Chapter Ten

The Moneylender

 

‘Oh my gosh, I’m so very sorry, Jaejoong!’ Yunho grabbed napkins from the café counter and began wiping the coffee off my face and neck.

 

‘Joongie,’ I corrected him and that bought us both into a fit of laughter.

 

‘Come on, let me help you into the restroom to wash up,’ he grabbed both our bags and then held my left hand while I was still busy trying to get the coffee off my semi drenched fringe with the napkin with my other hand.

 

Yunho carried and hoisted me on top of the sink before proceeding to grab the whole roll of toilet paper from a cubicle. He held quite a generous amount of paper under the running water and began wiping the already sticky substance off my face.

 

‘I’m so sorry,’ Yunho apologised again.

 

‘It’s fine,’ I said, enjoying the attention and care Yunho was showering on me while swinging my legs that dangled over the washing basin.

 

‘Okay, I’ll have to drive you home so you can change your clothes,’ Yunho threw the coffee soaked toilet paper into the bin.

 

I simply nodded and followed Yunho out of the washroom and café.

 

 

 

 

 

‘I was just shocked, Joongie, that’s why I spat on you,’ Yunho said during the drive back to my place.

 

‘I said, it’s fine, Yunnie,’ I reminded the driver, ‘And keep your eyes on the road, I don’t want to die yet.’

 

‘Sorry,’ Yunho’s looked away from me.

 

We kept quiet for the rest of the journey home, just listening to the radio hits.

 

 

 

 

 

‘My Dad’s home, so ignore him if you starts talking to you,’ I warned Yunho.

 

‘Can’t I say ‘hi’ at least? I don’t want to be rude,’ Yunho asked me.

 

‘Sure, fine, whatever you want,’ I opened the door, only to find my Dad in the living room watching soccer, chewing on peanuts and drinking Heineken.

 

‘Hey, Dad, friend, home,’ (‘Hey, Dad, I brought a friend home.’) I cringed when I said the word ‘friend’, because as of right now, I don’t know how to describe our relationship as my confession was kind of still… pending.

 

‘That’s not Chun-face!’ my Dad bellowed, getting off the sofa and walking towards us both.

 

‘Another friend, Yunho,’ (‘It’s another friend, Dad. This is Yunho.’) I rolled my eyes.

 

‘Don’t ing lie to me! This is your boytoy and you brought him over to ,’ my Dad shoved me and scanned Yunho from top to toe.

 

I swear, I was blushing like mad.

 

‘Well, well, well, my nerdy and girly son has finally done something that I can be proud of! Getting himself laid! It’s about time, really!’ my Dad laughed heartily and patted Yunho on the shoulder.

 

‘Oh my lilies! Dad, don’t say such stuff!’ I pulled Yunho away from my Dad’s clutches.

 

Yunho looked positively lost.

 

‘Go on, you two, condoms are in my bedroom. Oh wait, you don’t need one! Gays can’t produce accidental babies like Jaejoong,’ and my Dad laughed at his own tasteless joke.

 

We both kept quiet on the way to my bedroom.

 

‘Wait outside okay?’ I told Yunho, ‘I’ll be as quick as possible.’

 

Yunho nodded.

 

I showered as fast as I could and slipped into a plain tee and faded jeans. I opened the door and signaled for Yunho to come in.

 

‘I never expected your room to be…erm…’ Yunho couldn’t express himself.

 

‘Girly?’ I tried.

 

‘Yeah,’ Yunho agreed.

 

What can I say? I wanted a bedroom befitting of a princess. I watched enough historical dramas to pull off a typical Baroque era royalty’s bedroom. My room was basically filled with chests and chests of white and gold drawers and a massive dressing table. I also had the same coloured King sized four-poster bed that had such a high mattress that I needed a stool to help me get up onto it. On the bed was a thick comforter and tons of pillows covered with ruffled edges. The walls were adorned with white flowery patterned textured wallpapers and the floors had dark green carpets on them.

 

I pulled open the heavy white-gold curtains to reveal the Greenhouse that could be seen from outside of it.

 

‘Even my sister doesn’t have a room as feminine as yours,’ Yunho stated.

 

I laughed, ‘Sorry for being so girly.’

 

‘Don't be, everyone’s different,’ Yunho gave a small chuckle.

 

‘So what are we going to do now?’ I asked.

 

‘What would you like to do?’

 

‘Disney movie session?’

 

Seriously?’

 

 

 

 

 

Yunho managed to survive the Disney movie marathon and I was surprised he never watched any before.

 

‘You are such a deprived child, Yunnie,’ I pouted.

 

‘Yes, I sure am, Joongie,’ his eyes never left the screen.

 

‘Erm… Yunnie?’

 

‘Yes, Joongie?’

 

‘About my confession…’

 

‘Shhhh, he’s about to kiss her,’ Yunnie silenced me.

 

‘What about me then?’ I tried my luck.

 

‘Later,’ Yunnie playfully nudged me, eyes still not leaving the screen.

 

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST DISNEY MOVIE SESSION, EVER.