VICTORY OR DEFEAT?

Blue Beetle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence reigned on the court as soon as the referee announced a free throw. His words came out in an authoritative way, making even those who were not awake to see the game completely absorbed in the situation in which the Black Pearl team found itself. Their fame came from the label of the worst team in basketball, since they had never won any important championship, nor had any outstanding player. 

This was a great chance for all the ridicule that hung over the team to evaporate and for them to finally be known for their achievements, unless fate was playing a trick on their players. That was the thought bubbling up in Kwon Yuri's head when she heard the referee give that announcement, leaving her totally immobilized. Her arms held tightly to the bright orange ball, an indication that is her the one chosen for the free throw. 

The girl's brown skin glistened with sweat as she walked towards the imposing basket that so many were coveting in that game. Her eyes saw the red numbers on the metal plate above the hoop, only one point separating victory from defeat, hell from paradise, humiliation from recognition. All of this depended on Yuri. This one breathed carefully as she prepared for the shot. 

The ball was raised with both hands, aiming at the basket as if they were in a game of archery. She ignored all the stares coming from her colleagues and viewers as she finally threw the only chance her team had at that moment. It was not a surprise to see the ball fly, that it seemed to have no gravity, as it formed a perfect path to the basket, just a few inches short of reaching it...

— YURI. — Suddenly, a loud voice rang out across the entire court, or rather, to what was left of it, since the place and everyone present had completely disappeared, leaving only the sight of a large black blur as a reminder.
 
Yuri slowly opened her eyes, afraid to face Hyoyeon, but unfortunately she couldn't cover her ears:

— I can't believe what I just saw! You sleeping on my face, when you haven't even finished writing the first chapter.

— I know, I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter