four

Love me, love me not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun was just getting out of the bathroom after a late afternoon shower when his phone buzzed. He picked it up as his hands worked on rubbing the towel through his wet hair. It's a text from an unknown number and Baekhyun doesn't have to think before he realizes it must be Chanyeol.

 

'Meet me at the cafe near campus in an hour' 

 

'why?' Baekhyun typed back.

 

He noticed Chanyeol was already typing when he sat on the bed, 'Im bored'

 

'and?'

 

'I dont have anyone else who wants to make it up to me.' Comes Chanyeol's reply and it shuts Baekhyun up. It's not like Baekhyun doesn't want to apologize to the other for his behavior and start being civil with him, it's just that Baekhyun still finds Chanyeol sort of, maybe, just a little, annoying.

 

What is up with him throwing his hands around and slapping something or someone when he laughs loudly? Don't even get Baekhyun started on his voice, why the hell is it so deep anyway? This wasn't a competition to see who could do the best Morgan Freeman's voice impression. Every time he saw Chanyeol around, he was acting like the coolest er on the planet Earth, as if he owned the world or something. He was always laughing or grinning, there were only days when Baekhyun would pull something on him that the other would put on that frown on his handsome– UGLY face. The one that Baekhyun has unwillingly memorized after seeing it so many times. Chanyeol would press his lips shut together, and the only dimple that would appear on his face was because of hatred, not out of happiness.

 

Alas, Baekhyun has no choice but to show up where Chanyeol asked him to come. He's wearing ripped jeans again and his pink hair is hidden under a beanie. He spots Chanyeol sitting by one of the windows, in a black tee and a cap covering his head. He looks like he's come to assassinate someone and Baekhyun thinks it might just be him.

 

He silently takes a seat in front of him and Chanyeol finally looks up from his phone to meet his eyes, "You're ten minutes late." He lets Baekhyun know.

 

"Does it matter?" Baekhyun replies, deciding on what he should order since he's already here. His lecture is in two hours so he still has time.

 

"You're never late for your class." Chanyeol elaborates, which makes Baekhyun even more confused now. It is true. Baekhyun leaves an hour early to get to his class on time, but why does this idiot keep tabs on his class schedule?

 

"I showed up. Is that not enough for you? Why did you call me here anyways?" Baekhyun asks as Chanyeol keeps staring at his face as if he had grown another head that he has to memorize.

 

"Oh, so I'm an exception to the punctual Byun Baek." Chanyeol nods his head and rests his chin on the palm of his hand, still not taking his eyes off of Baekhyun, "I see, well, my friends are preoccupied and I don't have practice until an hour. I thought maybe you'd make it up to me by showing up on time but that's clearly not the case."

 

"You'd forgive me that easily?" Baekhyun is surprised but then he grins with his teeth showing. He actually feels like he's floating with the clouds. Who would have thought Chanyeol was not as bad as Baekhyun painted him out to be in his head? To be honest, when Chanyeol proposed the whole deal, Baekhyun thought he would definitely make him do something embarrassing.

 

"Too bad, I changed my mind." Chanyeol let a hint of a smile show on his face and sipped on the drink in front of him, "Maybe if you had shown up on time..."

 

"You should've told me that before!" Baekhyun whines, he can't believe he lost the opportunity to get off easily.

 

"I did tell you. You probably didn't take it seriously." Chanyeol shrugs.

 

Baekhyun just sighs and admits defeat. He's mentally exhausted. After crying over Jongin, he'd eaten one too many boxes of pizzas in the past few days. Not only has that affected his diet but also, his sleep schedule. Oh yes, according to Baekhyun Pizzas were the key to getting over a heartbreak. That has actually helped a lot since he had a lot of academic requirements to fulfill, like a presentation to prepare which was due today.

 

After Baekhyun orders a strawberry crème Frappuccino, there is dead silence between the two. Chanyeol sips on his own drink that he ordered for the second time and Baekhyun is trying not to worry about his presentation as he tries to drink his. Aside from the worry about his class, he's starting to feel awkward about this whole situation. What do they even talk about? Why did Chanyeol even call him to hang out? He's sure Chanyeol would've been less bored if he was alone than he was now. They couldn't even use their phones because that would definitely be rude. He almost laughs at his own thoughts; since when was he worried about being rude to Chanyeol?

 

"You know what, this is too awkward." Baekhyun looks up from his drink and speaks. His gaze meets Chanyeol's again and somehow that makes him feel something that he can't name, "Seriously, I still can't look at you without feeling an irrational amount of hatred. I should just leave, let's pretend this never happened."

 

"We can work on that! Just stay, please, I'm really bored." Chanyeol requests and Baekhyun sighs but complies.

 

"So, your plan of revenge was to humiliate me in front of everyone?" Chanyeol starts after a minute, and Baekhyun knows he's definitely teasing him, "How was that going to change my feelings for Jongin?"

 

"That's it, I'm leaving." Baekhyun starts to get up but Chanyeol places his hand on his wrist. He looks at Chanyeol's big brown eyes staring right into his soul with a huge grin on his face. The next second, Chanyeol lets his wrist go and Baekhyun is left staring at his ears which are now turning red.

 

"Just kidding. I'll even pay for your drink, okay?" Chanyeol tells him. Baekhyun doesn't care much for the drinks but he still sits down.

 

"As if buying me a drink would solve the problem," Baekhyun replies as he sips on his Frappuccino.

 

"Fine, then... I won't call your hair flamingo pink anymore!" Chanyeol announces.

 

"Really?!" Baekhyun is amazed as he grins again and his eyes light up.

 

"Wow, you actually seem happier about that." Chanyeol notices.

 

"Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to get them done cotton candy pink?!" Baekhyun questions, "I had to wait for a whole month on top of that! Yeah, apparently, not many people dye their hair cotton candy pink around here— which I do not understand why." Baekhyun continues pointing a finger at Chanyeol, "Then you had the audacity to disrespect it? Wow, I just remembered how furious I was that day. Honest to god, if Jongdae didn't show up, it would've been your nose and my pink head." He sighs and shakes his head as he finishes.

 

"And you thought it would be awkward..." Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun in amusement.

 

Baekhyun turns red at his comment, "You know what? You're still just as annoying. I don't even know why I came." He rolls his eyes.

 

"You came because you didn't w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter