A Parallel Reminiscent Part 2

legend of The Adventurers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Location

Pink-Deer Inn, No-name Forest, Itaton

The resemblance. Well, not 100% similar but her presence reminds Yves of a certain person. The loud, bubbly, and bright personality of this bard named Yeojin strangely reminds her of Chuu. The way Yeojin laugh loudly without any care, being mischievous but at the same time caring and loving. Whenever Chuu was around, the air become a little brighter. Years after years, every second of her life, Yves had never been apart from the one she called her best friend but now here she is; in another land, surrounded by strangers that somehow make her long for the sunshine she used to hold really close.

Olivia was enjoying her time talking to new people in the room. They were discussing something funny regarding Yeojin's antic when it comes to rude adventurers. The bard is working part-time for Vivi, and also working for a shop in the city. She doesn't really talk about where she is from, what Olivia knows is that she is quite a hustler. Vivi loves how hardworking she is, so it is an easy pass once Yeojin applied for part-time at her inn. It was just a happy chit-chat but something was off. No sound come out of Yves, she was just staring into space with nothing in her eyes. 

"You said this shop Yeojin is working at can fix bows right?" Olivia put her hand on Yves' shoulder, wanting to bring the older girl back to the present, "My friend here is an archer, we will need to fix her bow soon since we're going to adventure through the forest,"

"Oh! We can go there together! I'll let my assistant attend the inn, I got to deliver some material to Haseul after all," Vivi turned to look at Yves, "What do you think?"

"Oh- Su-sure! It'll be great!" 

"But are you sure your body is feeling okay now?" the elf asked her worriedly, "You can stay if you're not-"

"I'm totally fine ma'am- I mean miss... oh I mean Vivi..."

Olivia turned to the side and hold her laugh; that earned her a loud slap on her shoulder from Yves. It hurt but Yves is somehow distracted from her own mind. She can always pay back with a stronger punch later after all.

"You guys can prepare then! I will be preparing myself as well, you can wait at the front of the inn!"

©©©

Location

The Capital City, Itaton

It doesn't take long for them to prepare and now here they are inside Vivi's car. Olivia insists to sit beside Yeojin because the bard seems to be fun to hang around with which obviously got an offended look from Yves; Olivia is just trying to be a good wingman. At least Yves is now able to build a conversation with the beautiful elf she's been gawking at since the moment she woke up.

"Psst! Psst! Wolf girl!" Yeojin nudged her side, stealing a look at Vivi and Yves before looking back to Olivia, "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

Olivia only nods her head slowly, in an attempt to not get caught by Yves.  "Well... are you guys really going on an adventure as soon as the bow is fixed?" Yeojin continued to ask, which also earned her another nod from Olivia. "Should I ask Haseul to purposefully take it slow?" Olivia raised her eyebrow. First... Yeojin knows Haseul, Haseul is the owner of the shop that they're going to right now... which means... OH SHOOT THIS GIRL IS GENIUS!

'Let's get this hag a girlfriend'

Meanwhile, Yves and Vivi are pleasantly exchanging conversations about how Itaton's economy going at the moment. "So all adventurers are necessarily helping Itaton grow?," Yves asked, "Yes! Each time any adventurers visit a dungeon, doing their hunting and bring back result; the dungeons will send all of it to a factory or shop that need those materials that later will be processed and sold to the market in this land or in another land," Vivi explained.

"That is really neat... what about the technology here? I heard that most of you are using magic for daily activity,"

"Oh about that... We kind of mix things a little you know, just like this car that doesn't need any driver, we are using magic in order to make the technology to be even more convenient..." Vivi took a glance outside, "We are yet to be like Rirora but I can pretty much say we're quite successful,"

Yves noticed that the scenery outside had changed from trees to a bunch of people, busy streets, and buildings all over the city. Definitely different from Entover, Itaton looks much more crowded and livelier. "We're here! Let's go!"

Yeojin opens the door for them and went inside the shop before them as well. "Why is she in such a hurry?" Yves asked, having no idea what was coming for her in a couple seconds. They are standing outside, at the front a wooden sign was hung; it says "The Trusty Fixer Feather"

Vivi leads them in and Yves immediately noticed various types of bows on the walls. Not just limited to bow, there are shooters, staff, wooden swords, and wooden shields for apprentice soldiers. She was so enticed by that sight, that she failed to notice Yeojin is whispering something to someone in the corner of her eye.

"WELCOME TO THE TRUSTY FIXER FEATHER!"

If that shout didn't just pierce into her ears, she would not be shocked to the core. She turn around to find a harpy standing beside Yeojin, with a grin plastered on her face. "I'm Haseul, the owner of this place! Nice to meet you both!"

"Always the lively greeting... I don't know how you even get the energy," Vivi said as she palmed her face and sigh, "Anyway, the woods you order are in the car,"

"ON IT!" someone jumps out from behind the counter, "I'll go get it!"

"Is jumpscare part of the service..." Olivia hesitantly asked, do not want to offend anyone but goodness she just arrived and somehow got two jumpscares.

The woman from behind the counter j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter