Late again

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

L.Joe woke up when the bright sunlight streamed in front the windows and hit his gorgeous sleeping face. He squinted, and sat up, yawning tiredly.

His back felt oddly uncomfortable and it was aching madly from sleeping on the couch. He frowned and scratched his head, a little confused about where he was and why he wasn't in his bed. His eyes widened when he realized why he was there.

*I was waiting for Mihye.* he remembered.

He was about to rush to her room to check on her when he saw that the cake he had left on the table was gone, and in it's place was a small note written to him.

Thank you for the cake Byunghun oppa.
I tried a little of it and it's really good. I'll eat the rest of it well. Thank you so much for the things you've done for me today, I really enjoyed my post birthday celebration. It has got to be my happiest birthday yet.
Thank you so much Byunghun oppa, and thanks for staying up to wait for me too. But don't do that again, you'll catch a cold.
-Mihye

L.Joe's face let up with a smile. *She said it tasted good.* L.Joe grinned. Although he highly doubted that his cake was even edible, but the fact that she tried it made him feel warm and tingly all over. He noticed the blanket that she had covered him with and his smile grew even wider at the prospect of her caring for him.

He tiptoed over to their room and peeked in, a strange sense of satisfaction settling in when he saw Mihye sleeping soundly in their bed. He wouldn't admit to it, but sometimes he's watch her sleep at night. Her face was too adorable. And apparently she must have gotten home pretty late the previous night, because she rarely, or never overslept, unlike that day.

L.Joe closed the door softly and let her sleep for a while more. He could make breakfast himself. He trusted that he had enough skills to poison himself along the way anyway.

 

 

L.Joe spun on his chair. The was an insanely huge pile of work to be done on his desk but he didn't seem to be bothered by the pressing matters. In fact, he didn't give a damn at all.

The smile on his face hadn't left his lips since he woke up that morning. He wondered why he felt so happy just because he managed to make Mihye smile on her birthday. *I promise I won't be late in celebrating her birthday next year.* he thought determined.

He blinked slightly, frowning a little after. "But by then we'd be divorced." he whispered in realization. He shook his head and plastered the smile back on his face, but it was so much more unnatural now. *Nah. We can still be friends there after right?*

A vibration on his phone made him light up.


To: L.Joe

Hey Mister L.Joe sshi! So how did the surprise go yesterday? Did the girl you were trying to impress get a shock? (:

From: Miss Apple



To: Miss Apple

She liked it a lot. I think.
I pretty much spent the entire night preparing the event without a wink of rest, and you can't imagine how tired I am now even though I slept a bit last night. But I don't understand how I still be so happy when I remember how she thanked me for it. I guess it's all worth it.
Thanks again Apple. You never fail to save my . Guess you're my Fairy GodApple ~

From: L.Joe



To: L.Joe

No prob(:
PS: Your name. I finally realized what it meant. L.Joe, the 'L' stands for Lame right? Lame Joe? ((:

From: Miss Apple


 

L.Joe shook his head and chuckled. That was just his witty Miss Apple again. She never failed to make him smile with her witty answers. Sometimes, he really wanted to meet her face to face, but he knew it's not going to be so easy to talk to someone once you know who they are. Somehow, when they don't know who each other are, things are so much easier.

It wasn't until CAP visited his office to remind him to go to the meeting that day that he remembered, he was going to see his Queen again. Finally after two weeks.

 

 

Mihye's breath was caught as she entered the meeting room again. Her mask felt oddly uncomfortable from not wearing it for a period of time. Her eyes landed on the Knight at once when she went in. The reminder that he was part of her life suddenly came back to her. She couldn't believe she almost forgot about her crush on this guy.

The Knight smiled at her softly as he took his seat beside her. He looked dashing as usual, his y lips and lazy smile that made girls swoon even though half his face was covered by the mask. He didn't flirt or tease Mihye this time, but chose to smile at her in this serious and distant way that made Mihye think that there were other things on his mind.

Not that Mihye minded of course, he was free to think whatever he wanted since they weren't officially together until the divorce took place. And more importantly, Mihye had things to think of herself. Or more specifically, her husband.

A small smile still lit her face when she thought of how he had left her a note on the breakfast table after ordering for the maids to prepare the meal instead of waking her up to do it. He told her to eat more and sleep in, and even drew a smiley.

That was unexpectedly sweet in her eyes and she couldn't help but feel pleased about it, even though she didn't exactly know why she did.

The meeting went on as usual, with even more clashes and conflict than usual because the two week break between the meetings enabled both sides to rough up their arguements. Or maybe it's just because they missed each other, if you know who I mean.

"You're being ridiculous Power Voice!" Jiyeon snapped, irritatedly. "Trust is a mutual thing that happens between a couple. If your girlfriend comes home late, that doesn't mean she's out fooling around with other guys! It's a fallacy!"

Chunji frowned. "Of course I see that point. But Miss Dinosaur sshi, I can fully understand how some men do not allow their wives out at all. Women can hardly defend for themselves, and what if they get hurt, robbed or even worse, hit on by other men? They don't want that!"

Jiyeon growled. "Doesn't mean that if a girl goes out and there's a possibility that she's going to get hit on by another guy means that it's enough reason to keep a girl at home!" she retorted.

"Well if I had a girlfriend as pretty as you I'd not let you out of my sight as well!" Chunji roared. "Who knows how many guys are undressing you in their minds at this instant!"

Jiyeon opened to scream a reply when what Chunji had said finalyl settled in her mind. She blinked and gaped at him. "Eh?" The power voice suddenly pinked and avoided her gaze. "T-that's just an example." he grumbled.

Mihye shook her head in amusement as she saw Jiyeon blushing as well. The maknae of the flower sisters was one ice woman indeed. But seeing her blushing like a teenager made Mihye want to laugh. It was amusing but a relief at the same time.

She was about to write down some more notes on the meeting when Qri who was sitting on the other side of her nudged her. Qri showed Mihye a message on her phone.

Please come back to the headquarters immediately. Another victim has been again.

Mihye's face fell and paled. She stood up abruptly, gaining the attention of all the members from both organizations. "I'm afraid this meeting has to be postponed to the next time." she announced. "The members of Women's Organization have to leave immediately."

"So fast?" Chunji blurted, looking at his Miss Dinosaur.

"Yes I'm afraid. We'll fix another meeting time later." Mihye bowed, and left, not even throwing L.Joe another look. She completely forgot about his existence to be honest.

The guys slumped on their seats and sighed. "Aww that showdown between Power Voice and Miss Dinosaur was rather nice to watch!" Ricky grinned teasingly, earning a punch from Chunji.

L.Joe shrugged, feeling just a tinsy bit of disappointment that his Queen had to leave so early. The disappointment was much smaller than what he felt when Mihye had to leave from their birthday celebration, he noted with surprise.

His phone suddenly vibrated and the disappointment he felt from the Queen leaving, was suddenly multiplied tenfold.

Byunghun oppa,

I'm afraid some trouble cropped up again. I'll be with the flower sisters. Don't worry about me.
I'll be late again tonight, but don't wait up for me again.

-Mihye

L.Joe stuffed his phone in his pocket and grumbled. "Aissshhh."