NEW - CH1: The Ice Cream?

The Untold Tales of the NCT Dreamies (Insert Shenanigans Here)

 


Fun FAQs at the bottom of the chapter :D


 

The Untold Magical Tales of the NCT Dreamies (Insert Shenanigans Here)

 

Chapter One:  The Ice Cream?

 

~ * ~

 

  CHENLE'S cackle echoed through the trees as he and Jisung flew towards the secret bookstore in the forest.
  "I can't believe I let you talk me into this," Jisung said, flapping his wings harder.
  "Just because you're the size of a thumb right now doesn't mean you're not super strong, Jisung."  Chenle looped around the pint of ice cream he'd attached to Jisung's shoulders.  "The string holds true.  We'll make it before it melts and be able to share it with the others."
  Jisung's white hair glowed silver.  "I'm bigger than a thumb.  You're the size of a thumb."  They dodged a green ladybug.  "We're going to have good luck now."  He sped up.
  "That's what it took to put you in a better mood?"  Chenle bumped the ice cream and laughed when it put him off balance.
  "I'm going to throw you into the river."  He stabilized and looked down.
  Chenle wiggled his fingers and passed him.

 

~ * ~

 

  RIVER water lapped enthusiastically as they flew over the bottom moss-covered bridge.
  "The lanterns are on," Jisung said.
  "Ooo, the elves are here then."  Chenle landed on the bridge and fluttered his wings.  "I'm tired of being tiny."  He opened his arms and inhaled.  Light and dark blue glitter started at his toes, went around his waist, down his arms, and up to his head.  He grinned and shook his hair.
  The glitter flashed and he grew to five-foot-nine-inches tall.  He exhaled and faced him.
  Jisung rolled his eyes.  He removed the string from his shoulders and let it go.
  "You're going to spill it," Chenle said, snatching it out of the air.  His wings fluttered as he put pressure on the lid.
  "It has a seal on it."  He sighed and said, "Next time you're carrying it.  Now, stay still because I'm too tired to fly and I'm too tired to walk.  You're carrying me."  He sat on his shoulder.
  Chenle cackled.
  Jisung plugged his ears.  "Stop it.  You're big now... and extra loud."

 

~ * ~

 

  "IS it just me or is this place bigger than the last time I saw it," Jisung asked.
  Chenle looked up.  "It's not just you.  I wonder what new section they added this time.  Last time they added a whole new building just for new best-selling grimoires."
  "That's because they were created by a witch well adept to the twenty-first century," a familiar voice said.
  Chenle turned.
  Haechan wiggled his eyebrows.  He wore dark green robes and a long necklace with a large sunflower charm.  The glass containing it made it look spectacular.  The book he held had at least a thousand pages.
  He took a step back.  "What are you reading, a person's life story?"  
  "This is a tome of magic ingredients, dating back exactly a century ago, up until..."  He flipped a few pages.  "...well... last week."  He closed it.
  He's doing research on herbs and the effectiveness of one from the other," another familiar voice said.
  "Jaemin-Hyung," Chenle said, running to him.  He fell into his open arms and grinned up at him.  "I like your white robes and your ears are extra pointy today."
  "Thank you," he said.  "I like your handmade brown slippers."
  "Actually, Jisung made them and I made him a white hoody-like cape.  He couldn't wear it tonight because of his wings."
  Jisung had darted off his shoulder and now hovered by Haechan's tomb.  He tugged his sleeve.  "Why are you researching... what you're researching?"
  "Because he's being rebellious and lazy," a third familiar voice said.  Jeno shook his head.  One side of his hair had been woven with delicate golden rose vines and glitter sparkled on his cheeks - definitely Jaemin's work, because only he could convince him to do anything makeup-y.  His ears were extra-pointy too.
  "Did you two like... sharpen your ears or something," he asked.
  Smiling, Jaemin moved his bangs out of his eyes.  "What are you even talking about?  I think you need a haircut."
  Mark's voice came from behind a bookshelf.  "No fighting."
  "We're not fighting," Haechan said.  To Jeno, he said, "I am not being lazy or rebellious.  If I genuinely believe that if something works and the other does the same thing... why not use it instead?  I have the right to make choices.  My choices are logical."
  "He does have a point," Jisung said.
  "See," he said, pointing to him.  "If Johnny-Hyung were here he'd agree with me too."
  "That's because you're a spoiled brat," Jeno said.
  "I am thirty-seven years old," Haechan said.  "Brat... ends when your like twenty-five."
  "And yet..."  Chenle said and blue glitter sparkled around his wings.
  "Cheeky," Jaemin said.
  Jeno snorted.
  Mark came around a bookcase and smiled.  His dark green hair had been cut and the back buzzed, defining his sharp jaw and high cheekbones.  He had a maroon-colored book, with significantly less than a thousand pages.
  "Hyung," Chenle yelled and ran to him.  He fell into his open arms.
  "Why are you guys fighting already?  You just got here," he said.
  His words were muffled in his shirt.  "We're not fighting.  Just having a frank conversation about... something to do with herbs.  Hey, where's Renjun-Hyung?"
  "Oh, he traveled to Spacey-acey... something something... mountain to draw something or other for his... something...," Jaemin said, and he looked extremely confused.
  Haechan sighed.  "He traveled to Spec's Mountain to collect herbology samples, and to draw some things to add to his artist's portfolio.  Remember, he wants to be an illustrator for modern magic users' works."
  Chenle sighed.  "I have no idea what that means."
  Jaemin snapped his fingers.  "I remember now.  Say you want to make a spellbook, one of your own, huh?  Now, you want to type it up... or not.  Either way, he'll draw and add his art to the pages."
  "Not just art, but the specific fonts as well.  Remember all of the stunning Grimoires you've seen in the last... oh, say, three or so years?"
  Chenle nodded.
  "Well, all of those pictures and scripts, the ones that make you want to caress the pages?  That's what Renjun wants to do."
  "Wow, that's amazing," Jisung said.
  "Yeah, he even does mine," Haechan said.  "I can't even stand a standard blank paged book anymore.  It's Renjun or none."
  "He's done some of my herbology lists," Jeno said.
  "That's so cool," Chenle said.  "I wonder if he does inventory and guest lists, but for software programs."
  Mark blinked.  "Huh?"

 

~ * ~

  
  THEY'D picked a table in the study lounge.
  "So, the top floor has been expanded to house-  Get this, human fiction books," Jaemin said.
  "You know, there's a negative reaction to drinking too much Concentration Tea," Haechan said.
  Jaemin sniffed and quit leaning over the table.  He plopped into his chair and took a sip of the blended ice concoction.
  "I try to get him to cut down, but he won't listen to me," Jeno said.
  "Don't pout, Jeno.  I can read twice as fast as normal and my reflexes are impeccable." He took another sip.  "But I don't need tea for reflexes.  I'm just that good."
  Jisung had turned humanoid size, six-foot-two-inches-tall, and disappeared his wings.  He said, "Going back to the human book thing...  Really?  I thought our kind protested bringing human stuff into a..."  He did air quotes.  "...magic bookstore."
  Chenle stole one of his Wander-Buns, which made the person who ate it experience the fulfillment of a healthy adventure.  Which made a chosen activity seem fun.
  "You owe me for that," he said.  "Those are one aureate for thirty buns."
  Jeno choked on his fizzy crystal cider.  He pinched his nostrils together and coughed a few times.  "My nose is burning," he said.
  Cleaning his cheek with a heated towel, Jaemin said, "An aureate is only point-five percent gold, Jeno.  It's like a pinch of dust filed from a raw vein."
  "Yeah, just melted and made into a solid form," Haechan said, also shocked.  "You spent one aureate on sticky buns?"
  Jisung sighed.
  He helps me with handyman stuff at my family's cottage," Chenle said.  "It's like a full-time job... for both of us.  My parents pay us in gold.  One aureate for every forty hours of work."
  "Yeah, plus we get to live there, so I think it's worth it," Jisung said.
  "And we even get to become landlords soon."
  "Who in their right mind would trust you to be their landlord," Haechan asked.
  Chenle tossed a Wander-Bun at him and said, "I'm very responsible, thank you.  I am thirty-four years old.  It's high time I take on more responsibility.  My parents can't take care of everything forever."
  "You owe me for that too," Jisung said, eyeing the bun on the floor.
  A plastic clack sound got their attention.  Mark had returned with a tray of steaming Zoomie Meat, which made the person who ate it have quicker reflexes, and-
  "You have spun cinnamon and tootsie cotton," Jaemin screeched.  He took a pinch of the tootsie and sprinkled it into his drink.  After a slurp from his straw, he said, "Mm, fruity."
  "Strawberry," Chenle said.  He laughed as he smacked him.
  "Strawberries should be gone from this world.  No, it's grape.  I'm going to get peach flavored next time... if I remember."
  Jeno huffed a laugh and leaned over.  "But you're drinking Concentrate Tea.  How will you forget?"
  He rolled his eyes.  "I am now... but when I get here next time, I'll have to remember to drink this.  Which doesn't necessarily mean I'll remember that I want a certain flavor.  It's Concentration Tea, not Memory Tea."
  Mark rolled his eyes and put the tray of spun cotton in the middle of the table.  "You're welcome," he said.  He sat down and situated his food and chopsticks.  Haechan scooted closer and opened his mouth.  He snorted and fed him a piece of Zoomie Meat.
  "Yum, I feel faster-reflexy already," he said as he chewed.
  "It's a good thing I ordered extra."  He fed him another piece.
  "You were just thinking about me, right?"  He hugged him, startling him enough he dropped the chopsticks.  "I guess you need to actually eat it before you get fast enough to dodge me.  Although, I already ate it, so...  We could duel?"
  "If I win you should give me a kiss, hm?"
  "Haechan," Mark squeaked.
  Chenle said, "Aw, my son has found his first love.  Puppy love is always the best."  Mark, the oldest of the group, had never minded the second youngest referring to him as "son".
  Jaemin said, "Unfortunately, Mark has been bamboozled by a goblin."
  "Bamboozled," Jisung asked, confused.
  Jeno shrugged.  "He probably heard it on a movie when he visited that human tavern one time."
  Jaemin patted his cheek.  "Jeno, love?"
  "Hm?"
  "It's not a tavern if it's human.  It's a pub or a bar, or a sports bar.  Nothing so pleasant as an earthy aromatic and spice-rich scented tavern will ever be found in a place so disconnected from nature.  Yuck, and the drinks are terrible.  Not to mention the food.  Greasy, tainted-"
  He gagged.  "I actually puked the first time I tried their wings."
  Jisung flinched.  "Wings," he said quickly.
  Chenle grabbed him before he could shrink and fly away.  "No, it's bird wings.  Chich-  Chichen... wings?"  He looked at Jaemin.
  "Chick-en," he corrected.
  He looked at Jisung.  "See, bird?  We eat bird meat sometimes.  Their wings are nothing like fairy wings.  Ours would be like eating air... and sparkles... and a spiderweb."
  Haechan cackled.  "Spiderweb?  What are you talking about?"  He buried his face in his arms and shook as he released more unrestrained laughter.  Thankfully they were in a bookstore and not a library.
  "Shush," Jaemin said softly.  The soft tone that he used when he found something amusing, but his zen side had kicked in.  An unenthusiastic enthusiast, Haechan had once said.
  Jisung put a hand over his heart.  He smiled awkwardly and said, "Good.  I got worried for a second there."
  "No.  You got freaked out," Chenle said and cackled at his expression.
  "In another life, I think you used to be a goblin," he said.
  Jaemin inhaled at the same time that he slowly rose to his feet.  His eyes bore down onto Jisung.  He exhaled and said, "Jisunggie, I can't believe you thought I'd eat your fluttery wings.  The wings to my motherly heart."  He clasped his hands over his heart.
  He'd said and done it, so zen-like, that everyone cracked up.
  After wiping their eyes and returning to their food and/or drinks, Jaemin turned to Jeno and asked, "So... when are we going to have children?"
  He choked on his fizzy crystal cider and pinched his nostrils together.  "What," he asked meekly... and nasally... and he coughed a few times.
  Chenle smacked the table, startling Jisung, then he stood up.
  Jisung looked very much like he wanted to shrink and fly away.
  "Jisung, where's the ice cream?"
  "I gave it to you, remember?"
  "You guys brought ice cream," Jeno asked, using the same heated towel Jaemin had used, to clean his face.
  Haechan still had his head buried in his arms.  His laughter returned and it shook the table.
  Jaemin sighed.  "Next time, we're meeting at our house."
  "That's a good idea," Jeno said.
  "Yeah, because nothing can be lost there," Haechan somehow said through his laugh-crying.  He wiped his eyes and blew out a large breath.  One second...  Two seconds...  He burst out laughing again.

 

AND thus, the Dreamie's Shenanigans continue...

 

1)  Did you like this chapter/love it/laugh hysterically/other stuff?  Then...

2)  ...Click Link to Read:  | CH 2 |

 


 

Warning!

 

This story will occasionally contain [M] Mature Content (Cussing, ual situations, , adult jokes)...

With that said, I want to keep it mostly clean and fun.

Enjoy!  Read CH 2 |

 

~ Scroll down to read Fun FAQs :) ~

 


 

Fun FAQs:

 

1)  This is so cracky it had me - oooh - cracking up.  See what I did there?  *Crickets...  Sorry.  I 'pologize.  Haha.

2)  This world is so fun to me.  I wish I could fly with ChenJi and see the amazing ginormous magic book store.  I'd be in writer/reader heaven.  We can form a group trip ;)

3)  Jaemin cracked out on Concentration Tea is hilarious - and not bad for him like all that coffee he used to drink.  His antics are just getting started...

4)  So are others - read the story title again ;)

 

What's your favorite element/character so far (Leave in Comment Section)...

...OR simply click to read | CH 2 |