seven

Love me, love me not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

If you ask Jongdae, Baekhyun was a happy-go-lucky kind of person… barely. Don’t get him wrong, he loves his best friend but he admits that Baekhyun would sometimes get a little too controlling. The fact that his finals were over and he still hadn’t found a roommate was driving him insane. He had a plan, you see, he thought he would find someone as soon as he was done with his finals but it has been almost a week now and he had no one that showed interest. So when Jongdae received a call from his best friend all but crying from the other end, it made him pity the other guy. It was hard for Baekhyun to sleep in an empty apartment, that’s why he and Minseok let Baekhyun sleep over sometimes but Jongdae had his last final tomorrow and Minseok was visiting his family in Daejeon.

 

“I am going to die like this. Alone. In this empty, empty apartment.” Baekhyun’s voice sounded devoid of any emotions. It was almost concerning because even when he was exaggerating things, there would be a hint of amusement in his voice.

 

“Just one more day, Baek,” Jongdae took a deep breath, “you can come stay with us as soon as I’m out of the exam hall.”

 

Baekhyun didn’t want to worry his friend, really, but he hadn’t slept properly in almost a month and he couldn’t even go to the library anymore. He is tired of feeling so helpless, what is so wrong with living alone? Why couldn’t he just be normal for once and feel peaceful in the silence? He had questioned his mother once if it was a trauma response to something he didn’t remember anymore but his mother just shook her head and denied it. He wouldn’t be surprised if she was lying, to be honest, Baekhyun knew his father’s behavior was questionable at times.

 

“Just make sure to take the medicine on time. Did you eat something?” Jongdae asks, his voice laced with concern.

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun rolled on his bed, the emptiness was starting to take toll on him once again. Jongdae came to visit him yesterday to drop some food and found him running a fever and cold. He stayed with Baekhyun the whole day but he had to leave in the morning to tend to his studies after all. “Don’t worry. I’ll live to see you tomorrow.”

 

Jongdae took another deep breath from the other side, Baekhyun knew his best friend was shaking his head at him. “Take care, Baek. Call me if you need anything.”

 

With that, the line was dead. Silence engulfed Baekhyun as he picked up some tissues to wipe his nose and cough. His fever was definitely getting worse because he refused to sleep. The medicinal dose could only make him sleep for a couple hours and it was nothing compared to the sleep that he should be getting after missing it for weeks. His phone buzzed again, this time with a text.

 

‘Are u awake?’ Chanyeol’s name popped on the screen.

 

‘what do u think’ Baekhyun replied.

 

His phone started to ring suddenly and he saw Chanyeol’s name (Yoda) on the screen with his annoying dimpled smile. Baekhyun quickly cleared his throat, he doesn’t know why. It’s not like it would help him sound less sick.

 

“Hey,” He spoke into the phone.

 

“Baek, um, could you come down?” Chanyeol spoke from the other side.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. There is no way Chanyeol is here for him, right? He can’t possibly just show up without any notice. His place was a mess, he was a mess! He was sick for God’s sake!

 

“W-why?” Baekhyun stuttered like an idiot, blood rushing to his cheek. As if he wasn’t already red from the fever, here comes Park Chanyeol to make things worse.

 

“I’m here… and I don’t know where your apartment is.”

 

“What are you talking about? You were here just a week ago, how can you forget?”

 

“Just come and get me, please… I don’t know where I am.” Chanyeol almost sounded scared like he was really lost. It made Baekhyun worry but also confused.

 

“I’ll be right there. Don’t move.”

 

With great effort, Baekhyun managed to put on a sweatshirt since it had been raining all day and it was colder outside. His body still felt as if he had been lifting rocks all day, his head a lot heavier than he remembered. Still, Baekhyun took the elevator to go downstairs, trying to fix his unruly hair in the mirror before he walked out to search for Chanyeol.

 

He couldn’t find him anywhere in the lobby so he walked outside but there was no Chanyeol in sight. Could it be that he was fooling Baekhyun? He wouldn’t do something like that to him, would he? Baekhyun liked to think that he knew Chanyeol by now and there is no way that he could do something so evil.

 

Just to make sure, Baekhyun walked towards the si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter