Chap.3

Back To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

17 Days Later

 

—JIMIN—

 

Everything hurts.

 

How long was I asleep?

 

I tried to move. Nothing. I tried again and again. Still nothing.

 

I couldn't control my body. It was like being frozen in a block of ice.

 

I was conscious yet I was stuck in an unconscious body. Feeling trap in ice while my insides were on fire.

 

What was happening me?

 

My breath fastened.

 

Maybe if I only try to open my eyes? And yet again, my eyelids felt so heavy.

 

Suddenly, I heard muffled voices around me. Hope arose in me. Maybe they could help me? Maybe they could do something?

 

I couldn't move my mouth neither.

 

"Help me!" I screamed inside my head with all the strength I got. Nothing came out.

 

I couldn't hear them properly, however it got more and more distinctive as seconds went by.

 

But who were these people? Where was I? My heart was pulsing inside my head, faster and faster.

 

I needed to see them. I focus as much as I could. It took everything I had left to finally managed to open my eyes.

 

As soon as I did, the brightness assaulted me. I couldn't stop blinking, trying to adjust to the light.

 

"She's awake." said a feminine voice. The first I could hear clearly.

 

"Help me!" I screamed again. "Please..."

 

People came closer, hovering over me. Every touch of them hurting me. My heartbeat fastened. My head started spinning. I need help. But not like that.

 

"Please stop.."

 

Through my blurred vision, I was capable to distinguish my surrenders. Fear caught my breath.

 

I was in an hospital bed. What happened to me?

 

Then, I had that one thought. The one who sent me into a panic frenzy. The most important one. The one I should have been able to answer.

 

Who am I?

 

My heart rushed, my mind burned, my body hurt. The voices that spoke to me earlier were now distant murmurs again. The only thing I could do was scream until the pain of a needle shot through my shattered body sent me into the darkness again.

 

 

 

—3rd Person POV—

 

Mr. and Mrs. Yu were waiting in the hallway sitting on chairs that were way too uncomfortable for the number of hours they spent sitting on them. Waiting and waiting. An update after the other.

 

But now, their daughter was finally out of the coma.

 

"I'll try to say this as simple as I can." Gently said the now familiar doctor standing in front of them. "Jimin has no memories of anything that happened in her life, neither does she recognizes people she knew. In other terms, she is amnesic. The good thing is that she is lucid. She has, however, some trouble talking but with time and a good speech coach, it will be fine. Her mental capacity wasn't affected by the accident thankfully."

 

He paused, letting the information sink in, trying to be gentle with them. However, Mr. Yu asked immediately, "And physically? You talked only about her mental state but what about the rest of her body?"

 

"Due to the surgeries, physically she will be in some pain for a while and she also will have a slight limp, her leg was in pretty bad shape following the accident. She'll need reeducation in the beginning. She might as well experience frequent headache in the beginning too."

 

He stopped again, Mrs. Yu's tears rolled silently down her cheeks as Mr. Yu's gaze was lost in the distance again. Their hands tightly holding one another, a rosary in between.

 

"I advise you to go slow with her, her brain injury combined with her amnesia left her emotionally vulnerable. But as you know she is lucky she is even alive after what happened."

 

Mrs. Yu buried her face in her husband's neck bursting into tears. He held her tight. They knew she was lucky. They knew they were lucky. They prayed day and night since the accident and now finally their baby will be fine.

 

"She's gonna be ok." He reassured his wife, patting her back. "She's gonna be ok."

 

 

 

—JIMIN—

 

Two weeks passed since I was out of the hospital.

 

I scanned the room I was in again.

 

I was in my room, though this place still felt foreign to me. Like it was someone else's room and I had invaded their privacy. Yet it was mine or rather the 'me' before the accident.

 

Actually, everything still felt foreign. Since I woke up, it didn't felt like my life. Yes, that girl had my face but her story...everything that people told me about her. I tried so hard to remember but it felt like these memories weren't there in the first place. It happened to someone else, to 'her'. 

 

My parents showed me pictures, told me childhood stories, trying to make me remember but I didn't. I saw the sadness in their eyes every time but I couldn't change it. I politely smiled, telling them that soon maybe I will. That until then we had to create new ones.

 

My siblings, however, were more distant like they were now living alongside a stranger. I didn't see my sister for long, she was in the middle of her first semester in college and she had to leave as soon as I met her. My brother as well didn't seem like the talking type. I didn't learn much about me through them. Neither did I learn more about our relationship.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter