Desert of Nowhere

legend of The Adventurers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Location:

Itaton's Train

Silent filled the void between the two adventurers. They're on their way to Itaton, specifically the border between Itaton's desert and forest. Yves remembers vividly how in history class she was taught about how amazing Itaton is. 

"Itaton is the largest country in Hares and divided into 3 big areas. Their capital city, where human, harpy, elf, and all sort of creatures interact with each other for trading and business." her teacher paused for a while before continuing, "Desert of Nowhere, this is where many those cat-like races- I mean Neko and some human, and maybe some Lizardfolk..?" she looks kind of unsure as her eyes skimming through those long paragraph, "Lastly their forest which is... Uhm- surprisingly has no exact name so people call it the No-name Forest...?" 

To be really honest, she stays in the history class solely for her adventure's sake. The same reason as Geography. She diligently listen to those boring lectures so she could make herself a good map. In front of her, Olivia had been asleep for a while now. Since they got on the train, the werewolf had said how much she need a lot of nap since she got a feeling her wolf will spend lots of energy out of Entover. Yves just shrugs it off and told the younger girl to do whatever she felt like doing as long as she's not far from her.

The Archer knows really well that despite her ability, it'll be hard for her to survive by herself. Meeting the half-werewolf felt almost like a lucky gamble. Being only 'half' of one of the most popular races in Entover can be considered a struggle according to Olivia. She's graced with amazing physical ability but her family background made the whole respect in the werewolf pack gone. Her mom is a human, while her father is actually another human who was cursed by a werewolf for belittling them. Yves felt guilty when she was reminded of how shocked she looked the moment Olivia told her all of this. It was totally justified that Olivia wanted to live Entover for good.

On the other hand, Yves felt ashamed because her reason for leaving is quite childish however, Olivia just shrugged it off and said"As long as you have your reason"

Yves look out of the train and found only sand covered the panorama in front of her. She can see a glimpse of houses; a small town in the middle of a desert probably? They've gone for at least thirty or forty-five minutes from the Train Station in Entover. Looking at her map, Yves smile, "We'll be in the next station really soon"

+++

Location:

Entover

She dragged her feet. There is no sign of happiness on her cute face. Chuu was trying to process everything that happened a couple of minutes ago. How Yves look at her with glossy eyes and the sudden appearance of a literal stranger that now accompanying Yves on her adventure. "Is that her girlfriend?" she stopped walking for a bit. "But is that girl even Yves eonnie type?" her own monologue got her a couple of weird stares from passersby.

But she is so immersed in her own thought, she could not care less.

She and Yves are growing up as childhood friends. It was kind of Chuu's fault for not recognizing how Yves feel towards her but it is not exactly her fault for falling in love with her fiance. Getting herself a confession from a childhood friend then the said friend is somehow leaving you by yourself for her adventure- well not technically by yourself but Yves did leave her! So Chuu got a reason to be mad at the older girl.

Yet being the sweetheart that she is, the Paladin could not bring herself to be really mad at Yves. She even grows worried for Yves. "Will she be fine..."

Another storm of thought was about to enter her mind when a familiar voice called her name so softly. "Chuu eonnie?"

"Gowon..."

+++

Location:

Desert of Nowhere Train Station, Itaton

"The next train will be here in an hour or so-"

A big yawn was the answer for Yves. She looks over her companion who is stretching all her limbs, still in a daze since she just woke up a couple of minutes ago. "So... hoam~ what are we going to do?" asked Olivia, "We're not going to wait here aren't we?"

An hour of waiting for a train? That sounds like a good time for a lot of naps for Olivia.

"Of course not!" Yves stuffed the map back into her trusty bag, her bow and arrow are hanging on her back safely. "This city had some good place that sells potion, we need to buy some for our journey"

"Well... I don't have any gold with me..."

"No worries, I'll cover it for you"

Yves leads Olivia away from the station. "There are lots of things I want to buy but let's save our gold first-" she looks back only to see Olivia isn't moving yet. "What are you doing there?"

"Oh- oh I'm sorry I was spacing out a little there..." Olivia chuckles nervously but she can smell it in the air. The weird smell of Hostility. She keeps her guard up after making sure her sword is easy to pull out of its sheath. She looks everywhere but her eyes can only find sand. Yves is diligently leading her to one of the small tents. Looks like it is selling what Yves is searching for. Thinking that it might just be a false alarm kind of case, Olivia relaxed herself a little bit.

"Hello there adventurers, are you searching for a health potion?"

Olivia finally got a good look at the merchant. There is this weird; almost eerie kind of air that engulfs this creature. The scaly skin and long tongue that keeps on jumping out as it spoke caught her off guard. Her memory rolled back to what Yves told her about the population that live in the Desert of Nowhere.

"Who lives in a desert?" asked Olivia skeptically.

"Well, there are some humans, lizardfolk, and Neko" said Yves

"Did they get along...?"

There were a couple of seconds of silence before Yves continued, "I heard there were lots of crimes happening but I don't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter