succubus & incubus

IN A HEARTBEAT ⋮ nomin

The next day a succubus herself visits Jeno. He's lucky that it happens when Renjun is out of the room. Because Jeno has a very bad experience with demons and Renjun talking to him at the same time and he hears neither of them.

Anyway, the demon is pretty which makes Jeno think that she had to achieve something. Or at least get some interesting information.

But the way she has her wings down tells the half-demon that there were complications.

"Did he even see you?" Jeno asks before she can even speak.

"He did and he asked me to leave."

"Did you leave?"

"No, I told him who I am."

"And?"

"He still told me to leave."

"I bet he didn't believe you."

"I tried to use my power then, but..."

"But?"

"It didn't work. The human just stared at me and didn't react."

Now Jeno wants to laugh. Out of desperation or unexpectedness, he doesn't know. You see, he believed that the succubus demon would definitely make Jaemin lust. He was even scared that it could happen against the human's will.

But now that he hears the youngest succubus sharing what had happened, Jeno can't help but think that Jaemin is a very determined human. Not even seduction by an actual demon works on him.

"What about an incubus?"

The demon tilts her head.

"But the human is a man."

Jeno clicks his tongue. All these demons he has seen throughout his life are so old-fashioned. They don't know that humanity is changing.

"Some men need incubus, trust me."

"Then... Should I send one tonight?"

"Definitely."

"Jeno! Look who I've brought with me!"

The half-demon looks away from his notes to the doorway where Renjun stands with Jaemin. Jeno wants to smile and greet the guest, but instead, he just stares at them.

There are more than two individuals there as Jeno is pretty sure he's seeing the incubus next to Jaemin. Why is the demon out here in the bright daylight?

"Won't you greet him?" Renjun laughs, snapping Jeno back to the human world for a second.

"Right! Hello, Jaemin."

"Hi," the blue-haired guy waves at him.

Renjun then asks Jaemin to get comfortable and offers him some snacks. The boy gladly accepts it as he has a carton cup of coffee in his hand which will match well with a cookie.

"We rarely see each other but whenever we do, I always see you drinking coffee," Jeno points out.

"I'm an addict," Jaemin laughs. "Just guess how many..." he pauses and flinches all of sudden just as the demon walks across the room. The boy's eyes follow after the creature. Because of that Jeno knows that Jaemin is seeing the incubus.

"How many shots do you prefer?" Jeno helps the boy out.

"Yeah," Jaemin shifts his eyes back at Jeno. "Can you guess?"

"Three?"

"Three is a noob thing. Five."

"Is that okay for your health?" Jeno furrows his eyebrows. If he had drunk that much, his heart rate would jump to the highest!

"Of course, it's not. But when I get all five of them at the same time, I feel alive."

Jaemin turns at Renjun, perhaps, waiting for his snacks. So does Jeno. They both see how Renjun admires their conversation and freaks out when they look at him so suddenly. He starts doing stuff in a rush and soon runs to Jaemin with cookies.

"Here! You should love these."

Jeno looks at the shape of the cookies and scoffs. They're chocolate hearts. Renjun sure has a thing for cute stuff.

"That's adorable," Jaemin gasps. "Where did you get them?"

"That's a secret," Renjun just smiles. "They're limited edition anyway."

Renjun then makes his way to Jeno with the box. Unlike Jaemin, the boy doesn't have a choice, though. Renjun picks a cookie himself and gives it to his roommate. Since Jeno doesn't care what he's getting as he eats everything, he easily takes what Renjun picked.

"I have a weird question for you guys," Jaemin speaks after a short pause and Jeno finds it funny how Renjun whips his head to the guest so enthusiastically.

"Yes, Jaemin?" he even purrs.

"We're not close or anything, so I might weird you out, but... Have you... Have you ever seen demons?"

Jeno chokes on the cookie, but luckily, his friend's loud laugh covers his reaction.

"I've never seen one," Renjun chuckles. "But that doesn't mean that they don't exist, right? I believe that aliens exist! The same for ghosts! And for all types of gods!"

"What about you?" Jaemin looks behind Renjun to see Jeno.

The half-demon shakes his head and tries not to look at the incubus who is right next to Jaemin.

"Do you?" Renjun carefully asks.

"I-I don't know," Jaemin says as he shrugs his shoulders, then even shakes his head. "Maybe I drank too much coffee."

"Oh my... Jaemin if that's the case, you should stop drinking so much. Hallucinations are bad."

"Yeah, I think I should..."

Jaemin is seemingly embarrassed. He doesn't look up for at least five minutes. Jeno takes the chance and motions for the incubus to leave. It's already clear as day that it doesn't work.

No person has ever been so calm when such a demon was around.