Relic

Alternative to the Last

"So you've come...Kyuubi." the voice entered Naruto's consciousness. "I've been waiting for you." 

Naruto looked around.

He was suddenly standing in a village but it wasn't Konoha. There were buildings with a whirlpool emblem on them.People went about their businesses as is typical in a village.As he walked, he spotted a few of the townspeople with red hair.

"Hmm? Where am I?" he questioned.

Just up ahead he spotted a man standing in the middle of the road.He had hair as white as snow that fell over his shoulders in waves.When he saw Naruto he smirked and stretched his hand in his direction.

Suddenly beams were hurled towards Naruto.

He maneuvered his body to evade being hit.

The man darted away and he took off after him.

He was sure to keep him in sight as the man flitted from building to building.

"Wait! Stop!" he shouted after the figure.

The chase continued until they were out of the busy streets and at the outskirts of the village.

Just up ahead he could see the man. He was standing at the base of a flight of steps.

Naruto looked up. There seemed to be a tower of some sort atop the steps.

When he was sure Naruto had seen him, the man darted up the steps.

"Wait!" Naruto called after him again doing his best to close the gap between them.

Though there were quite a number of steps, they were at the top in no time.

The building was now very visible. It seemed to be some kind of shrine.

"You came Kyuubi." the man addressed Naruto when they were face to face again.

"Who are you? " Naruto questioned.

The man smiled at him. "You are my destiny"  the response came. "Come." The man beckoned before disappearing in the shrine.

Naruto followed suit, entering the building.

The beams were high and each pillar had the same whirlpool emblem.

Up ahead he could see a fire. It was faint at first but the closer he got, the more luminous it became.In time he could the images of people as the flames danced.They looked vaguely familiar. He inched closer and stretched his right hand towards the flame.His hand passed through but there was no burning sensation.

He tried to get a closer look at the people and then he realized.

It was him.

His body was on the ground, battered and bloodied.

She was kneeling beside him, her palms positioned on his chest, emitting a low green light. Her tears fell in droplets on his face.

"Naruto.." she wept. "You can't die. I won't let you die." she continued "I can't lose you.I can't lose you." The desperation climbed in her voice. "Naruto! Narutoooo!" she screamed.

"Sakura chan." he spoke to the flame.

He turned to the man.

"What is this?" 

"It's your fate" The man replied. "And my destiny"

"What are you talking about you bastard?" he barked at him

"You've finally returned to me and everything will be how it should have been.Your power will be mine."

"Like hell it will" he countered, clenching his fist and darting towards the man.

He attempted to punch him but the man was unexpectedly fast and parried his move. With lightning speed the man wove a few hand signs and hit Naruto in the chest.

It felt like the air was out of him.

"What the--" 

His body ...his body was fading and nothingness was rapidly engulfing him

"Dammit." he swore

"Don't resist Kyuubi. You will be a worthy sacrifice."

Everything went black.