Flowers brings....

YOU & ME = US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Soo was a young adult who survived by working his way through three part time jobs. He helped his family live and let his sister study. His father had died when he was twelve due to some disease their financial condition couldn't help cure. He couldn't continue his studies and had to leave in the middle of high school but he wanted his sister to achieve everything she wanted. His jobs included being storekeeper at a nearby convenience store in the graveyard shift, that he had been promoted to after he joined as cleaner, being a dishwasher and cleaner at a small restaurant in the evening and deliveryman for a flower shop for the day. He had no time to sleep but since all three of his employers had basically seen him grow, they were lenient with him at times. 

He travelled the city with his old bike that his father had left for him. Thankfully, his grandparents had left a home for them, which his father hadn't sold or collatereled against to support his love for liquor and gambling. If the laws would have allowed a five or ten year old to survive on their own, he would have done so as well because his father was inept in providing for his family. Till the time he was young enough to take on the responsibilities, his mother was a helper at some rich man's house. All he had ever known was lack of money and thus, he was the least needy person ever. His selflessness had impressed everyone he met but none could help him prosper anyway.

One fine late afternoon when he arrived at the flower shop to pick up his next order, his employer stopped him there itself and said that someone else had taken it for him and that he was being relieved of his duty. He didn't like that one bit and begged his employer, who he politely used to call Grandma Kim, if she could give him another chance and that he would prove his worth to her. He didn't want to be sacked especially when the family has recently felt little more stabilised than ever before. She shushed him and said that she had better plans for him. 

Not knowing what to reply, he had let her go. She went to the back store of the shop and came out with an apron. When he saw that, he didn't understand what was going on. She said "my boy, the one who used to work at the shop with me had resigned today morning saying he is shifting somewhere else. I need somebody to work along with me and I posted a hiring sign. A guy came in saying he was ready to do whatever but he needed money urgently. I saw him having a motor bike and thought that he could deliver the parcels faster while you work here, by my side. Not only would this reduce your workload in a way, now that you won't have to travel across the city five times a day, you would also earn more and it was about time I give you a promotion." 

After listening to her he gratefully accepted the job and thanked her a million times for her thoughtfulness towards him. She blessed him with a smile and went her way. He wore the apron and followed her around learning the tricks of his new job. He was a fast learner and in a day had learned how to tie a bouquet. That day when he went to his second job, he thought that the God of Luck was happy with his hardwork because he was informed that he was being promoted there as well. He was now the server and could earn tips as well. With the total of new income from both of his jobs being more than what he earned through three jobs, he quit his third one that night. Now, he could sleep and have some time with his mother and sister. 

But, he was not satisfied with how he was living so he went on to have a job of counterkeeper at the nearby cafe for the morning shift. This change in routine also brought him closer to the society as for the first time in his life, he was making friends. At the cafe, he befriended a tiny happy guy who was great at baking and fat happy guy who was great at cooking, especially the random dishes. He also met the barista and a tea speacialist who had something for philtrums that he didn't really understand. The three jolly workers also kept him smiling by heart over the place. One of them was Chinese and other two seemed to be in love. Not his job though so he ignored that aspect. The rich boss was a good guy too and was avid drinker of hot chocolate even though he owned cafe chain. 

At the flower shop, he befriended the new delivery guy who had lots of muscles, two dogs and a motorbike. He needed money so he could continue his education and didn't know anyone as he had just come out of rehab for addiction to drinking. He also met another long and lanky Chinese guy who came weekly to deliver their flowers. At the restro, he hit it off with three cute little guys, each having their speciality and evilly smiling tall lad. One of the cute guys had a sense of balance like no other, he later came to know that was because he was training in some sort of martial arts. The other one was able to enact their boss and customer with such perfection that everyone were rolling on the floors and the last guy was a musical genious. He could create a melody with anything.  

Surrounded by such people his mental and psychological state also started improving. Maybe proper sleep, better income, lesser problems and family time had something to do with it as well. He started reading again, but this time solely on flowers. He wanted to be of some use to his patrons and thus picked a pen and paper after years. He studied books after books to know what do flowers mean. Grandma Kim was impressed with his dedication. Seeing that he could handle the shop almost single handedly now, a few days before Halloween she came to him and said that she wanted to talk to him. 

This scared him because he thought he was being chucked off but she began before his thoughts could wander. "My grandson is coming back to the country for good and is finally ready to takeover the family business. I want to make sure that his parents treat him well and vice versa, so I would be leaving this shop in your care from now on." He agreed and said "of course Grandma Kim, I will take good care of your property. Whenever Master Kim would like to visit, he would always find the business happy and prospering."

She laughed at his words and replied "oh boy, don't tell me I have never told you about the family business even though you have worked for me for around ten years as of now. This is not our business. I hope you have heard of Kims Convenience Store, we own that. My husband had started that chain and grew it upto 20 store, then it was passed to our son. He and his wife worked hard to make it upto 100 stores as of now. When my husband passed away, I opened this shop to pass my time and help people with my knowledge of flowers. These flowers come from my greenhouse especially and will continue to come from there for a long time. Only a few flowers that cannot be grown in the environmental circumstances of our country are imported. But back to the point, so my grandson is coming back and I want to retire now. I will see what my children are doing and how their children are doing. It is also my grand daughter's wedding soon so I expect you to do a great job in making the flower arrangements for her. But what I wanted to say by handing you the business is that you are now the owner of it."

As soon as she finished, he sat down cross legged on the floor with his head in his hands. She felt worried and got him water and sat near by him. He took in all the information she had just provided, tried to accept whatever was being told and reached to the conclusion that a poor person like him will now be the owner of one of the most sought after flower shops of the city. But he had his own questions and he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter