Chapter 6

Murder, Murder

 

“Good morning Minho” Honki said as Minho woke up.

  “Good morning Honki, how are you this morning?” Minho asked in a sleepy tone.

  “Great! Seunghyun and I spent the whole night just talking, it was nice” Honki said dreamily.

  “I know. You guys kept me awake all night”

  “We did? Sorry about that”

  “It’s fine. It seems like Seunghyun has been opening up to you” Minho said warmly.

  “I noticed and I also noticed that I’ve been opening up to him a lot too. Maybe I’ll even gain the courage to tell him how I feel” Honki said truthfully.

  “You have to tell him exactly how you feel. Just know that I’m here to help. I know what it’s like to love someone and not being with them and trust me it’s the worst feeling” Minho said passionately.

  Suddenly the door opened and Kiseop stepped in, his eyes landing on Minho.

 
“Choi Minho, you have a visitor” he announced “Be careful in there and you can call me if you need me” He whispered to someone behind him.

  Kiseop moved aside revealing Taemin. Taemin stepped into the room, his gaze fixed on the love of his life.

  “Taemin?” Minho said in disbelief.

  “Minho” Taemin said back before being brought into a warm hug by his hyung.

  “I missed you so much” Minho said pulling Taemin into a sweet kiss.

  At this point Taemin had tears in his eyes. Minho was soothing Taemin and once Taemin had regained his breathe he said “Sorry I just missed you so much and I love you”

  “I love you too Taeminnie” Minho said lovingly.

  “So is this Taemin, your one and only?” Honki asked with awe.

  “Yes” Minho said proudly. “Taemin, this is Honki, Seunghyun and Bob” Taemin gave Minho a confused look before finally understanding.

  “It’s nice to meet you Honki, Seunghyun and Bob” He said politely.

  “Bob doesn’t like you” Seunghyun stated.

  Honki was taken aback at what Seunghyun had said about Taemin. Honki knows that Bob is only a figment of Seunghyun’s imagination and he wasn’t letting this slide.

  “Seunghyun that’s not nice”

  “It’s okay” Taemin said to Honki.

  “No it’s not okay! Seunghyun, I’m sick of Bob!! You should be paying your attention to me! Excuse me for being selfish but I love you Seunghyun” Honki said in an outburst.

  Taemin’s mouth was agape, Minho was smiling an all-knowing smile and Seunghyun was stunned. He had never known Honki to be so straightforward. He had no idea of the feelings Honki had toward him and he had no idea of the feelings he had for Honki.

  “Honki?” Seunghyun said walking over to where Honki sat on the edge of the bed.

  “Just leave me alone ok? I know your always gonna be too busy with Bob to even look at me so I give up” Honki said, defeated.

  “But I don’t want to leave you alone. I never want to leave you alone. You just made me realise how much I love you, Honki. Bob can wait because now I wanna spend all my life with you” Seunghyun confessed.

  Honki looked up at Seunghyun and smiled. Seunghyun almost fainted at the sight of Honki’s angelic smile. “I love you Seunghyun”

  “I love you too Honki”

  And after those three words were exchanged Bob was long forgotten.

  ~A couple of minuted later~

  “Minho, I’m scared” Taemin said suddenly.

  “Why are you scared Taemin?” Minho asked concerned.

  “I really didn’t want to tell you this, I didn’t want to cause you to worry but I hit Key over the head with a lamp and now he’s really angry, he threatened me and stormed out of the house. I’m scared that when I go home after visiting hours he’ll be there” Taemin said frightened.

  “Taemin if he tries to do anything to you I promise I’ll be there to save you”

  “You promise?”

  Minho nodded “And you know I always keep promises”

  “Your too good for me” Taemin said.

  “Nobody’s too good for my Taemin” Minho said placing a soft kiss on Taemin’s plush lips.

  “Visiting hours are over” Kiseop said as he entered the room.

  Taemin stood and hugged Minho as tight as he could, never wanting to let go but knowing he had too. They shared their goodbyes and Taemin left for home, scared out of his mind and shaking in his own skin.   

He walked up to the door of the house and saw that there were no lights on at home. Does this mean that nobody is home?

  He slowly opened the door and flicked on all the lights, checking each room in the process. There seemed to be no one home so he made himself a nice dinner and settled into bed.

  Halfway through the night he was awoken by a noise. He opened his eyes but to his disadvantage he couldn’t see a thing. All he could do was stare into the darkness. As he was staring into the darkness he heard groaning and mumbling along with footsteps.

  “Hello?” He called out, immediately regretting it.

  “Taemin?” Key’s voice said back.

  After hearing Key’s voice Taemin was relieved up until he remembered how mad Key had been just hours before. Taemin suddenly felt weight hit the bed right next to him.

  “Goodnight Taemin” He heard Key said before Key’s breath evened out.

  That’s it? No ? No beating? No yelling?

  The rest of that night Taemin didn’t sleep in fear that Key would wake up and hurt him.

   ~Meanwhile at the FBI agency place~

  “Where IS Leeteuk?” Onew asked Jonghyun.

  “I don’t know. He said he would be here in at least an hour and It’s been 3” Jonghyun said.

  “We can’t have a meeting without Leeteuk” Onew sighed.

  “I’ll try his mobile again” Jonghyun said, dialling their bosses number and holding the phone up to his ear, only to have the phone ring out again.

  “Jonghyun, this isn’t like Leeteuk and didn’t he teach us to assume the worst?”  

  “What, are you saying he’s been murdered?” Jonghyun asked, shocked.

  “I am” Onew said grimly. “We gotta go search for his body”

  “What if it was Kibum?” Jonghyun asked, scared.

  “I’m assuming it was. Remember Leeteuk told us about the party. Key got really drunk so Leeteuk had to leave him there. What if Key was getting his revenge and taking out his anger on Leeteuk?” Onew said.

  “What? So the guy murders people when he’s angry?”

  “I think so. Where did Leeteuk say he was when you called him last?”

  “He said he was walking home along the back route of the city” Jonghyun recalled.

  “Well that’s convenient, Leeteuk was walking through the only parts of town where someone can murder you and get away with it” Onew said sarcastically.

  “Well lets go search the area” Jonghyun said, leaving for the back alleys with Onew in tow.

  …

   “Here he is! I found him” Jonghyun called out, shining his flashlight on a dead body.

  Onew walked over to where Jonghyun stood and chocked on a sob. “It looks pretty fresh, maybe a couple of hours ago”

  Jonghyun had a solemn look on his face. He couldn’t believe his boss was breathing just over an hour ago and now he just lay there motionless on the pavement.

  “Looks like the murderer was in a hurry. It seems as if they just needed a bag of meat to take their anger out on” Jonghyun commented.

  “Wait a second, take a close look at the wounds” Onew said pointing at the bullet wounds on Leeteuk’s chest.

  “What about them?” Jonghyun asked, dumbfounded.

  “There obviously from the same type of guns we own and only detectives get these guns and look at the shell” Onew said picking one of the shells up from the ground.

  “Exactly the same as ours” Jonghyun said, grasping the idea.

  “Which can only mean one thing. The murderer is either us or Key”

  “I didn’t do it” Jonghyun said, eyeing Onew suspiciously “Maybe it was you”

  “How could it have been me?! I was with you the whole time! I’m obviously pointing out that we have proof that it was Key”

  “Ohhh! I totally knew that!!” Jonghyun said.

  “We’re gonna have to call the police and tell them everything we know” Onew explained.

  “And we should warn Taemin as well” Jonghyun said.

  “I’ll call Taemin and you alert the police” Onew directed.

  ….

  *ring ring*

  Taemin and Key were awoken by the phone and Taemin picked it up.

  “Hello?” Taemin said as politely as he could at 3:00 in the morning.

  “Hello, this is Onew from the FBI”

  “Hi. Is there anything you need”

  “Yes I’m here to warn you that we now have proof that your boyfriend is the murderer”

  “Key’s the murderer?!?” Taemin shouted, immediately regretting what he had shouted because Key was well within hearing distance.

  Key snatched the phone off Taemin and slammed it against the wall, shattering it into a million pieces.

  “You’re really the murderer aren’t you?” Taemin asked quietly.

 “Can’t believe it took you this long to figure it out and you didn’t even find out for yourself. Gosh you’re an idiot” Key growled. “And now that you know  I can’t let you go around telling everyone can I?”

  “I won’t tell. Please just don’t hurt me” Taemin whimpered.

  “Who said I was going to hurt you?” Key said slyly, pulling out a gun from his pocket.

  Taemin’s breath hitched and he couldn’t move.

  Key pointed the gun in Taemin’s direction, a malicious smile on his dark and mysterious face. He was ready to shoot Taemin, he had no choice and besides It would be fun.

  Taemin’s last thoughts ran through his head. He thought of Minho. Minho’s smile, Minho’s warm embrace, Minho’s strong manly scent. He made his last wish, for Minho hyung to be happy, even without Taemin. He wished for Minho to stay strong and live a long life fall of fulfilment but he wanted Minho to remember him forever. And he wished for Minho to meet with him in the future…

  …

CLIFFHANGER!!! BAAHAHAHAHA I’m almost as evil as Key is in this fanfic! >.<