Reason

“No” is not an option!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You told me
Your eyes on me, with flexible gestures
The secret that you hid away
Don't let it out in a hurry
It's time for us to explore each other
The moment we started, we already don't stop
You got a one-way ticket to the top"
~Reason by Kai~

Kai’s eyes had doubled in size. He stared at the cursed boy with a shocked face. Taemin gulped and could not escape his eyes from the delinquent, because he was scared of him. The orange-haired boy clenched his fists and wanted to grab the cursed boy, but his body disobeyed him.

“W- What just happened?!”, he questioned – slowly panicking over the situation – the cursed boy.

Taemin stepped back and just twitched to the loud voice of the delinquent, that echoed in the entire canteen. Luckily, they were still on their own.

“I ing asked you something! Answer me!”, Kai shouted angrily, yet he started to become insecure.

Taemin gulped and was ready to answer him right away, but strangely, his body did not act on its own. He was surprised himself.

“Huh?”, he blinked his eyes – waiting for his curse to activate – and took another step back.

Kai frowned at him and approached him right away, as he realized that the cursed boy wanted to run away.

“You can’t run from me!”, the delinquent added and wanted to touch him, but his hand stopped just an inch before the collar of the cursed boy, “WHAT THE IS GOING ON?! Why can’t I touch you?!”

Taemin shivered and gulped.

“I- I don’t know…”, he whispered, totally intimidated by the delinquent’s attitude, and added with a shaky voice, “I don’t know what happened… But it seems like… you can’t touch me because I- I told you to let me go. You are obeying me now...?”

Kai’s jaw dropped. He needed a second to understand what the cursed boy just had told him. His head spun and he walked backwards and dropped on the wooded bench dramatically. He held his forehead and panted. He was close to panicking.

“Uhm… are you alright?”, Taemin worried about the delinquent – even though he hated that brat – and approached him.

The cursed boy lifted his shaky hand and hesitantly placed it on Kai’s shoulder. The delinquent instantly slapped his hand and hissed to the electrocution. Taemin flinched too.

“It happens… whenever our skins touch…”, he whispered to himself.

The delinquent looked up with a puzzled expression as he could not hear his words clearly. Kai grinded his teeth and slowly got up. He grabbed Taemin’s collar – this time it worked – and the cursed boy flinched.

“What is this?!”, the delinquent yelled at him, “Have you cursed me now?! Why would you curse me?!”

Taemin squinted his eyes and grabbed Kai’s hands on his collar. Both boys hissed again to the stingy sensation, but the cursed boy kept holding him.

“I- I think you lifted my curse…”, he stammered nervously and not quite sure about his assumption, “B- Because I touched your shoulder, my order to let me go broke… L- Let’s test it. Kim Jongin, let me go.”

The delinquent clenched his teeth even tighter and really tried hard to fight against this tingly feeling that rose in his body and his heartbeat that increased too. In the next second, he let go of the cursed boy immediately. Taemin’s and Kai’s eyes doubled in size. They stared at each other, and it was the moment of realization. The tables had turned. The color in the face of the delinquent vanished and he became pale like snow. Taemin gulped and tilted his head with a distrusting expression, as he struggled to believe that he was cured just like that.

“H- How?”, the delinquent stammered a question and sat back on the bench, “I- I can’t be cursed… W- What do I do now?”

Taemin knit his brows in worry. He felt bad for the orange-haired boy, but at the same time he was relieved that the curse was no longer lasting on him.

“T- Type a message to me.”, Taemin suddenly commanded.

He wanted to make sure that the written words of the delinquent did not affect him anymore either. Kai hissed in anger, unwillingly took out his phone and typed a message.

- off, Geek.-

Taemin’s phone pinged. He clenched it tight, took a deep breath and hesitantly opened the message. When he read the text, he first looked at the delinquent with an unimpressed expression and then sighed. Indeed, the text message of the boy did not affect him anymore either.

“Let’s see…”, he said with a low voice and typed a text back, waited for Kai’s phone to receive it and then commanded him to read it.

The delinquent frowned at him and flared his nostrils. He gulped nervously and opened the message.

-Smile a little more, grumpy pumpkin.-

“Who the is a pump-!”, he wanted to scold the cursed boy, but his lips suddenly formed a smile, making Taemin giggle in amusement.

The cursed boy suddenly burst out laughing in front of the orange-haired boy. He patted Kai’s shoulder with an evil smirk.

“Stay away from me.”, he commanded all determined, turned his back at the delinquent and walked away with the fastest steps ever.

Kai’s eyes doubled in size. He gulped in panic and quickly jumped up to follow him.

“Yah!”, he screamed but Taemin just left the building, “Yah! You can’t leave me like this! What do I do now?! Yah!”

The delinquent shivered. Goosebumps covered his entire skin, as students started to enter the huge building. He finally realized that he needed to cover his ears, just like the cursed boy had done. He immediately put both his palms on his ears and ran outside – looking left and right like a paranoid – and searched for his friends. He needed their help, but then suddenly he remembered Taemin’s journal entry.

-Fifth time noticed by my best friend – he nearly made me jump off a roof.-

He startled by the thought of it. What if his friends were no different?

Taemin walked through the front yard. Students passed him into the other direction – breaktime was over –, as they were entering the building one by one. For the first time in his life, he no longer had to fear hearing sounds. Voices. Laughter. Giggles. He could not help but tear up. He felt so much relieved. It felt like a dream, he was afraid of waking up from. He wanted this moment to last long. Forever. He smiled.

“Hey!”, he heard a voice in his back and flinched – it had become a habit – then he turned around and looked the Chanel beauty right in the eyes, “Aren’t you Kai’s friend?”

Taemin gulped. Next to her stood the beanie-princess, he had kissed earlier the day. The cursed boy flinched and lowered his head all ashamed. Lalisa blushed and looked somewhere else too.

“Kai?”, he asked clueless about the nickname of the delinquent.

Jennie frowned and suddenly slapped him. The cursed boy flinched but kept his posture. He gulped and his cheek started to itch like crazy. The Chanel beauty slapped him again. And still, Taemin remained with his eyes fixed on the ground.

“Because of your assault on my best friend, I got kissed today!”, Jennie yelled at him.

Lalisa fidgeted with her hands and blushed even more. She felt ashamed about it. Taemin slowly lifted his head and looked Jennie in the beautiful brown eyes. He had an apologetic expression on his face, yet he looked very handsome and pretty at the same time. Jennie took a step back as she got intimidated by his perfect looks.

“I- I’m sorry…”, he apologized and bowed to her.

Right when he straightened himself, he spotted Kai, who approached them with his ears covered. Taemin’s eyes doubled in size, and he quickly turned around to run away. Again.

“Yah!”, Jennie shouted – totally confused by the strange behavior of the cursed boy – and then she turned to her friend - noticed her brother approaching them – and added quickly, “Let’s go inside.”

Lalisa nodded and just when she turned around, Kai arrived.

“J- Jennie! You have to help me! I- I- I-!”, he was close to loosing his sanity, and grabbed the hands of his sister, “Please, please help me!”

Jennie was too pissed. She looked at him with despise in her eyes.

“I told you to stay away from me! Leave me alone!”, she yelled at him, shook his hands off, grabbed Lalisa’s wrist and dragged her towards the building.

The delinquent wanted to run after her, but his body disobeyed. His eyes doubled in size once again. He had heard her order.

“S- !”, he cussed in panic and grabbed his phone.

He hastily dialed the number of his siter, because he wanted her to release him from that order – otherwise he could not protect her from the seniors – but unfortunately Jennie hung up on him right away. The delinquent tousled his orange hair in total anger. He kicked a bench and hissed all annoyed by his situation.

“Mr. Kim?”, he suddenly heard the voice of the hot professor behind him and automatically turned around, as she added, “Why are you not in your classes yet?”

Kai looked left and right, smiled – although he seemed distressed – and told her that he needed a quick breather. She suddenly bit her lower lip and winked at him – a sign as an ual offer –, which made the delinquent gulp and fight his inner conflict. He wanted to give it to her badly as he was stressed and needed to cool off in anyway possible, but he feared that she would command things which he could not escape easily because of the curse.

“Don’t you want to spend some time with me today? Aren’t you happy with your parking lot?”, she questioned him, as the orange-haired boy hesitated.

Kai shook his head from left to right and told her that he needed to attend his classes. She was surprised to hear that – normally the delinquent gave a about his classes and rather attended detention – and sulked.

“Alright then, go to your classes.”, she said with a cute smile and left the front yard.

Kai clenched his fists and grinded his teeth.

“ARGH!”, he screamed as the tingling feeling in his body rose and his heart raced like crazy.

He went straight inside the building, walked down the hallway, and entered the auditorium. He took place next to his best friends who were surp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter