sd — twelve

so done

"Oh please, Winter. Why do you even sound like you're flirting? Yunjin is watching oh," sabi ni Karina. She handed the younger girl her phone. 

"I am not? Sinabi ko lang," sabi niya at itinype ang phone number niya. Ibinalik niya kay Karina ang cellphone bago tumayo.

"It's very nice to see you, Karina. Pano ba yan? Kailangan ko nang bumalik sa date ko," hindi na hinintay ni Winter ang sasabihin ni Karina. 

The taller girl saw Winter talking to a much taller girl. They're smiling like idiots at each other. 

Karina shrugged and sighed.

To be young and in love. How nice. 

"Why didn't you invite her over?" Nakangiting tanong ni Yunjin.

Hinawakan niya ang bewang ni Winter.

"She's with her friends din kasi. So, you doing okay?" Tanong ni Winter. Yunjin raised her glass.

"I am! Your friends are sweethearts, Winter!" She exclaimed. The shorter girl chuckled. 

"I'm glad you like them, Jinjin." Bulong ni Winter. Yunjin scoffed and chuckled. 

"They're really not that hard to like. Pero I admit, RJ is scary." Natawa naman si Winter sa sinabi ni Yunjin. 

Ryujin is very protective of her. Best friend things. Protective din naman siya kay RJ. Bawal idate best friend niya no. 

"She's just protective of me, babe." Winter defended. She drew circles on Yunjin's back. 

"Do I need to get jealous of her?" The taller girl joked. Winter looked at her like she grew another head. 

"Sus, si RJ lang yun. We're just friends. We protect each other ganun. Pero nothing more."

Marami na rin ang nakakamisinterpret sa relasyon nilang dalawa ni Ryujin. Some of her past lovers even went to the point where they make her choose. Syempre, she chose RJ.

"Sure, sabi mo e. By the way, let me talk to Karina! She's a very elegant gal. Tsaka I wanted to meet another friend of yours." Biglang sabi ni Yunjin at niyakap si Winter. The shorter girl giggled.

"Lasing ka na ba, Yunjin?" Winter asked. She freed herself from the hug and put both of her hands on Yunjin's shoulders. She looked at the girl with a stern face. 

"Me? Drunk? Not in many years!" Sigaw ni Yunjin. She gently pushed Winter away and walked in Karina's direction. The latter is standing in a corner, watching her friends dance. 

"Karina! Tama ba?" Nakangising tanong ni Yunjin. She even put her arms around the girl's shoulder. Karina jerked in surprise. 

Who in the right mind would do that to a stranger?

"Ah, who are you?" Tanong ni Karina at inialis ang braso ni Yunjin sa balikat niya. 

"I am Yunjin. Winter's suitor! It is so nice to meet you, Karina." 

Karina nodded her head. This is Yunjin. Winter's lover. Okay naman si Yunjin. She's a lot prettier though. 

"Nice to meet you," Karina smiled politely. Hindi naman siya lumaking rude. They stood beside each other awkwardly. Walang nagsasalita, they are not even looking at each other. 

"Ah, I guess I should say something. As Winter's friend and all," biglang sabi ni Karina. Hindi pa naman niya naeexperience na kumausap ng mga jowa o magiging jowa ng mga kaibigan niya. 

Social convention na rin ata na friends should say something to another friend's lover. Tell them not to hurt their friend. 

"Go ahead. I am listening," unline the cheery persona, this Yunjin seems more attentive and serious. 

It is a good sign, right?

"I don't know Winter that long, but the girl is precious. She's easy to be friends with. She really believes in love, kaya huwag mo siyang ijujudge if she ever tells you stories about her former lovers. And please, please take care of her," Karina said. Nakatingin lang siya sa unahan, but she hopes that her words came through. 

Winter does not deserve half- things. She deserves the best things.

"I know. Parehas naman kami ni Winter. I would never hurt her, at least, not intentionally." Sagot ni Yunjin. They both drink from their glasses, their eyes looking for the girl they have been talking about. 

Karina hummed. She has already talked to Yunjin, but part of her still wants to talk to Winter. Parang naging parte na ng show nila si Winter. 

"Good, then. Do you have anything else to say?" Karina pushed herself away from the wall and looked at Yunjin. She saw that the latter's face is getting redder. 

Lasing na ata ang date ni Winter. She scoffed. Ang weak naman pala. Mas mataas pa rin ang alcohol tolerance niya. 

"Wala na. Babalik na ako kay Winter ha? Salamat sa oras, Karina." Lalayo na sana si Yunjin pero hinawakan ni Karina ang braso niya. She stopped walking and looked back at the other girl. 

"What?" She asked. Bumitaw na sa pagkakahawak si Karina. She put her hands on her pockets and shrugged. 

"Don't leave her, yes? I really hope that you're the last one," she muttered. Yunjin smiled sadly.

"I can't promise that can I?" 

Napakunot ang noo ni Karina. Tarantado ba itong si Yunjin? Kakasabi niya lang na hindi niya sasaktan si Winter,  tapos may balak pa atang umalis.

Karina glared at the taller girl. She didn't care if she comes off rude or catty. 

"What do you mean you can't? May balak ka bang umalis sa tabi niya, Yunjin?" Tanong ni Karina at lumapit kay Yunjin. She is probably violating the girl's personal space, but she does not care. 

Si Winter lang ang naiisip niya. Poor, poor, poor Winter Kim.

"I-" Yunjin closed like she was contemplating. 

"Answer me, Yunjin. Do you plan on leaving my friend?" 

"Look, I already had my ticket way before I met Winter. I am going to study music in States." Sagot ni Yunjin. 

It was not enough for Karina. Kung aalis naman pala, bakit hinayaan niyang mapalapit sakanya si Winter?

"Does she know?" Nakataas ang kilay na tanong ni Karina. Yunjin kept shut. She stared into her feet. 

Napamura sa isip niya si Karina. Her friend might be heartbroken after this idiot tells her about the leaving thing. 

"Not yet. Pero please, Karina! Please! I want to tell Winter about that," pakiusap ni Yunjin. Sasagot na sana si Karina nang may biglang mga braso ang pumulupot sa waist ni Yunjin. 

"Tell me what?"