ONYX-COLORED EYES

Blue Beetle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The icy water coming from the half-stalled faucet in the ladies' room soaked into the stained shirt of an explosive Stephanie Hwang until it was all wet and grimy, much like the old rag she used to wipe down on her apartment floor on cleaning days. No wonder the redhead was possessed, rubbing the area with a brutal intensity that made her fingers turn scarlet. Such fury was equally present in her thoughts.  "I swear if anyone screws with me again today, I'll kill them and make this person come back to life to kill again! It's not enough that I have to put up with a stylist who apparently doesn't know how a cell phone works in the 21st century, and have an assistant who is good at everything but not to helping me with my work, I still get my clothes destroyed? This is already an affront to my person, even persecution."

With a long sigh of indignation, Tiffany began to crumple cruelly the paper towels that were used in the ultimate task, crushing every bit until they turned into mere lint. "Why sir? Why? I work like a slave, pay my day to day bills, clean the house until everything is in mint condition...''  A weak knock interrupted the countless laments that Tiffany was exhausting in her musings, something that transformed her angry and disgruntled expression into pure curiosity about the identity of who might be behind the door.     

Thus, it was not strange to note how drastically her behavior changed as she approached the white PVC door, illuminated by the bright light of that cramped bathroom. Besides being compressed, the space was almost as stuffy as a sauna, bathing Tiffany's body in a sticky, persistent sweat that caused her skin to itch uncomfortably. She had to push her black glasses closer to her eyes every second, such was the slide they made on her nose. To make matters worse, when she finally grabbed the doorknob, a loud rumble was emitted from her stomach, as if to make her more ashamed of her sloppy state.  "Come on, I can do it. Just open it and go once. No stress. It doesn't matter if you look absolutely awful, Tiffany, it's a fatal mistake to keep someone tight for pee waiting. Yuri has proven that to me very well."

But at the sound of another low noise outside, the redhead chickened out completely. Distressed, she hurriedly threw the entire stack of used papers into the wastebasket. Halfway there, she unfortunately ended up seeing her reflection in the mirror, an image that completely paralyzed her. It was unbelievable how eye-catching that disgusting brownish blotch had become on her blouse, something that demonstrated her inability to take care of her own unacceptably messy and abominable appearance. "Why just coffee of all possible drinks? This place doesn't sell chicken or, I don't know, grape juice and beer..., but coffee? Who in their right mind would want to mix fried food with this... this ugly, bitter stuff? I swear I'll kill the genius who had the bright idea to put that on the menu."   These were the complaints that echoed in her head when she finally decided to open the door with a more than an angry tug. It didn't take long for Tiffany to regret acting so abruptly when she found herself face to face with the person responsible for the whole mess. Her face immediately became the target of the hot breath that accompanied the blonde girl's curled words as soon as she finally began to speak. 

— I-I-I-never-wouldn't.... — Said Taeyeon nervously as she tried to keep her immense dark eyes away from Tiffany's frightening image. The position of her legs alternated constantly, due to the fatigue she felt from standing on duty and the extreme awkwardness of the situation. She also hid her trembling hands in the short pockets that adorned her dirty apron while breathing large amounts of air with difficulty. — Sorry again.

Seeing these curious details from a small distance, the redhead tried to keep her composure as best she could do under those strange and certainly embarrassing conditions. So she decided to start a conversation with Kim Taeyeon. If it were up to the stuttering, stilted speech of this waitress alone, they would stay in the bathroom for an eternity until Tiffany died of starvation. 

— Relax, it's all right. There's no need to fret about it. — Without knowing why, she found herself Taeyeon's shoulder in a very slow and careful way, as if she wanted to prolong this gesture as much as possible. Maybe acting this way was related to all that anxiety the girl kept showing, something that seemed to have aroused Tiffany's primal need to calm her down. — And, let's be honest here, you aren't even to blame for this. It was me who didn't look ahead and bumped into you. 

— But, but... — In her haste and desperation to corr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter