nine

Love me, love me not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



 

Baekhyun’s palms were sweating. He didn’t know why calling Chanyeol felt like such a hard task but for some reason, it just did. It was Friday morning and he had been awake for some time now, thanks to the messed up sleep schedule he attained while he was sick. 

 

They had already made plans to meet over the weekend. Chanyeol had delivered amazing news for Baekhyun; one of his friends was looking for an apartment. Chanyeol had diligently recommended Baekhyun’s place and they decided to meet on the upcoming Sunday for lunch. However, it has been three days since Baekhyun last saw Chanyeol and after clinging to the taller for the whole day, he missed having his scent to smell whenever his nose was unblocked from the cold. Just how had he not realized how good Chanyeol smelled before?

 

Now though, Baekhyun was doing much better. July was finally approaching and it was bringing the monsoon along with it. Baekhyun has always been weak to weather changes but it has never affected him to such a great extent. That cold was the worst one he has had in his entire life, staying on bedrest for a week straight was terrible. That too, after just finishing his finals and starting the break.

 

Back to his current state, Baekhyun’s heart was thumping fast inside his chest. What are you so afraid of, Baek? It’s just the tall dork. Worst case scenario, he will reject you, so what?

 

But it wasn’t so easy when Chanyeol picked up his call and suddenly, Baekhyun found his throat running dry when he heard his voice from the other side. It seemed like Chanyeol had just woken up.

 

“Hello?” Baekhyun was almost in a trance, trying to find words to speak that made sense. “B-Baek…? It’s eight in the morning, are you okay?”

 

Baekhyun swore Chanyeol’s voice was not that deep, ever before. As if his brain hadn’t already short circuited, Chanyeol had to go ahead and say his name like that. He found his cheeks burning up when the other kept repeating his name over and over as if he was chanting- no worshiping him.

 

“S-Shut up, Park.” Baekhyun finally found his voice, blushing from his neck to face. “I was just- just doing something.”

 

“Don’t give me an attitude so early in the morning,” He heard Chanyeol groan from the other side.

 

“You’re the one with an attitude problem. Get over yourself!” Why am I being a to him? He didn’t even do anything.

 

There was a beat of silence before Chanyeol spoke, “If you’re done then I’d like to go back to sleep now.”

 

“N-No, no, wait!” Baekhyun you’re an idiot, now you’ve made him upset for no reason! “D-Do you wanna hang out after lunch on Sunday?”

 

“You’re calling me at eight in the morning to ask me if we can hang out after lunch?” Chanyeol’s voice came with a hint of incredulity.

 

“Y-Yeah, I kind of wanted to check out this new arcade that opened on the other side of town and Jongdae is going back home for a week, also Minseok Hyung isn’t back yet either and I have no one else so I just wanted to ask if you would want to come and it’s completely fine if you can’t too, but you mentioned you like games so I thought maybe you would want to come, you know, but again, there is no pressure I could go with Jongdae some other time but I just had the weekend free-”

 

“Oh, my god, Byun Baekhyun, yes. Yes, I will come with you. Now please, put an end to that sentence.” Chanyeol abruptly interrupted his speech and Baekhyun found himself letting out a breath… of relief.

 

“Sorry for waking you up… and being a .” He mumbled, nibbling on his fingertips in nervousness. Seriously, get your together, Baek!

 

It sounded like Chanyeol had softly chuckled and it made something move inside of Baekhyun’s heart. “You know, you could’ve texted or did you think it was too important?”

 

“I just wanted to hear your voice- I mean, annoying voice!” Baekhyun doesn’t know what was the use of catching himself mid-sentence but now he found himself wanting the earth to swallow him whole. “I haven’t seen you in a week. Besides, I’m bored.”

 

“Byun Baek, I came over four days ago.”

 

“I don’t see your point, that’s almost a week!” Baekhyun refuted as if his life was on the line but inside, he was dying with embarrassment. Why did it feel like it’s been over a week? “Now, if you’l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter