hungover

enchanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

enjoy

-

The next morning, Karina is awaken by Irene’s voice. She groans, already feeling a pounding headache. 

“Are you always this irresponsible? What would have happened if I weren’t here last night, Karina?” Irene sounds mad and Karina only rolls her eyes. 

“You’re already never here, remember? I can take care of myself just fine. Now leave, my head’s gonna explode”, she scoffs, hiding her head back under the pillow.

“You’re so immature, Karina. I left some pills on the nightstand. I’m going out”, Irene shakes her head disapprovingly as she exits her sister’s bedroom. 

Karina waits to hear the front door open and close and she finally lifts her head and looks around. She throws the covers off her body and reaches for the two pills on her nightstand like Irene said, she really needs them.

“She suddenly cares”, she scoffs again, feeling bitter. She takes the pills to and gulps them down with water.

She doesn’t feel like going back to bed despite the still pounding in her head. She takes her phone instead and checks her notifications, choosing to reply to the interesting ones.

Her eyes scan the unexpectedly multiple messages until she stops at Giselle’s.

“Dayoung? What the hell”, she frowns, suddenly remembering everything from last night. She quickly starts typing a reply, making sure to let Giselle know nothing happened.

Just as she presses send, a new notification pops up and Karina’s frown grows even deeper.

Winter just cancelled their dinner date.

Hey, so umm I can’t come to dinner tonight. Sorry. 

Karina reads the text in her mind as if it’s the craziest thing ever.

She stays like that for a long moment. Why does this feel so sudden? Did she make her uncomfortable last night? Did she say something out of line? Did she- no. No. No. No. 

“”, Karina hits the bed with her fist. “God, I’m so stupid”.

She was drunk last night but she still remembers everything, it’s coming back to her. She looks at the time of Giselle’s text and she just has put two and two together and assume she is right. Winter saw Giselle’s text.

Karina isn’t sure why the thought of Winter seeing that makes her feel upset. She feels the need to let Winter know she didn’t do anything with that girl. She feels so stupid too.

Taking a look at the time, Karina realizes she can still see Winter at school. She needs to know why she’s not coming.

She jumps out of bed, ignoring the terrible headache and body ache, and quickly gets in the shower. 

-

Karina is walking like a madwoman but she doesn’t care, she needs to find Winter. She’s been walking around for five minutes or so and she still can’t find the girl.

Not long after she spots Yeonjun not far away from where she is and so she walks in his direction. 

“Yeonjun”, she calls, clearing .

The guy looks up and instead of giving her his usual friendly smile, he looks at her with a small frown, his eyebrow slightly raised.

“Yoo”, he answers, leaning back on the wall.

Karina ignores the strange reaction and focuses on what she came for. “Have you seen Winter? I need to talk to her, it’s important”.

“I haven’t seen her”, his answer is dry and he crosses his arms. “I’m not sure if she’s here at all”.

Karina sighs tiredly. “Do you know if she’s mad at me? She cancelled our dinner date and I don’t know why”, she runs her fingers through her hair, a clear sigh she’s frustrated.

Yeonjun stares at her for a few seconds, eyeing her up and down until he sighs in defeat. She looks too worried in his opinion. “She’s probably near the C building, she’s always there with Ningning”, he doesn’t know if he did right but the way Karina’s eyes light up makes him feel better.

“Thank you!”

Karina almost runs in that direction, silently hoping Winter is indeed there. She’s already sweating and feeling out of breath, maybe she needs to start working out.

She keeps up the same pace. A part of her feels dumb for going out of her way to clear something up that she isn’t even if sure she’s right of. 

Then, a minute later, she has to stop. She takes a deep breath and leans on the wall to compose herself.

“”, she sighs. The hungover is worse than she thought. 

Karina suddenly feels like throwing up and something just doesn’t feel right. She hates drinking like crazy because of things like this. It’s ruining her chance to talk to Winter. 

With a groan, Karina forces herself to keep walking, just slower this time. She needs an answer no matter what. 

-

Winter saw Karina coming from a distance. She’s sure the girl didn’t see her and she wanted to run away but Ningning made her stay.

At first she wasn’t sure of wanting to talk to her, it made her anxious. But now there’s a frown on her face. 

Karina looks different. She wasn’t even that far when she saw her and Winter noticed something wrong.

She’s watching the way Karina looks like she’s struggling and she wants to go help her. 

“Is she okay? Oh -“ Ningning opens her eyes almost at the same time as Winter.

Both girls watch the way Karina stops and a second later she’s throwing up right on the floor. Winter doesn’t think twice before she’s running to her, worry written all over her face. She hurries to get to her and when she does, she’s not grossed out by the view and takes Karina’s hand, guiding her to a bench. 

Both girls sit and Winter’s worry increases when she sees how pale Karina looks. 

She reaches in her backpack and takes out a tissue. She says nothing but she wipes the remains of vomit from Karina’s face.

The older girl groans a little and lets her head fall on Winter’s shoulder. The latter tenses up at the proximity between them, She still feels awkward about last night. 

“I’m sorry”, she hears Karina say in a small voice. 

“What are you sorry for?” She doesn’t think Karina knows why she feels the way she feels. 

“I don’t know. I feel like ”, Winter bites her lip. Karina is probably talking about vomiting. 

“Let’s just take you home”, she stands up, making Karina lift her head. “Did you drive all the way here?” 

Karina nods and it makes Winter sigh. “Give me your keys, you cannot drive like this”.

The older girl simply reaches into her pocket and hands Winter her car keys. 

“My head is pounding so much”, Karina places two fingers on her temples as they start walking. 

“It’s probably the hangover, you must be dehydrated”.

They walk in silence with Winter looking at Karina every now and then from peripheral vision, not wanting the taller girl to know she is that worried.

Once they finally get into Karina’s car, the first thing Karina does is lay down on the passenger seat, reclining it all the way down. She lets out a groan and closes her eyes. 

Winter watches her from the driver’s seat and while she worries about Karina, she’s more nervous about driving her car. This thing looks insanely expensive, she’s scared of causing even the slightest scratch to it. 

She starts the car and she’s so glad the GPS on the screen shows the route to Karina’s house. Winter takes a quick look to Karina who still has her eyes closed.

She can’t help but think she looks gorgeous, especially with her messy hair that makes Winter want to ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter