Epilogue - Sasuke

Alternative to the Last

Sasuke walked down the hall, his footsteps echoing as he walked the dimly lit passageway.

"Sasuke. What a surprise." pale-faced Orochimaru greeted Sasuke in is usual raspy voice.

"Orochimaru." he greeted his former master.

"What brings you here?" Orochimaru asked.

"I need to talk to Karin." Sasuke replied

"She's in the lab." Orochimaru replied.

Without another word Sasuke leaves Orochimaru staring at his back while he made his way to the lab.

He found Karin poring over documents, her red hair looking ethereal in the glow of the lab.

"Karin." he called to get her attention

"Sasuke. What are you doing here?" she asked.

"How are you feeling?" he countered.

It had been a few months since they'd rescued her from the land of whirlpools.

"I'm fine." she replied

He stepped closer to her.

"Karin. We're not even." he told her

She looked at him quizzically.

"I tried to kill you once. I rescued you once so my debt is paid."

She laughed but she did not seem amused as she rolled up her sleeves to reveal the faint scars of bite marks on her arms

"Then how will you repay me for all the other times I saved you?"

Ignoring her question Sasuke spoke to her

"Thank you."

The words seemed to catch her off guard

She stuttered for a response.

He'd always been so cold towards her for most of their relationship. When they'd met, his heart was closed to love and was consumed by darkness and vengeance.It was during that time that he a lightning blade through her chest.

She'd sworn then that she was through with him. She wouldn't care about what happened to him but that was easier said than done.

Her escape from Konoha was possible during the Fourth Great Ninja War. When that ended things changed. They were no longer treated like criminals and she was able to come back to the labs with Orochimaru.

"Y- You're welcome." she finally managed to get out

He was about to leave when he turned suddenly

"And Karin?"

"Hm?"

"One more thing." he said.

He quickly closed the gap between them and planted a kiss on her lips.

With a smirk he left her standing speechless in the lab.