till she saw a blue shadow running through trees, is that a human? animal? She had no idea. That thing moves with so much agility, jumping from branch to branch. Her eyes met with a gorgeous blonde wearing an eyepatch. Everything happened way too fast, she can barely process what is going on but somehow ended up being held by the blonde woman.

"You okay?" asked the blonde,

"Oh- Uhm.. y-yeah..."

Well... they don't get the time to chitchat because the griffin was so mad that it runs toward them this time. 

"That thing can run?!"

"Yeah it is..." the blonde answered dejectedly before once again running while carrying a stranger in her arms, "How's your little friend though? Is it okay?"

Looking at the owl in her embrace, she just nods. Felt warm that this blonde stranger somehow cares for her and her pet's being. "What is your name?"

"Huh?"

"I asked, what is your name?!" she asked warily, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout..."

"Oh! It's fine, I'm Kim Lip"

"That's a cute name- anyway I'm Jinsoul, I'm a monk and my energy is actually at its lowest since I haven't rested for two days," in the middle of this mess, Jinsoul seems to be don't mind with oversharing, "Can you do anything that will help us buy some time to run from that gigantic bird?"

A monk... no wonder she can do this kind of thing...

"I'll try..." Kim Lip said hesitantly, she's been using most of her power to block and attack the griffin before. So she's not sure if her bolt will work or not this time. "Don't hurt the bird" Jinsoul said firmly.

"Wha- what? That's impossible...!"

"I said what I said, don't hurt the bird..."

Kim Lip looks over Jinsoul's shoulder. All she sees is a vicious predator trying to kill them (mainly her for stealing the egg but still!). Huff annoyingly, she did it anyway. Concentrating once again, the pendant on her chest glowed bright red, and so does her eyes, a ball of bolt was formed in her hands. Growing bigger and bigger till it spread like strong wind over their head. 

Jinsoul stopped her track and noticed that it was a barrier. "You said to not hurt the bird right?" Kim Lip said weakly, "I hope that's enough..."

She faint the moment she finished what she said, Jinsoul smiled and glanced over the griffin trying to break the barrier before making another run. Away from the enraged mythical bird.

©©©

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter