karina

enchanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

enjoy. 
 

-

Winter really doesn’t like parties. She doesn’t enjoy socializing and entertaining people she’s not interested in. 

If she’s here it’s because her brother forced her to come, insisting that she needs to get out more or she’ll regret not living before she turns 30.

It’s silly because she recently turned 19. There’s still time before she’s 30.

Stupid Yeonjun.

And of course as expected, the moment they arrived, Yeonjun ran to his friends leaving her alone. Not before he handed her a red cup filled with some liquid she had no idea what it was. How considerate of him.

Now here she is, sitting alone and probably looking stupid. Ugh, she just wants to go home, seriously. She really feels dumb and awkward, and she just took a sip of her drink and it was the worst taste ever. She doesn’t want to know what’s in it anymore.

“Hey”, oh no. Winter does not want to turn her head. It’s a guy and he probably just wants to flirt, God no.

“Hi”, well, she’s not rude. She’ll just politely turn him down the moment he tries anything.

“I noticed you’ve been by yourself for a while”, he stops and scratches his head, chuckling. “I’m sorry, that probably sounded creepy. I didn’t mean it like that”.

Okay, maybe he’s not entirely an , boy wannabe.

Winter shakes her head. “It’s okay, I know it’s probably pretty obvious”.

“Which is why I came to invite you to join me and my friends, if you want. I’m not trying to hit on you, I promise”, he’s kind of cute.

“Who are your friends?” Winter takes a big gulp of her drink, not really knowing why.

“They’re over there”, she looks in the direction he’s pointing and the first person she notices is Yeonjun. Hmm, interesting. She’s never known any of her brother’s friends. 

It’s not like she has anything else to do, so she agrees. “Sure, let’s go”.

Winter follows the guy closely to not get lost.

“I’m Jaemin, by the way”, the guy smiles as they get to the table.

They all wave but no one asks anything and Winter is glad. Yeonjun simply winks at her when he sees Jaemin take a seat next to her.

Winter looks around the table in a subtle way. Her eyes analyze each person and then she sees her.

Her breath hitches and she quickly puts the cup she’s holding up to , as if it served as a shield.

Who is that?

The girl isn’t even looking at her, she’s laughing at something one girl said. Winter feels her heart beat fast and her cheeks flushing. That’s literally the prettiest girl Winter has ever seen.

She has dark hair that reaches just a little above her shoulders and Winter notices how sharp her jaw looks when she turns her head to the side. She can’t quite make out the colors due to the purple light illuminating the whole club but she guesses the lipstick she’s wearing is red. 

God, Winter wishes she was sitting next to her. She suddenly feels nervous.

Winter is not sure for how long she’s been staring at her but the girl suddenly looks in her direction and Winter turns her head to avoid her eyes, scared of the reaction that might have on her. 

She looks down at her cup and gulps before drinking the remains of the liquid, grimacing as her tongue tastes the bitter flavor.

“You might wanna slow down there”, she hears Jaemin laughing next to her. “That’s Jeno’s secret drink, don’t ask how he managed to sneak it in but he did. Who even gave you that?” 

Winter has no idea who Jeno is but the most important thing is,

“How do you know?”

Jaemin seems to think about it for a second and then he laughs nervously, again. “Ah, well we’re the only ones with red cups. Everyone else is drinking from a glass”, he says as he looks around, pointing at tables with glasses on them.

Winter nods. “So what? Do you guys have like privileges here?” She raises an eyebrow, genuinely curious. Although she doesn’t understand why red cups are better than glasses.

“Nah”, he clicks his tongue. “Well, maybe thanks to Chenle, I’m not sure”.

Another name Winter can’t put a face on. 

“I see”.

Winter subtly turns her eyes in the direction of the unknown girl and her heart skips a bit when she sees she’s taking a shot. almost waters at the sight of the alcohol dripping down her chin, and the way she’s holding the shot glass is really attractive to her. When she spots the rings on her fingers, Winter is close to fainting. She really needs to know who that girl is.

There’s no way someone can be that hot and beautiful.

Winter is completely mesmerized.

She looks around the table and stops when she sees Yeonjun. She waits for him to feel her eyes on him and luckily for her, it works and Yeonjun is giving her a weird look from his seat.

She muttens with her head to the side, telling him she needs to talk to him. 

The older guy rolls his eyes but stands up, already walking away from the table. 

“I’ll be right back”, Winter smiles at Jaemin and the guy quickly stands up to let Winter through. He waves at her rather awkwardly and Winter chuckles when he sees him close his eyes, probably realizing what he did.

Winter approaches her brother and takes his arm, immediately dragging him to the restroom area, where the music isn’t as loud.

“What?” Yeonjun crosses his arms. “Can’t you see I’m busy? I was about to get Lia’s number”.

“Whatever, you can get back to that later. I need a favor”, she crosses her arms as well. Anyone that doesn’t know them would probably think they’re a couple arguing. “You owe me”, she says before he can say no.

Yeonjun sighs. “Fine. What is it? If it’s about Jaemin, don’t worry I’m sure you’ll have his number by the end of the night. He hasn’t taken his eyes off you”.

Winter frowns. “No, it’s not about him. I want to know who’s the girl with the black strapless top”.

The smirk that forms on Yeonjun’s lips annoys Winter immediately.

“No way you set your eyes on her. Ah, well I can’t blame you. Everyone’s into her”, he leans against the wall, giggling.

“Shut up. Do you know her or not?” She’s not in the mood to put up with his jokes.

“Of course. She’s kind of new, she just transferred this semester”, he clicks his tongue. “Her name’s Karina”.

Winter wants to ask if he knows if she likes girls or if she’s single but doesn’t say anything.

She just hopes she’s available.

“Karina”, she repeats, a small smile forming on her lips. Even her name is pretty.

“God, you’re too gay”, Yeonjun rolls his eyes, pretending to be annoyed.

“Shut up, you’re a ”, she pushes him lightly.

His jokes weren’t going to ruin her mood. Her mind can’t stop thinking about Karina. She can’t believe it, she only saw her for a few minutes and she’s already in her mind. 

Maybe she is actually too gay.

“Okay, that’s it. You can go back to hunt Lia, I’ll go to the toilet”, she waves at him, not even waiting for a response as she walks into the ladies’ room.

Winter stands in front of the sink and looks at her reflection. , she wishes she would’ve dressed up nicer. She’s wearing a simple navy blue dress and her makeup isn’t too eye-catching. 

Winter fixes her hair,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter