Chap.14

Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

—MINJEONG—

 

Oh, .

 

Her father ran towards us in a furry.

 

I lost balance of my footing and... fell. "Minjeong!" Jimin screamed.

 

My head bumped on something and then I fell off of all my long on the ground. Thankfully it was grass. I missed the concrete only by a few inches.

 

"Minjeong! ..." Aeri checked me up and tried to take a hold of me.

 

Noises were heard in the house. Like someone came down the stairs in a rush or maybe multiple. My head was ringing. It was confusing. Aeri tried to get me up but I was dizzy.

 

My vision was blurred, my head was throbbing, my ears were whistling and my body aching.

 

"," Aeri was panicking beside me. "Minjeong? answer me, goddamnit. Are you ok?"

 

I might have a concussion.

 

"I'm... fine." I obviously lied.

 

"Then get the up... oh ."

 

What was happening? I shut my eyes close. I thought I was gonna throw up. Even with my eyes closed, it felt like the ground underneath was moving. As if I was on a boat caught in a storm.

 

"D-Dad, please... stop. Don't... hurt her!"

 

Jimin.

 

I blinked, trying to regain my sight. I needed to see her. She was crying from afar. I heard the screams coming from inside. I needed to get a hold of myself. For Jimin.

 

I sat up helped by Aeri but it was so painful. I had likely broken a rib. Correction. I had definitely broken a rib or two. Aeri helped me get on my feet and I felt so weak. Like a paper doll. But at the same time, I felt so heavy like my knees couldn't support the rest of me anymore.

 

The sliding glass door slammed open violently. I felt a wet substance on my cheek. Was I crying?

 

That's when I heard the sound of a loaded gun. Aeri instantly gripped my arm.

 

"DAD STOP! They are my... f-friends!" Jimin cried out.

 

"Friends or not. This is a private property. GET THE HELL OUT!"

 

"Yeobo, stop!" Jimin's mom put her hand on the gun, making him put it down.

 

Aeri relaxed beside me and took off her hand. My vision came back completely and I kind of wished it hadn't because Jimin looked skinnier and paler than when I last saw her. She looked like she had a tough time and that broke everything inside me. What were they doing to her?

 

"Jimin," I came forward but her mom did too and I stopped when I saw her hateful expression. She was so scary.

 

"Don't you dare say her name, you filthy..."

 

"MOM!" Jimin sobbed.

 

Her mom ignored her and turned to us. "Aeri dear, I don't know why you're here with her," she sent me a glare. "but I hope it was to stop her, right?"

 

Aeri shifted. "No ma'am, I... was worried about Jimin too."

 

Disappointed appeared on Jimin's mom face. "You knew about them?" she let out scandalized.

 

Oh, . She knew. She discovered about us. I became dizzy again. No wonder why Jimin got locked up.

 

"I-I just discovered it today actually."

 

Jimin's mom stared at her daughter then at me. My eyes darted to the ground. My jaw clenched. I should have expected this situation sooner or later. I knew the risks but it still hurt that the worse happened.

 

"Aeri, you're a good girl. Don't get yourself influenced by people like that."

 

"Mom, please.." Jimin begged but her mom raised her hand to shut her up.

 

"I discovered your secrets." she looked at me disgusted. "That's why Jimin wasn't at school, she can't go on like that. We agreed..." she took her husband's hand "...that she needs proper help."

 

"NO!" I screamed, knowing exactly what she meant by that. "You can't... please don't."

 

"Shut up!" Jimin's father spatted.

 

I sobbed. I tried to wipe the tears but when I looked at my hands they were mixed with blood. My eyes widened. I might really have a concussion. I looked up at Jimin, my tears kept falling.

 

It was always going to end up like this, isn't it? Even if we love each other, something or someone would have separated us. I always promised myself that I wouldn't take Jimin down with me but now, they wanted her to go through the most horrible thing. I couldn't let them destroy Jimin from the inside even if that meant that I'll lose her a second time.

 

"Don't do that to her," I pleaded. "I-I'll leave. Jimin will not see me again, I promise. Just... don't do that."

 

"Do you think we can trust you?" her father scoffed.

 

"The girls will make sure of it and I'll leave town."

 

Aeri looked at me, tears started to roll down her cheeks too.

 

"No, no..." Jimin muttered, sobbing once again.

 

My heart was hurting so bad.

 

In this situation, either way, we'll be the ones who suffered. I hoped it would hurt less for Jimin now. She was better without me. Nonetheless, I wasn't regretting the time we had passed together even if was hurting more now. I loved her. I always will.

 

"I'm so... sorry, Yuji."

 

"No... no... no..." she tried to come forward but her mother took hold of her.

 

"NOW GET THE HELL AWAY!" her father spatted before leading his wife and daughter inside the house but Jimin fought back. They had to drag her inside. They struggled as she screamed. 

 

Aeri took my arm, "Let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter