sd — thirteen

so done

"So, Miss Summer, why did you call again?" Tanong ni Giselle. Nakatulala lang sa microphone sa harap niya si Karina. 

Her last call is supposed to be the last time. It's supposed to be the last time. Pero bakit na naman nandito si Winter?

"I met this very beautiful girl, DJ Giselle. Pero noong nakaraang gabi, I found out that she's leaving." Karina sighed. 

Tama naman ang desisyon niya sa tanong niya kay Yunjin, hindi ba?

"Does that mean that she's leaving you too?" Tanong ni Giselle at tumingin sa kaibigan niya. She nudged her softly. 

"No, hindi naman. It's just that I don't know how to handle long-distance relationships. What if biglang she finds someone new? Or I found someone na malapit?" Tanong ni Winter. 

Tumingin ulit si Giselle kay Karina. She stepped on the taller girl's foot to get her attention. 

"Why not try, Miss Summer? If you're both committed to each other, and of course, kung may communication kayo, it will work." Sabi ni Karina. She can taste something bitter in . Wala naman siyang kinain bago ang programa. 

She feels uncomfortable. Tama pa ba ang mga sinasabi niya? 

Why does it feel like she's at fault too? Parang siya ang dahilan kung bakit patuloy na umaasa si Winter sa pag-ibig. 

"What if hindi namin kayanin? What if we were broken up before we even got together?"  She can hear the sadness in Winter's voice. And she won't lie, she feels the same. She is so sad that Winter is still here, calling them, asking them for advice that she might use. 

"Hindi ko rin alam. I mean, I am not you nor I am her. What happens would be on you, kung hindi naman magwork, then maybe she is not the one," sabi ni Karina. 

Winter sighed from the other line. It really . Bakit ba palaging nauudlot ang road to forever niya? 

Gusto niya lang naman magsettle down. She wants a family. she wants the love of her life. 

"Miss Summer, try and go with the flow. We're here if you need anything from us," sabi ni Giselle. The call ended. 

Karina likes talking to Winter. But not in this station, not in her program, not on the radio. 

Ayaw na niyang makitang malungkot si Winter. Kung pwede nga lang na siya na lang. But it does not work like that. 

She cannot offer everything Winter wanted. She doesn't even like the girl that way. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" Giselle said and smiled warmly at her. Si Winter ang last caller nila ngayong araw. Hindi man lang alam ni Karina na tapos na ang closing lines nila. 

"Hey," bati ni Karina habang nakakunot ang noo. Bakit ang lakas ng epekto sakanya ni Winter? What's with Winter that pulls her in?

"Okay ka lang ba? Kanina ka pa hindi focused. Very unlike you, Karina." Sumandal si Giselle sa swivel chair niya at tiningnan ang kaibigan. 

"I was just thinking of something," sagot naman ni Karina. This situation really bothers her. Giselle hummed.

"Ano naman iniisip mo? Nangunguna tayo sa radio shows, this show of us is a huge success." Hindi alam ni Karina kung maiinsulto ba siya sa sinabi ni Giselle.

"Do I really look like I only care for my work, Gigi?" She asked and looked at her friend. Nagulat naman si Giselle sa sinabi niya. 

"That's not what I meant, Karina. It's just that you were always worried about the station, I just thought na you still are." Karina shook her head. She worries for Winter now. Maybe, a lot more than she worries about this program, this radio station. 

"It's just I know this Miss Summer personally. She is a new friend I met noong nakaraan sa mall." Pagsisimula ni Karina. Giselle gasped dramatically.

"What? You made a friend on your own?" Napakamot sa kilay si Karina. 

"That is your takeaway? Come on, Gi, you're better than that," the taller girl said sarcastically. 

"Fine fine. Bakit ka ba nabobother sa situation ni Summer? Friends kayo, pero kagaya rin ng sinabi mo, new friend. You are not that attached to her, are you?" 

Karina looked at her friend before looking at her watch. Her? Attached na ba siya kay Winter?

"Oh? Bakit hindi ka makasagot?" The shorter girl asked sassily. 

"Fine. She's special to me, like you and the others special. I like her as a friend. Like really," there is no point in denying anything. Pero why is Giselle looking at her like that? 

Parang iba ang gustong marinig ni Giselle na sagot. 

"Let's say she is, what bothers you? Not all people are lucky to find someone that will stay," Karina groaned. Parang nag-oovertime sila sa RadioLove. 

"But she deserves someone that would stay! Ang unfair kasi, Gigi." Karina's voice raised an octave or two, but thankfully, Giselle didn't point it out. 

Why is she even getting worked up by this? 

"Everyone deserves someone that would stay by their side, Karina. Hindi pa lang talaga nakikilala ni Summe yung person niya." Karina sighed. She wanred to say more. Pero wala na siyang maisip. 

She wanted Winter to meet her person so much that it frustrates her. 

"When? Kailan niya pa makikilala, Gi?" Mahinahong tanong ni Karina. Her friend stood up and walk to her. 

Tinapik niya ang balikat ni Karina at ngumiti. 

"I am a Radio Host, Karina, hindi ako manghuhula. What I do know for sure is that Summer is a great girl. Marami sigurong makakamisunderstand sakanya, but that did not stop her from looking for her 'the one'." Binuksan ni Giselle ang pintuan at tumingin kay Karina.

"Tara na. If you want, we can visit her," sabi ni Giselle at ngumiti. Tumayo na rin si Karina at sumunod sa kaibigan niya. 

She looked up at the sky as soon as she exit the building. Dumidilim na pala ang kalangitan. 

Kukuhanin na sana niya ang cigarette niya sa bulsa nang may humawak sa braso niya.

"I didn't know you smoke," she looked beside her and saw the object of her worry.

"Winter. What brings you by?" Tanong ni Karina. The younger girl smiled. 

"DJ Giselle called. She said na she wanted to treat me to dinner." 

Karina is ed. And it is Giselle's fault.