Playlist 02 - 00 (Need U)

Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Heejin - Kim Hyunjin - Park Chaewon

 

 

"I passed the test and requirement to join the project team that handled the new tender, Arcadia Space!" Heejin announced her new project in the middle of dinner.

“Jeon Heejin!”

Heejin flinched when Hyunjin and Chaewon shrieked at the same time, calling her name in annoyance.

“Why?" Heejin asked innocently but immediately groaned in defeat as her gaze met Hyunjin and Chaewon. Both of them look upset, and Heejin knows by heart the reason behind the tired expressions of her girlfriends.

“You've been busy with your internship program, and now you've gotten yourself trapped in a new project.” Chaewon filed her protest. “Did you forget that you still have to come to campus to give your report and do the presentation?”

“I've already discussed it with my professor, and she welcomes the opportunity I get. She didn't mind and looked so proud as I told her about my project, instead asking me to send a report via email without having to come to campus." Heejin beamed, recalling her conversation with her professor.

"When you did a site survey last week, I thought you were about to finish your project," Hyunjin grumbled next to Chaewon.

Heejin set down her chopsticks and held Hyunjin and Chaewon's hands in hers, squeezing them gently.

"Arcadia Space is different from any other project I've worked on before. This international project will provide me with valuable experience. I'll be working directly with talented and experienced architects. Our Project Manager provides an opportunity for interns to join. How could I let go of this opportunity?” Heejin twirled the chopsticks before snagging the eggroll into .

“Is Ryujin also involved in this project?” Hyunjin narrowed her eyes at the girl, who had been her lover for four years.

“She won't miss this chance, Hyun. This is a rare opportunity obtained by internees like us. Ryujin and I got this opportunity out of 18 interns who are doing an internship in the same batch as us! We've got the chance!! Our golden ticket!” Heejin still looks enthusiastic about her project. “Our team will be flying out to Dubai to meet with investors in two weeks.”

Chaewon took a deep breath and gave a small smile to Heejin. “Congrats, Dear. Good luck with your project. Please don’t overwork yourself.”

Chaewon continued to eat silently. She briefly glanced at her phone when a notification came in. She opened the message, and without saying anything, she closed her dinner box and threw it in the trash.

"Hyeju is waiting for me in the lobby. I'm going back to the office. You don't have to wait for me and go to bed first." She grabbed a can of beer from the fridge and walked to the door, leaving Heejin and Hyunjin at the dining table.

"Why is Chaewon back to the office? Shouldn't work hours be over?" Heejin asked curiously.

"She doesn't need to go, but Chaewon feels responsible because tomorrow's trial is a case that she is handling, and I heard there is still work that hasn't been done," Hyunjin answered between chews. "Chaewonie came just to have dinner with us and pick up some documents she left behind."

“But Chaewonie looks gloomy. Did I say something wrong?" Heejin looks confused by Chaewon's attitude. Chaewon rarely talks while eating, but she never leaves them without giving them kisses, unless the girl is in a bad mood.

"Did you forget that in two weeks is our second anniversary with Chaewon, and we plan to celebrate it in Jeju?" Hyunjin responded calmly with a hand that wouldn't stop shoving food into .

Heejin's eyes widened when she heard Hyunjin's words. She had completely forgotten about their anniversary.

“Sorry,” Heejin looked at Hyunjin with a guilty look.

“You came late when we celebrated our first anniversary with Chaewon, Heej. And this time, you can't even be by her side.” Even though her words sounded mean, Hyunjin didn't want to add to the stress on the older girl's face. “I'm happy for you, Heejin-ah. Take your time and take care of yourself, okay? I'll talk to Chaewon and keep her company while you're not around. She will forget that damn anniversary thing.”

Heejin smiled slightly and leaned in to kiss Hyunjin's cheek. “Thanks, Babe. I love you.”

“I love you more, Dummy.”

 

***

 

Heejin checked her phone for the umpteenth time this afternoon. Usually, when she is still in the office, she rarely looks at her phone and focuses on her work. It's normal for her not to receive any calls or messages in the daylight. But, since last night's conversation, Heejin has been worried because Chaewon has also not responded to her messages. Chaewon also doesn't engage in their group chat, which makes things worse for Heejin's calm demeanor. She grabbed her phone and searched for Hyunjin's name. Her fingers typed frantically, a message to the girl.

 

< Jeon Heejin >

Hyunjinie, is Chaewonie with you?

Is she okay? Why didn't she reply to my messages?

 

Heejin unconsciously held her breath when she saw the sign of Hyunjin typing, replying to her message. Hyunjin was always the fastest to respond to their messages or pick up calls among the trio.

 

< Kim Hyunjin >

It's still working hours, Heej.

Chaewonie's still busy at the office preparing for the trial.

Her mentor will have an important trial today.

 

Heejin breathed a sigh of relief. If so, maybe Chaewon was too busy to check or reply to her message.

Heejin smiled and typed a reply to Hyunjin.

 

< Jeon Heejin >

I need you to give Chaewon a tight hug when you pick her up.

Please tell Chaewon that I love her.

I love you too, Kim Hyunjin.

 

Heejin smiled in delight after sending the message. But Hyunjin's next reply made Heejin stare in horror at her phone screen.

 

< Kim Hyunjin >

Did you forget that I was in Daegu until Friday?

 

Heejin groaned and slapped her forehead after reading Hyunjin's message. She feels like the worst girlfriend for Hyunjin and Chaewon. How could she forget that if Hyunjin had just told her this morning that she had a project in Daegu?

 

< Jeon Heejin >

I'm so sorry, Babe. It slipped my mind.

Sorry TT

 

If she wasn't in the conference room right now, she might have been crying after being forgetful. Last night, she disappointed Chaewon. She did the same to Hyunjin.

 

< Kim Hyunjin >

Are you stuck in a long meeting today? Have you had lunch, Babe?

I'll order something for you if you haven't had lunch.

Something light and easy to eat, right?

 

Heejin bit her lower lip, trying to hold her tears from falling. Hyunjin must have realized how she felt panicked because Chaewon ignored her message and chose not to make Heejin feel even more guilty for forgetting her schedule. Hyunjin seemed to know that her brain was cramping because she had just finished a long meeting with her seniors.

 

< Jeon Heejin >

Yeah, I finished the meeting an hour ago and went to get lunch.

How about you?

 

< Kim Hyunjin >

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter