Patient Intros

Hotel Euthanasia

“What is this?” Jiyeong questioned as she stared at the beige envelope in her hands. ‘Miss Jang Jiyeong’ and ‘Hotel Lively’ were the only things printed on the plain, yet mesmerizing envelope.  “Probably just some junk mail.” Jiyeong scoffed as she shoved the envelope in her back pocket as she continued to walk to class.

“Jiji,”

Jiyeong turned her head slightly to see one of her friends running up to her. “Hey, Min,” she smiled, “you look happy today.”

Min struggled to catch her breath as she was jumping in excitement. “You bet your pretty face I’m excited!” Min grabbed Jiyeong’s wrists and began jumping up and down, “I get to produce a song on Miss A’s new album!”

 “Seriously? Congratulations!” Jiyeong said as she jumped with her best friend, “That means you’re going to miss a lot more school, huh?”

Min linked her arm with Jiyeong and the two started to walk towards the school, “Ever since Miss A debuted, I’ve always missed a lot of school.”

“Yeah, but I always miss you when you’re gone.” Jiyeong pouted like a child.

“Aigo, you miss a lot of school, too!” Min scolded as she flicked Jiyeong’s forehead, “You shouldn’t complain about me missing school!”

Jiyeong unlinked her arm and covered her forehead, “Min!” she whined, “You know that hurts!”

“Such a baby,” Min said which caused Jiyeong to stick her tongue out. “Let’s hurry and get to class before we’re late.”

The two reached their Fundamentals of Music class and took a seat in the middle section of the auditorium.

“So what have you been doing lately?” Min asked Jiyeong as she pulled out her notebook. Jiyeong raised her eyebrow. “I haven’t seen you in two weeks, so I’m curious as what the childish Jiyeong does when I’m not around. Even though I’m your best friend, you could be a serial killer behind the scenes or something like that.”

‘I doubt you’d think drug dealing is childish.’ Jiyeong smiled, “I’ve been fine; busy with school and tutoring English.”

“Oh, meet any cute guys yet?” Min asked as she smiled mischievously.

“Min, the kids I tutor are in middle school.”

Min scowled as Jiyeong laughed at her reaction. Before Min could say anything else, the music professor walked in.

“Class, I’d like you all to meet our guest speakers for today.” He announced as he motioned to the older looking couple next to him. “This is Mr. and Mrs. Jang; they own a successful company in America, and although this is a music course and not a business one, I thought it would be useful to hear tips on how to own a company.”

“Good morning, students.” Mr. Jang greeted, “We will be here for three weeks to help guide you through the process of owning a company, or being employed in one.”

Jiyeong looked at the couple and froze in her seat. ‘W-What are they doing here?’  She thought as she felt herself breaking out in cold sweat.

Min noticed how Jiyeong looked uneasy and gently shook her shoulder, “Jiji, are you okay?”

“I-I have to leave,” Jiyeong whispered as she got out of her seat and rushed out the doors.

Behind her were the calls of her professor and Min that were blended together with the murmurs of the students.

Jiyeong took a seat on the stone bench that was conveniently in front of her university, “What are they doing here?” she asked herself as she let out a loud sigh.

As Jiyeong shifted her body, she noticed the odd feeling on her bottom. When she reached to feel it, she remembered that it was the envelope from earlier. Taking it out, she finally read the contents of the letter.

---

Huff, huff, huff. Airi went as she finally reached her apartment complex. She pulled her iPod out of her pocket as she lowered the volume her music and looked at the time. ‘Five minutes early this time.’

Airi smiled in satisfaction as she walked into the building. “Airi-ah, you’re on another run?” One of the older tenants asked as she was on her way out.

“Yes, ajhumma.” Airi replied with a small smile.

“I always see you out running so early in the morning; if only my grandson could be as active as you and not spend his day at home sleeping and playing games.”

Airi let out a soft giggle as she bowed to the woman and parted ways. After leaving the elevator and entering her neat, spacious two bedroom apartment, she headed straight towards her bathroom. Stripping her workout clothes off and entering the shower, she shuddered from the cold water that engulfed her body.

After cleaning her body, she reached out for a towel to dry her body. Wrapping the towel around her body, she walked out and into her room to look for a change of clothes. ‘What should I wear today?’ Airi pondered as she looked through her closet.

Knowing she would be stripped down into another set of clothes for the photo shoot, she decided on light blue jean shorts with a black and white polka dotted chiffon tank top that was paired with a black fitted blazer.

‘Apeudago malhamyeon jeongmal apeul geot gataseo’ went her phone from the living room. Airi put her feet into her slippers again before leaving her room to answer her phone. “Hello?”

“Airi, are you ready to go?” Airi’s manager asked over the phone. Her voice sounded groggy as if she had just woken up.

“Yes,” Airi looked at the clock that was on the wall. 5:53 A.M.

“I know I’m supposed to pick you up at 6, but I just woke up, so I’ll probably be there around 6:30 or 7, okay?”

“Okay.” Airi responded before she hung up and placed her phone back onto the glass coffee table.

Airi walked into her kitchen and pulled out a bowl and milk for cereal. ‘I need to go and buy some more cereal later.’ Airi told herself as she noticed that her box of cereal was almost empty.

Airi ate her breakfast slowly in order to kill some time before her manager came to pick her up. About an hour later, she finally arrived. ‘She wasn’t kidding when she said she’d come at 7.’

“Sorry I’m late,” her manager apologized as Airi opened her door. “Are you ready to go?”

Airi nodded her head and made sure she had everything in her purse before she left. ‘I forgot!’ Airi remembered one of the most important things. She ran back into her kitchen to grab the bottle of pills in her cabinet. She opened the bottle and placed one pill onto her tongue as she went to go take a drink of water.

“Airi, do you need me to refill your prescription?” Manager Kim asked as Airi nodded yes. “I’ll do it as soon as we’re done with the shoot.”

As they left Airi’s apartment, Airi noticed an envelope in her mailbox. ‘They never deliver the mail this early.’

“Airi, are you coming?”

Following her manager with the envelope in hand, she took a seat in Manager Kim’s car. “They deliver mail this early?”

Airi shrugged and opened the beige envelope and read its contents.

---

“Grandma,” Annabelle called out as she walked through the door of her grandmother’s house. “Where are you?”

“I’m in here, Belle!” She called out from the kitchen. When Annabelle walked into the kitchen to find her grandmother busy cooking dinner, Annabelle went behind her for a hug. “Aiyah, you scared me!” Her grandmother exclaimed.

Annabelle laughed as she stole one of the carrots off the cutting board and popping it into . “What are you making?”

“Your favorite fried rice!” She chimed as she chopped the remaining carrots in dices. “How was work today?”

“Irritating.” Annabelle groaned. “My students don’t take dancing seriously! They think that just because they were admitted into one of the most prestigious dance academies, they don’t need to practice! And the teachers, oh, don’t get me started on the teachers. They don’t take me seriously enough! They think that just because they’re older than me by ten years, they are more experienced and better than I am.”

Her grandmother laughed, “Sounds like you have to work with tiring people.” She said as she started putting the ingredients into the wok.

“It’s so tiring!” Annabelle whined. “Sometimes I wonder about how some of the students were accepted; some can’t even walk in a straight line without tripping on their own feet!”

“And the teachers?”

“Ugh,” she groaned, “some of these teachers are horrible! You know Mr. Liang, right? The short, pudgy teacher with the receding hairline? Yeah, I asked him to dance for us at the student auditions because he was criticizing my decisions on students, and he totally got mad at me! Excuse him, but if that wasn’t a confession of ‘I don’t know how to dance’, I don’t know what it! I heard that the only reason as to why he’s a teacher is that his great-great-great uncle was the creator of the school.”

“It seems like my baby had a rough time today at work,” Grandma said as she plated the hot fried rice, “but I have the special ‘Grandma Wei Mi’s fried rice’ for you tonight!”

Annabelle smiled widely as she gleefully walked to the dining table and took a seat. “I can’t wait to eat it!” She exclaimed as Grandma placed the plate in front of her. As soon as it was in her reach, Annabelle grabbed her spoon and began digging it. “Ish shoo gud!”

“Eat slowly,” Grandma chuckled, “I don’t want you choking.”

“Belle,” Grandma said after the silence that was caused from Annabelle being totally immersed in her food. “I’m going to Spain.”

Annabelle froze and looked up at her now serious grandmother. “W-what?”

“I’m going to Spain,” she repeated. “For two months.”

“What are you talking about? Why Spain? Why there all of a sudden?” Annabelle asked in a harsh, strong tone as she dropped her spoon on the table.

Grandma reached out to hold Annabelle’s hand. “Belle, I’m getting old and although I’m healthy now, anything could happen. I want to live my life right now and what else could I do? Traveling seems to best.”

“Why Spain, though? What about America? Japan? South Korea? Hell, Taiwan is better than Spain!” Annabelle stood up from her seat and stared down at her grandmother.

“I know you never want to be in that place again, so that why I’m going by myself.”

“Grandma…” Annabelle felt like tears were threatening to come out, but tried her best to keep it in. “I don’t want to deal with this right now.” With that, Annabelle turned around and walked into her room. ‘Spain?’

Annabelle went to her dresser to change into more comfortable clothes and her laptop. Mindlessly browsing through the internet, she didn’t notice the envelope that was neatly settled on her bed. “What is this?”

She walked up to her bed and picked up the envelope and examined it. “How did it get on my bed? Did Grandma put this here?”

---

“The atmosphere is rockin’!” Minhyuk exclaimed as he rocked to the beat of the music. “Noona, why don’t you ever start dancing with us?” He asked as he tried to speak over the loud music.

“Someone has to make sure everyone’s safe, right?” Sooyeon smiled as she poured another drink for one of the customers.

The small, cute café during the middle of the day transforms into a small, yet lively nightclub. Unlike most nightclubs where men and women go to find a hook up or people go to for drinks, this club has a limited amount of alcohol and drunkards are not welcome.

“Noona~” Dongwoo chimed as he skipped over to Sooyeon and Minhyuk, “Come and dance with me!”

Sooyeon smiled and waved her hands, “It’s okay; go and have fun with the others.”

Dongwoo pouted from the rejection and pulled the unsuspecting Minhyuk to go and dance to the intoxicating music.

“Choi Sooyeon-sshi?” A deep voice asked. “I’m Lee Jujin; the man you spoke on the phone earlier?”

Sooyeon nodded as she motioned for the man to follow her into a quiet space so the two could speak. “You were the one that wanted to rent the club?” Sooyeon asked as the two took a seat at a table.

“Yes, my daughter is turning 20 in two weeks and I’d like to throw her a huge party for her and her friends.”

Sooyeon eyed the man up and down, ‘He seems like a wealthy man… I don’t understand why he wants to throw a party at this place.’

“You see, I heard that there are idols that often work here and my daughter has been begging me for a party here.” Mr. Lee chuckled as he re-imagined his daughter’s actions.

“Mr. Lee, we rarely have people coming to us asking to rent this club for a night. You look very wealthy and I’m sure you and your daughter would rather rent a club in Hongdae where there would be enough room and alcohol for her and her friends.”

Mr. Lee was taking back by Sooyeon’s honesty and couldn’t find the words to speak back with her.

“We have limited alcohol and as soon as anyone acts out of line, we kick them out.” She continued. “Despite this place being a club, I’d rather have this place as a safe environment where people can come and have fun without worrying about being drugged and taken advantage of.”

Mr. Lee stood up and straightened his already straight tie, “Well, I guess I have already made a decision.” He cleared his throat, “Have a nice night, Miss Choi.”

Sooyeon walked back into the club scene when she was stopped by Amber. “Unnie, what happened?”

“Some man wanted to rent the club for his daughter’s birthday party.”

“Did you say yes?”

“No, the last thing I want is for her or her friends becoming drunk and trying to get lucky with you guys. You, your managers, your company, and I wouldn’t really appreciate scandals like that.”

Amber chuckled and wrapped her arms around Sooyeon’s shoulder, “You’re always so serious, unnie.”

Sooyeon smiled and the two walked to where Minhyuk was sitting. “Dongwoo is crazy!” Minhyuk groaned. “Why is he so energetic after being around Infinite all day?”

“Well, knowing that you come from Block B, it’s understandable that you’re so tired.” Amber laughed.

“Can I be with you and f(x)? You guys seem so calm and quiet; I need that for one day.” Minhyuk sighed. “Oh, I just remembered! Let me get Dongwoo before you tell her, okay?”

Minhyuk ran off leaving Sooyeon cluessless. “What is he talking about?”

“Nothing,” Amber smiled and sat Sooyeon down on one of the barstools. “Just wait a bit.”

The club was near closing, so by the time Minhyuk was able to bring Dongwoo off the dance floor, the club was emptied.

“Is there a reason why you’re all gathered around me?” Sooyeon asked.

“Noona, we all want to quit.” Dongwoo said as he wiped the seat from his forehead.

“What are you talking about?” Amber and Minhyuk asked as they slapped Dongwoo’s arms.

Amber pulled out an envelope and handed it to Sooyeon. “Happy birthday, unnie!” Sooyeon stared at Amber is confusion. “Don’t tell me you forgot that it was your birthday!”

“Aigo noona, you have been working too hard! It’s your birthday today! Well, since it’s already 1 A.M, it’s your birthday.” Dongwoo smiled with his signature gummy smile. “Noona, happy birthday!”

Minhyuk came out with a cake with 23 candles and slowly walked towards the small group. “Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Choi Sooyeon, happy birthday to you!”

Sooyeon smiled widely as she blew out the candles. “Ahh, you didn’t make a wish!” Dongwoo exclaimed.

Amber ignored Dongwoo and motioned for Sooyeon to read the letter. “We know you’ve been working too hard, so we got you a trip to a high class resort!” Sooyeon stared at the envelope before Amber broke. “Okay, so we didn’t really get this for you… We found it in your mail and we knew you’d throw it away, so we are here to tell you to take the vacation!”

“If you don’t take the trip, we’re going to quit working here!”

“Jang Dongwoo!”

---

“I’m not going on a vacation.” Minjung said as she crossed her arms.

“What do you mean you’re not going? I tried my best to let you go!” Woosung asked as he stared at his twin with disappointment.

“I’m busy with school and I don’t have any time to go anywhere.”

“Noona!” Woosung whined. “You’ve been so busy with school and work that it hurts when you come home late and wake up early to go to school all over again!”

“I’m not busy; if I was busy, I’d be stressed and stressed is the last thing I am.”

“Can you two not be so loud this early in the morning?” Their aunt asked as she walked into the kitchen. The atmosphere in the kitchen changed drastically the moment their aunt came in.

“Auntie Yun,” Woosung greeted as he bowed.  Aunt Yun ignored his greeting as she grabbed a banana and her keys.

“Don’t make a mess in my kitchen. I don’t want to come back from work to see all of your lying all over the place.”

“Woosung, you have class today, right?” Minjung asked her brother as she ignored their aunt. Woosung slowly nodded as he felt the atmosphere becoming even tenser.

“Don’t you dare ignore me in my household!” Aunt Yun yelled as she slammed her hands on the counter.

“If you don’t show any of us respect, why do we have to show you any of ours?” Minjung asked as she stared at Aunt Yun with a smile. “Treat others how you wanted to be treated.”

Aunt Yun gritted her teeth from anger, “I don’t understand why mother sent you two to live with me. As soon as you graduate, get the hell out of my house.”

“Gladly.”

Aunt Yun stormed out the house and slammed the front door. “Noona, what were you doing?” Woosung whined.

Minjung rolled her eyes and took a bite from her peanut butter sandwich. “Nothing,” she replied.

Woosung sighed, “You’re stressed whenever you and Auntie Yun see each other; you need to take this vacation.”

“The letter was addressed to you, right? If I take it, they’re going to reject me since my name isn’t Kwon Woosung.”

“And that is where you are wrong,” Woosung said with a victorious smile, “I called the hotel early and asked if they could change the reservation to your name!”

Minjung stared at her brother for thinking ahead, “Who even sent the invitation? What if it was fake?”

“If it was fake, do you think they would have changed it? You have to use your head.”

“I am going to hit you, okay?” She sighed, “If I take the trip that means you’re going to be here alone with the devil.”

Woosung smiled wider, “it’s okay! Auntie Yun doesn’t even talk to me, so I won’t have a problem with being alone with her.”

“Let me see the invitation,”

Woosung handed her the envelope and Minjung pulled out the card. It was a thick white card that had fancy writing you’d see at a huge CEO’s wedding. It had a strong smell of flowers which was odd because Woosung had gotten the letter a week ago. Nothing else was inside the envelope besides a plane ticket that was in Woosung’s name.

“They’re going to send another plane ticket, so don’t worry about it.” Woosung assured.

‘We would like to announce that you have been selected for an all-expense paid trip to Hotel Lively at the wonderful Jeju-do! Your plane ticket is scheduled for April 12, 2012 at 12 P.M. We would love to see you here and relax in our special and high-class amenities such a free bar, free spa, and free gym, as well as a priceless view of the beautiful Jeju. We hope to see you there.

-Hotel Lively’

====
Author’s Corner-
My goodness, you guys! So sorry that it’s been forever since I updated since I’ve been sooo busy with schoo… Hopefully this doesn’t seem too rushed and disorganized… I began writing this at 8PM and now it’s nearing 1AM, so I’ve spent about 5 hours writing & editing this. I think it’s obvious that I got really tired as soon it hit with the third part of the story. xD Many apologies! Do you all have a favorite now, or is it too soon?[: Oh, and this may sound a little selfish, but when I said that I didn’t mind people unsubscribing if they weren’t chosen, I didn’t expect to get so many unfollowers! I’m not upset, but more interested on why they did. Most of them were saying that they thought this was a nice plot, but as soon as they found out that they weren’t picked, they left. I kind of feel that some only want to be picked… But to those that stayed even though they weren’t chosen, I appreciate you all! Heck, I appreciate all of my subscribers! <3