Chap.6

Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

—JIMIN—

 

Wednesday

 

I finally came back to school after getting rid of that damn headache. I had missed school for the rest of Monday and the entire Tuesday. I had so much to catch up on that I could feel my nerves twirling and I already knew another headache was near. 

 

I needed time but high school didn't leave me any. I was just so tired. Tired physically because of that ing limp and those headaches, and tired mentally from all the events that had happened the past few weeks. 

 

Rediscovering yourself .

 

Thankfully, the girls had already given me their notes from the classes we shared together but they were classes that I didn't share with any of them, so the teachers had organized themselves to send me a bit of theirs, it was not a lot but at least it helped me catch up.

 

I sighed, limping my way to my locker.

 

"I'll leave you here. Is that okay? I have to go change, I have badminton this morning." Somi said, making a displeased face.

 

The funny thing is that as I got to know her more I learned that she didn't like sports very much despite being a cheerleader. It was a weird contradiction but then again, it was Somi we were talking about. The girl was full of contradiction. Always searching for a fight and acting like a but she was actually really caring and insecure. Never trust the appearances I guess.

 

"Ye-Yes... I will be fine."

 

"Okay," She smiled, patting my shoulder. "see you at lunch."

 

I nodded, continuing toward my locker. I put the 6543 combination and opened it.

 

Unexpectedly, a flat folder instantly fell from inside it but luckily I caught it on time. Apparently, I still had a bit of reflex left. Good to know.

 

But what was this? It wasn't mine.

 

It was a simple black elastic folder. When I turned it around, I saw a sticky yellow note attached. On it, it said— 'I thought you would need the science and literature lessons you missed, so I took the liberty to compiled what you've missed. Hope it helps. Take care of yourself :) -Minjeong. 

 

PS: Also please don't tell your friends.'

 

Seriously? Who was that girl? And why was she doing this? What were her intentions? Everything about her made me so confused. Her attitude toward me and the attitude of others toward her. Minjeong was a complete mystery.

 

I knew why she asked me not to tell the girls. If they knew, they would have ripped her apart. They didn't want her near me. They made that clear before.

 

I read the note again.

 

Without noticing, my confused face softened, slowly turning into a grinning one. When I noticed it, my smile faded. Why was I smiling? My eyes fell down on the folder again. Why was she so nice to me when I probably was, before my accident, a total toward her? It didn't make sense.

 

I had noticed the condescending attitude of the girls toward everyone, the harsh words, the disdainful looks. I wasn't blind. Amnesic, yes, but not blind. I saw the way people looked at us with fear in their eyes or even avoided to come near us.

 

The girls weren't confronting people directly often, it was more insulting them behind their backs or laughing at them. Every differences people had was an opportunity to attack them. They had that superior attitude, thinking like they were better than everyone else.

 

However, in Minjeong's case, she received the worst from them. If they had the chance to go physical with her, they most likely will, especially Somi. She hated her to an insane level. She made it her mission to get her expelled.

 

Was I like that before?

 

It was most likely. Now, it made me questioned what kind of person I was. And most importantly, who I wanted to be now.

 

Minjeong had been nothing but nice to me. I didn't have any reason to hate her. How could I? Yes, she liked girls and it was not right but... but. Why was there a 'but'? I should hate her too, right?

 

But... was it a reason enough?

 

I sighed. Has 'old me' judged her too soon? Just because of one thing that she was? Was it reason enough? My head was starting to hurt again.

 

They say that coming close to death change your perspective on things. On life. Was it the case for me too? Did I really change that much about what I felt or was I like that before and my y side was just a facade?

 

The bell rang, startling me. I snapped out of it and put the elastic folder in my bag. Making my way to my first class of the day.

 

I wanted my bed so badly.

 

 

_

 

 

I was twirling my spaghetti with my fork, absently minded. Thinking about the things I must have done before. I was basically reassessing my entire existence at lunch break.

 

Thinking of who I was before. This whole story with Minjeong made me think so much. I was a , my friends were self-absorbed brats, my family and church preached love but encouraged hate over certain individuals and now I was... What was I?

 

I didn't want to be the person I probably was before. If I had died in the accident, all that people would have remembered of me was that I was an arrogant, selfish, egotistic, hating . I would be remembered as such and I didn't want that.

 

Maybe the accident was like a second chance? A chance of redemption given by God?

 

"Not hungry?"

 

I lifted my head as the girls took their places around the table. Yeji immediately stuffed with spaghetti, in delight. How could she be so skinny when she ate so much?

 

"I... was just... thinking." I replied to Somi.

 

"About what?" asked Yeji, full of spaghetti.

 

"How many times did we told you to not speak with your mouth full. Jesus!" Somi huffed. She turned toward me. "Is it about Minjeong?"

 

Oh ! Did she found out about the folder? No, it wasn't possible. I looked at her without meeting her eyes. Panic aros

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter