the demon's nightmare

IN A HEARTBEAT ⋮ nomin

"How was your da– I mean time together? Did you like Jaemin's photos?"

Jeno almost forgot that Renjun was the one who let Jaemin inside their room. It has been like three hours since he has last seen this boy. All this time Jeno was the one speaking to Jaemin and he even walked him out.

"It was interesting," he replies but instantly turns it to Renjun. "Where have you been, though? You had a guest over and left him with me."

"Something urgent happened. I couldn't miss it."

Jeno nods although he still thinks that Renjun was a bit rude for leaving two strangers alone.

"Jaemin is a very nice guy," Renjun says all of sudden.

"I've noticed it too. He sure is."

"He should have more friends. He's a caring type."

"Sometimes a small group of friends is better, don't you think?"

"Yes, of course. But I feel like Jaemin needs it a little bigger."

"Maybe," Jeno shrugs.

Renjun stays silent, though, Jeno feels this weird energy from him which makes him believe that there is a lot of left unspoken.

Jeno unintentionally meets Jaemin at the library.

He does think about this human and his lack of lust a lot but that happened on accident for real. Jeno doesn't know that Jaemin is around until he accidentally bumps into the male.

"Sorry!" Jeno begins bowing as he not only bumped into Jaemin but also pushed him a little too hard.

"No biggie," Jaemin whispers as he walks away rubbing his shoulder.

Jeno scoffs at him for lying as it's obvious that it hurt. It has to. Jeno has a very hard type of body. He has more muscles than fat.

Their ways separate for a short period as they roam around the shelves, each one for a different reason. They meet again when they walk to the desks, though. Jeno sees that Jaemin looks for a quiet place and even knows that the human gets disappointed by his body language.

The boy walks to the desk that has like five people, which is lesser than other desks at least. Jeno walks to the one in front of Jaemin. He doesn't know why, he just feels like he needs to. And because of that, he can hardly focus as his eyes always travel to the blue-haired boy to get a reaction from him.

He has no clue why he's still trying. Jaemin seems to have a shield that protects him from Jeno's spells. A shield that doesn't crack. No matter how hard Jeno snaps his fingers, Jaemin sits there like it's nothing. He never looks up and has his eyes on his textbooks.

Just as Jaemin moves a bit, Jeno locks his eyes on him. The medical student is seemingly uncomfortable which makes Jeno narrow his eyes and look at the people around the human.

He catches right away that one girl who sits next to Jaemin is touching his thigh. Although Jeno feels like he's witnessing ual harassment, he does nothing but stare at how Jaemin reacts.

And the reactions of this boy come out negative. He grabs the girl's hand and pushes it away. Glares right after. Jeno sees that the girl gets surprised though the way she was harassing Jaemin just now was bad one way or another.

Anyway, Jaemin starts collecting his books and soon leaves. It's enough for Jeno to know that this boy's day was ruined just because of some girl creep at the library.

"Father, I know the answer to the question I first raised."

Jeno looks up at the demon on the bench. He's kind of relieved that there are no people around as he might appear weird by kneeling in front of an empty bench.

The demon blinks with his eight eyes. Jeno takes that as an encouragement to continue.

"The human is aual. It means that he doesn't feel any ual attraction toward people. No lust."

"It can't be."

Asmodeus, the demon of lust, is terrified.

"It can. Humans are way different now."

"Does he believe in God?"

"I don't know. I never asked," Jeno frowns in confusion as he doesn't know why God is drawn into this in the first place.

"Tell me his name and I'll send succubus to him. If he doesn't find it in humans, he shall experience it with demons!"

"What? Don't succubuses kill men after they use them?"

A woman passed by, making Jeno embarrassed. Not only does she look at him with wide eyes, but she also picks her pace to leave the area faster.

Jeno hates when that happens. Should he speak Latin if he doesn't want people to know what he's talking about? But no matter what language he speaks, he's still talking to an invisible person...

"They do. That's their aim."

"I don't want to get him killed, though. He's a nice guy. Also, it's a non-consensual thing, in my opinion. No succubus will stop even if they're asked to."

"Men never succubuses ask to stop."

"They get hypnotized. They don't have a choice."

Asmodeus stays silent. Jeno knows that his Korean words are limited.

"I can send a young succubus, a weak one."

"How old is the young one?" Jeno asks politely but, actually, he finds it funny that the youngest can be thousand years old.

"Thousand years old," the demon says and Jeno can help but scoff.

"Okay, and what would she do?"

"Seduce him."

"Just seduce, right? And if it doesn't work, she leaves."

"Alright," the demon nods although it's obvious that he's unsatisfied.

Asmodeus must be way more frustrated that there's a human who doesn't give in to lust. He's the actual demon. Because Jeno is only a half-demon and he finds it upsetting.