pretty eyes

IN A HEARTBEAT ⋮ nomin

Funny or not but Jeno has to google about aual people more. What he finds out scares him. Jaemin didn't lie! People like that exist.

It's not like Jeno is feeding off the lust he gets from humans, no, he's actually more like a human himself apart from his power to make someone taste lust all of sudden, at the wrong moments. But as a boy who's born with such power and has never lacked it himself, he's highly surprised how there are people who just don't have it and don't find it relatable.

Of course, there are lots of people with different preferences when it comes to love or... just fun. Some of them are very active, others, however, enjoy such things passively. Jeno knows that because his roommate is a passive one. He has never seen Renjun dating or hooking up with someone before, though the boy is the first one to match others up. But that's understandable. Renjun is like a symbol of innocence...

Not dating anyone and not getting involved in your personal ual cravings are two different things, though. Jaemin isn't just uninterested in other people ually, no, he made it clear that he doesn't have any desires at all even when it comes to his own pleasure. This fact is hard to grasp for Jeno.

He tries on to catch Jaemin around the campus to do more tricks on him. Jeno wants the human to finally find out what is lust but at the same time, he does that because he can't take that as defeat. Therefore he attempts different spells on the blue-haired boy. More intense too.

But nothing works again. Jeno realizes that his demon powers don't work on a person who has strong determination and beliefs about certain things.

It was always like this. Demons attack the weak, who are easy to control and possess, the strong will of a human works against them, though.

Jeno doesn't even need to walk into his room to smell the lustless scent. He goes inside pretending not to know a thing, however.

"Jeno! Jaemin will hang out with us for a while, okay?" Renjun chirps in his innocent tone.

"Alright," Jeno nods because what else can he say.

Jaemin is already inside anyway. And he looks like he doesn't plan on leaving as he has some photographs scattered on Renjun's bed, which makes Jeno think that he has just interrupted something very important.

"My hobby is photographing," Jaemin says all of sudden, perhaps, noticing Jeno catching interest.

"Nice. What's your favorite theme?"

"Life."

Jeno walks closer and sees that it is life. People walking there and there, lots of cars, buildings, a seagull on the rail and so on. All of the photos have lots of filters which make them more realistic than what the camera captures.

"It's great that Jeno came here because I need to leave real quick," Renjun smiles and only then does Jeno notice that his roommate is already near the door.

"Uh... Sure."

Renjun leaves and Jeno can't feel more awkward. He knows that the stupid questionnaire with weird questions is there to blame. Or maybe it's his introverted self.

"Take a look at this one."

Jeno turns back at Jaemin who now has his arm extended with a photo. The black-haired boy takes it with curiosity but it vanishes just as he looks at the photo more clearly.

"What is that?"

"Human heart from up close."

"Ew."

Jeno grimaces and gives the photo back to Jaemin. The latter laughs but takes it back.

"It's not that gross. Your heart looks the same."

"It still makes me uncomfortable. I hate it."

"And I love this photo. It's mysterious but at the same time very realistic," Jaemin comments, also looking at his photo or more like a masterpiece. "Glad I took it," he adds as he finally looks away.

Jaemin reaches for another photo. It's his eyes. Jeno compares the photo with reality and can't help but think that the pure human has very beautiful eyes.

"You have pretty long eyelashes," he says, instead. Maybe because he's too embarrassed to say the truth to someone he barely knows.

"I know," Jaemin flashes a smile as he looks up at Jeno. "My mother says it's my charm, but I doubt it."

"No, but for real."

"Your lashes are long too," Jaemin notes and Jeno can feel how the human focuses his vision on his eyes. "Maybe even longer than mine."

The blue-haired boy breaks eye contact as he reaches for his bag. Jeno watches how Jaemin takes out his camera and freezes.

"Can I take a photo of your eyes?" he asks and lifts the camera to his eye.

"Uh... I don't think so."

Jeno has a bad experience with photos. Whenever someone takes one of him, it's always blurry around his figure. As if he has two souls that are trying to escape his body.

"Why? Are you not photogenic?" Jaemin chuckles but lowers his camera.

"I guess so... I don't look good in photos."

"But it's only eyes that I want to capture."

Even worse. Jeno's eyes from up close sometimes look red. Renjun had already noticed that and the half-demon guy had to lie that it was because of the lightning.

"Okay, I won't force you, but now that you do have pretty eyes too."