Playlist 04 - 97 (As Time Goes)

Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ha Sooyoung - Jeong Jinsol - Cho Haseul

 

 

A warm breath caressed Jinsol's neck, and she smiled at the touch. She took a step away from the bar. The crowded place was still buzzing with people celebrating the successful project. Between the gleaming street lamps on both sides of the way, Jinsol stopped to look up at the dark sky. The rain and hazy clouds had hidden the stars a few days ago. But, tonight looks to shine in the dark. The younger girl on her back begins humming in a faint, low tone. Jinsol could still hear the girl humming a song.

My Sea by IU.

“Would you like to go to the sea with me, Babe?” Her lips brushed against Jinsol's side of the neck as she murmured.

Jinsol nodded and smiled.

“Don't do anything that will only make me drop you off my back, Hon.” Jinsol tried to keep her head still as the other girl drew closer, and she felt the movement of the lips kissing her neck and jaw. She stopped to check the petite girl on her back, making sure she did not fall. Even if she didn't feel ticklish, Haseul moving around on her back would drain her before they get in the car.

“No, no, no. My Solie never does that. Solie loves me.” Haseul giggled and give another kiss on the jaw.

Jinsol took a deep breath, regretting that she had parked her car far away from the bar.

“Aren't you tired of carrying me on your back? Am I heavy, Babe?” Haseul asked in hushed tones that made Jinsol squirm. Cho Haseul can be the death of her. “You can put me down, and I'll walk to the car as long as you hug me.”

“Jeong Jinsol, my babe,” Jinsol felt the embrace tighten around her. The girl in her back was acting otherwise. Haseul asked Jinsol to put her down, but she hugged her even tighter. Clingy and adorable, typical Haseul.

“Jinsolie, I miss you,” Haseul sighed.

Jinsol laughed, picturing Haseul's lips pursed and her eyes closed as she said that. “I miss you as well, Hon. Now, sleep; I'll wake you up when we get home.”

Haseul shook her head and buried her face in the side of Jinsol's neck, inhaling the older ones' scent. The musk and jasmine scents around Jinsol feel so warm and comforting, just like the wearer. The scents made Haseul hug Jinsol even tighter.

It feels great. Jinsol always smells nice.

“Did you get a call from Kahei Unnie?” Despite her tiredness, Haseul would not let this opportunity pass her by. They've been busy with their work. Haseul has recently completed her project, but Jinsol is still working on several projects, and they rarely spend time together.

“Kahei Unnie was worried that something might happen to you on the way, so she called me to pick you up.” Haseul hummed and snuggled closer in response to Jinsol's answer. “How come you didn't tell me you were going to the gathering party tonight?”

Haseul murmured, “You're still working, and I don't want to bother you.”

“I always have time for you, Hon.”

Jinsol holds Haseul with one hand while the other reaches into her pocket for the keys and opens the passenger door. She put Haseul into the passenger seat and drew a seatbelt around her tiny frame. She sighed as she opened the back door and couldn't find the blanket she usually kept in the car. She forgot she had left the blanket in her office after spending the night there days before. She took her coat without hesitation to cover Haseul. When she was about to go to her seat, Haseul's wrapped her arms around Jinsol's neck, pulling Jinsol with a tight hug.

“Are you back to the office after you drop me at home?” Haseul asked softly. “It's dangerous to drive this late by yourself. Don't make me worry, and take a cab.”

Jinsol smiled in response. She drew her body away from Haseul's embrace, creating enough space to stare longingly into the sleepy brown eyes in front of her. Her fingers caressed Haseul's flushed cheeks before tucking her hair behind the ear. Her face softened as she realized the younger girl had not even asked her to stay with her. Even though she was drunk, Haseul expressed her concern. She understands the importance of the project Jinsol is currently working on. Even so, Jinsol felt that Haseul had forgotten one thing. Jinsol always has priority. The girl who is hugging her is a priority that can wash away all the projects that are currently stressing her out.

“I'll stay all night and cuddle you, Hon.”

Jinsol's words made Haseul's eyes blink, fighting her sleepiness. Jinsol could see the sparks and excitement in her gaze, which made her smile.

“Sleep, Hon. You'll get a headache if you force yourself to stay awake.” Jinsol caressed Haseul's cheek and kiss her lips before closing the door and walking around the car to take the wheel.

She laughed as she noticed Haseul curled up with her body facing her. She Haseul's hair to help her sleep. Her weary eyes make Haseul look like an adorable puppy who asked for a hug. If Sooyoung were here, she'd ask Sooyoung to drive and put Haseul in the backseat to cuddle her. She took a bottle of water from the back and slipped it between Haseul's fingers.

“Drink and sleep, Hon. You'll only be a distraction to me if you keep looking at me like that all the way.” Jinsol leaned in to kiss Haseul's head before starting the car and driving out of the parking lot.

“How are things going at work, Babe?” Haseul stretched her hand to ask Jinsol to play a song and hold her hand.

“We got a new team—one of the best teams I've ever worked with, several projects, a lot of caffeine, a lack of sleep, and headaches.” Jinsol chuckled as she squeezed Haseul’s hand.

“Please look after yourself. Remember to wear safety equipment when you're going to survey. Be careful and avoid getting hurt on the site. When you have a headache, go to bed. It is not healthy to take too much aspirin. Drink plenty of water, and don't skip meals. Come to us whenever you are tired. We'll shower you with hugs and kisses.”

“Yes, Mother,” Jinsol smirked in response to Haseul's nagging. “Thanks to you, I have a legitimate reason to leave the office early than others.”

“I'm not going to be fine every time you leave us at the weekend. But, I don't want you to get in trouble for ditching your work.”

“Don't worry, Hon.” Jinsol responded calmly, “My work can wait. Besides, Jungeun is already at the office. Everything will be fine.”

“Jungeun? When did she begin working at night?”

“Did you forget Jiwoo was still away with Sooyoung on a business trip? Jungeun would prefer to be in a crowded office than in their apartment without Jiwoo.”

Haseul snorted in response to Jinsol's explanation. “Does she still cling to Jiwoo? That child must not be left alone.”

“She will never change. She's lucky to have Jiwoo now. Jiwoo is more than capable of filling all of Jungeun's needs.” Jinsol laughed and glanced at Haseul, who was rubbing her eyes. “Sleep, Hon. You must be tired.”

“Don't tell Sooyoung that I got drunk when she wasn't by my side.” Haseul tugged at the hem of Jinsol's shirt to get her attention.

“She'll know without me telling her. Won't she be back in the morning?” Jinsol reached out to take Haseul's hand in her own, pulling her to kiss the back of her hand.

Haseul groaned as she remembered that Sooyoung would have returned to Seoul in the morning.

“Why are you so worried if Sooyoung finds out you're drunk without her but not being antsy if I find out?e” Jinsol smiled at the girl, who was now fiddling with her fingers.

“You won't scold me as long as I'm fine. But Ha Sooyoung,” Haseul puffed. “Usually, she'd nag and bring up the other incident,” Haseul recalled Sooyoung getting riled up when she came to a party without Sooyoung and Jinsol and found that someone had bad intentions toward her. Luckily, at that time, Kahei was also in the same place and saved Haseul from the drunken man who was bothering her.

“Sooyoung will always nag, but you know it is her love language. Sooyoung is behaving that way because she is worried about you.” Haseul agreed with Jinsol's statement. “Just tell her I picked you up, and everything will be fine.”

“Sooyoung is unpredictable. Anyway, she'll be back on a morning flight. I think she'll only be home around 9 or 10 am. I'll wake up before Sooyoung gets home.” Haseul shut her eyes and attempted to sleep this time. The gleaming street lights only gave her a headache. “Promise me, you're not going anywhere, Babe.”

“I promise.” Jinsol smiled and reached out her hand to turn down the music. Soon, she could hear Haseul's soft snoring; she had fallen asleep.

 

***

 

“Babe…” Haseul rubbed her eyes, searching for the other girl as she left the bedroom. The girl was upset because she didn't see Jinsol by her side when she awoke. “Jinsolie~”

When Haseul found the girl she was looking for in the kitchen, she stopped and leaned against a pillar. She crossed her arms and smiled as she observed what was going on in front of her.

Jinsol sat at the kitchen island with Sooyoung sandwiched between her legs. Her arms were wrapped around Sooyoung's neck. On the other hand, the older of the two slipped her hand beneath Jinsol's hoodie to caress her waist, while the other ran through Jinsol's wavy black hair, running to Jinsol's nape and holding her to deepen the kiss.

“I'm not surprised you didn't answer me. Sooyoung worked harder to keep your mouth shut.” Haseul's words caused them to stop and turn to face her with flushed faces and gasping breaths.

Jinsol grinned and pulled Sooyoung into a tight hug.

“Welcome home, Bee.” She stepped down from the kitchen island after giving another quick kiss.

Her steps lightly loomed to Haseul. Her eyes softened as she played with Haseul's cheek before kissing her on the lips.

“Good morning, Hon!” Jinsol smiled widely. “Feeling good?”

“I'm upset when I didn't find you by my side as I woke up.” Haseul pouted.

“Owww... My baby… Wait a moment, I'll make brunch for us.” Jinsol coos. Her eyes glowed as she noticed Haseul's expression. She leaned and whisper in Haseul’s ear. “I made you a soup to help you get over your hangover.”

Jinsol turned around and returned to her cooking, leaving Sooyoung standing in the middle of the kitchen.

Sooyoung smiled at Haseul, who was dressed to the nines in Jinsol's oversized pajamas. She came to the girl, gently holding her chin to kiss her. Haseul jumped into Sooyoung's arms and wrapped her arms around her neck, asking Sooyoung to carry her. Sooyoung was pleased with the girl's antics as she laughed and hugged her waist. She drew her face closer to claim Haseul's lips were against hers. Sooyoung went to the li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter