Don't let her go

3 Identities of my Mysterious Wife

L.Joe who had just grabbed onto Mihye's wrist and yanked her towards him, suddenly froze.

"KYAAAA!! HELP!"

Mihye stiffened and yanked her head up to look at him, her eyes wide. "Minji." Both of them gasped.

L.Joe took Mihye's hand and they ran back onto the shore to where the SHINee boys were. The parents and grandparents also went towards them anxiously, hearing the cries. "What happened?" Grandma Lee shrieked. "Where's Minji?"

"She's not around!" Jonghyun panicked. "She just disappeared and we heard that scream-"

"HELPPPPP!!!"

All heads snapped towards the sea. They saw a tiny dot far out at sea with hands waving frantically. "HELLLLPPPPP!!"

"That's Minji!" Taemin shrieked as he pointed. Grandma Lee gasped and looked absolutely faint, like she would collapse anytime from shock.

"We've got to sav-" L.Joe faltered when he saw a white figure running towards the sea and heading straight into the sea and plunging straight in.

" no MIHYE!" L.Joe yelled in shock as he ran towards the sea as well. He had no idea that Mihye had left his side while they all gathered in the middle of the beach. She had ran off herself when she first spotted Minji in the sea and just dived into the sea without a care.

"Sister-in-law!" Key gasped in surprise.

L.Joe threw off his jacket and dived into the sea as well, not wasting a single second. He saw Mihye struggling to get towards Minji, but she wasn't making much progress.

He saw her panic-strickened face and realization dawned on him. *She can't swim.*

He took a deep breath and swam faster, as fast as he could. He never felt something like this. His heart felt like it was squeezing hard, and not because of his physical activity. He couldn't lose them. He couldn't lose her.

It didn't make sense, but he just couldn't.

He finally got to the two girls and found Mihye holding Minji out of the water on her head such that the younger one could breathe. But Mihye herself was already fainting from the lack of oxygen. Her eyes were squeezed shut and she willed herself to stay conscious, but it was getter harder by the minute.

L.Joe grabbed onto Mihye with one hard and Minji with another, pulling Mihye frantically out of the water. The latter took a large intake of breath, gasping and coughing.

"Byunghun o-oppa.." Mihye breathed, only slightly conscious.

L.Joe leaned her on the crook of his neck and carried Minji with his other hand, swimming back to the shore strongly. He finally reached, and laid them three on the hot beach, panting loudly.

Minji began crying from the shock, and Grandma and Grandpa Lee immediately went to comfort the child, patting comfortingly on her back while feeding her water. Minji looked considerably shakened and her SHINee oppas were really worried.

L.Joe on the other hand turned towards Mihye, his eyes scrutinizing her. "You alright?" he croaked, tired out himself.

Mihye opened her eyes narrowly, her face pale. She was still panting, taking large breaths from the lack of air previously. "I'm fine Byunghun oppa." she coughed weakly.

L.Joe rolled over to face her and wiped the water out of her face. "I almost died." he whispered.

Mihye closed her eyes from the fatigue. "I'm sorry Byunghun oppa. And thank you." her voice was weak and faint.

L.Joe shook his head. He wrapped his hands around her and brought her towards him. "I'm just glad you're fine."

 

 

"That was totally brainless and rash of you." L.Joe frowned.

Mihye pouted. They were in their room in the resort, resting after the hectic and physically demanding afternoont that they had.

"You shouldn't have run off like that by yourself." L.Joe chided lightly, his voice strained. The panic on his face was still obvious and evident, he looked like he hasn't really gotten over the shock either.

"You can't swim, Mihye." L.Joe sighed. "Didn't that tinsy fact pass your mind at all when you ran into the water like that?"

Mihye puffed her cheeks. "I..I didn't think that much." she grumbled. "I just thought I should get to Minji before anything happened to her."

L.Joe sighed and walked over to her. He caressed her cheek lightly. "But what about yourself?" he asked. "You even supported Minji on your head, but what if you drown then? You want me to become a widower so fast?"

Lowering her gaze, Mihye bit her lip. "I'm sorry."

L.Joe chuckled lightly and ruffled her hair. "It's not your fault. You're the saviour today. If you hadn't supported Minji like that, she'd be gone by the time I got there."

He took her into his arms again and hugged her, burying his face in her hair, relief racing through his veins that she could live to hug him back. "Don't do anything like that again."

 

 

"Oh Minji ah!" Aunt Kim and her husband finally arrived and they immemdiately went to look for their daughter. They were pleased to see that she was fine and jumping up and down like the cheerful girl they were used to.

"I'm so glad you're fine." Uncle Kim hugged her daughter.

Minji beamed up at her parents, her eyes gleaming with pride that they actually turned up. "Mihye Unnie is my saviour!" she declared. "She saved me today! And Byunghun oppa!"

Uncle Kim turned towards L.Joe and smiled warmly. "Thanks Byunghun. YOu don't know what we'd become if we really lost Minji." he sighed. He looked around. "Where's your amazing wife? She's the savior today. I want to thank her personally."

"Yeah. Where is your pretty bride?" Aunt Kim put Minji down and walked towards them.

L.Joe turned towards the kitchen. "She's helping the maids cook dinner." he smiled lightly.

"Oh?" Aunt Kim looked surprised. "She's even willing to help out? That's rare." she smiled, pleased. Minji's parents went to the kitchen to thank Mihye personally while L.Joe watched with pride.

The dinner was soon set and many mouth watering dishes were brought out onto the table, half of which were Mihye's work. Grandma and Grandpa Lee were really satisfied as they tried each of the dishes, never eating anything as good nowadays.

"This Kimchi stew is really good, Mihye." Aunt Lee praised. "You must give me the recipe!"

Mihye blushed pink, bowing lightly.

"You're really capable Mihye." Aunt Kim praised. "I'd never be able to cook something this good."

Mrs Lee beamed proudly, happy that this was her daughter-in-law that they were talking about. "She's really a blessing to this family." Uncle Kim smiled gratefully at Mihye.

He looked at L.joe sternly. "Byunghun, make sure you don't ever let her go alright? This one's a gem."

L.Joe and Mihye's eyes met and they blushed lightly. Somehow, L.Joe didn't think what his uncle said was wrong.