Chapter 2

Crashing Waves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s her death anniversary,” Tiffany says as she bites on her toast. “How’s he holding up?”

Khun sighs in response. How would he answer that? Wooyoung was never okay since Taeyeon’s death.

Tiffany seems to realize how stupid her question was so she took it back. “Malamang, hindi okay,” sagot niya sa sarili. Her phone pings a message. She ignores it. She doesn’t need to check it for she knows what it's about. For sure, it’s their group chat with messages how they miss Taeyeon. “Anong oras tayo bibisita?” Pagbago niya na lang sa topic.

“Alas tres plano nila Taec. Pumayag din ‘yung iba. Sila Jessica ba?” Tanong naman ni Nichkhun.

“Matik nagfa-file sila ng sick leave sa araw na ‘to kaya sigurado ako g sila ng 3pm.”

It’s not necessarily a lie, though. The sick leave. Ever since Taeyeon’s death, this day became a day of sadness, mourning, and grief for all of them. They may not share the same amount of grief as Wooyoung does, it’s no doubt that this day had changed the entirety of their lives.

It’s the day where they have no energy to work at all. Or to even move around. Thus, it’s deserve to be filed as a Sick Day at work.

Ito rin ‘yung araw na hindi nila kailangang i-set. Matik magkikita-kita sila kahit hindi na nila planuhin. Kahit hindi na nila ilagay pa sa kalendaryo. Matik na mararadaman na lang nila ‘yung lungkot na dala ng araw na ‘to. They would just gather and meet on her tomb, sit in silence for a whole hour. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter