coffee

enchanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

enjoy. 
-

“Hey there, stranger”, Winter gets startled when someone poking her side. She turns around and covers . 

There she is, standing right next to her with that stupid smile of hers that makes Winter’s knees all wobbly. Stupid Karina Yoo. 

“H-Hey, you scared me. What are you doing here?” She looks around as if that would answer her question. It’s just that she has never spent time with Karina, so why is she suddenly showing up at her locker?

Karina presses her lips together, humming. “Well, I just felt like it. I saw your friend and asked for you, otherwise I wouldn’t have found you”.

Winter reminds herself to appear uninterested and calm and not like she’s internally screaming. Karina looked for her, really? It sounds to good to be true.

“Missed me that much?” Winter raises an eyebrow, smiling innocently. 

Karina laughs, shaking her head. “Yeah, right. Where are you heading to?”

Winter looks down at the notebook in her hands. “Class, of course”.

“Silly me”, Karina rolls her eyes playfully. “I mean, shall we walk to your class? I have a free period right now”.

Winter doesn’t need to think twice before she’s nodding her head. She starts leading the way down the hall and out of the building. Her class is only a three minute walk or so.

She decides not to look up at Karina if she doesn’t want to show how much she’s enjoying her presence, but her heart stops beating when she feels Karina’s hand grabbing her arm to link it with hers. Winter looks at their arms and then at Karina but the older doesn’t say anything and keeps looking ahead. 

Does she know what she’s doing to Winter’s heart? Sure, it’s a harmless action but any physical contact makes Winter’s heart go crazy. Karina is so close Winter can smell her perfume and God- she smells so damn good. Winter wonders what it would be like to wear one of her shirts.

“When are you free to go home?” Karina suddenly asks, turning her head to Winter.

“Two more classes and I’ll be done for the day. What about you?”

“Ah, that’s good. I have one class after this free period and then I’ll be done too”, Winter bites her lip when Karina looks at her with a smirk.

“What?” She laughs nervously.

“I was thinking maybe we could go for a coffee after school, you can bring your friends if you want”.

No way, she doesn’t want to share Karina with anyone else.

“Oh sure, that would be nice but my friends don’t get out till late”. 

“Then it’ll be just you and me then”, Karina’s smile looks just a tad bit arrogant but Winter finds her hot.

Karina unlinks their arms once Winter stops walking. 

“Well, make sure you pay attention and text me once you’re done”, she winks in her direction and Winter forces an unimpressed laugh.

“Alright, you take care”, she rolls her eyes before she turns around, walking inside the classroom. 

Karina watches her with a smile, biting her lip.

-

“Did Karina Yoo just walk you to class?” Ningning whisper yells, grabbing Winter’s arm the moment she sits down next to her.

Winter bites her lip for a second before she breaks into a huge smile. “I know, I know, I can’t believe it. It’s so silly but she literally walked up to me and told me she was looking for me. Was it you who told her?”

Ningning shakes her head. “I had no idea, oh my God. That has to mean something, who looks for someone just like that? She probably likes you too”. 

Both girls intertwine their hands and jump in their seats excitedly, ignoring the weird stares they know they’re getting.

“And I haven’t even told you about our dinner date”, Winter holds back from screaming like a little girl. 

“You totally have to tell me after school, let’s go to your house”.

“I would love to but I can’t. Karina asked me if I wanted to go get coffee after school, she said I could invite my friends but I told her they’ll be busy”, she smiles proudly at her lie, laughing when Ningning slaps her arm.

“You but I can’t blame you, though. If Chenle asked me the same thing you wouldn’t be included in the plans”, she shrugs, chuckling along with Winter.

“She’s literally so perfect, Ning”, Winter sighs, leaning her head on the seat in front of her. She can’t stop thinking about Karina. All day every day her mind is filled with her beautiful face and her gorgeous smile. She could stare at her without getting tired, she’s not even joking.

“Yeah, yeah I know she’s all dreamy but still take care of your little heart, okay?” Ningning pokes her arms, half joking. 

Winter smiles, looking at her friend. “I know, Ning. But anyways, tell me about you and Chenle now”.

-

Winter thinks she can get used to occupying the passenger seat on Karina’s car.

This time Winter allows herself to look more at Karina as she drives and she can’t help but let her mind drift to other places. She has to stop herself from going there, though.

She feels like a hormonal teenager but she can’t help it. Karina makes her mind and body react like that.

Today’s a little colder than usual but she likes it, she’s always been a fan of the cold season and nothing like grabbing a hot cup of coffee. Even better if it’s with the girl she likes. It’s a good day.

When Karina parks right outside a the place, Winter takes a look at it unsure if she’s seen it or been there before.

“Do you come here often?” She asks, chuckling to herself when she realizes she sounds like those guys trying to flirt at clubs.

“Yes, I do actually. Although I usually just pick up my order”, Karina smiles, opening the door for both.

Winter mumbles a shy ‘thank you’ and walks in first. The smell of fresh coffee fills her nostrils and she sighs contently, it puts her in such a good mood.

She turns her head to look at Karina and it’s a wonderful sight to her. The girl is wearing a long coat that makes her look even more dreamy, like those protagonists she sees in dramas. It’s kind of embarrassing for Winter to admit that to herself, but her mind can’t help it.

When Karina smiles at her and extends her hand, Winter doesn’t hesitate to take it. Is it her or everything she’s been doing with Karina feels like some sort of romantic date?

“What are you having? I’ll go order at the front”, Karina points behind her after Winter takes a seat.

“Oh just... I don’t know, what are you having?” She bites her lip, her mind going blank the moment Karina asked that question.

“I’m just getting a latte, nothing fancy”.

Winter purses her lips together. “I’ll get one too”, she plays with her hands under the table.

“Alright, I won’t take long”, Karina winks at her before walking away.

Winter watches her with a dumb smile on her lips. Even the way Karina walks is cute. Everything Winter has gotten to know and notice about Karina is either adorable or attractive to her.

She watches Karina walk up to the counter. She drums her fingers on the surface as she leans forward and that’s when Winter’s smile fades and instead her eyebrow crease.

Karina is leaning a bit too close to the girl behind the counter and when she laughs at something Karina said, Winter decides to turn her head.

She looks out the window, seeing that snow has started to fall. Normally she would be excited about it but right now she’s confused. She knows she shouldn’t feel like this, it’s not like there’s anything between her and Karina but she didn’t like seeing her flirt with that girl. She remembers Karina said she comes often and Winter wonders if she also has a thing with her.

“Don’t be stupid, Winter”, she sighs to herself, running a hand down her face.

Maybe she’s letting her feelings for Karina develop too fast, she shouldn’t feel like this. Maybe she wasn’t even flirting and Winter is acting silly but the worst part is that if she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter