Chapter 3

Murder, Murder

 

  “Who the hell do you think you are” Key growled.

  “A man who is in love” Minho replied, looking over at Taemin fondly.

  “There’s no such thing as love and Taemins mine” Key snapped, pushing Minho further away from Taemin.

  Taemin tried to get up and help Minho but he had already got up and began heading toward the door.

  “Think yourself as lucky Key because Taemin is an amazing person” Minho said, giving Taemin a brief loving smile, before leaving the house.

  “Glad he’s gone” Key sighed before running a hand up Taemin’s thigh.

  “Key, stop” Taemin pleaded, fidgeting uncomfortably under Key’s touch.

  “I’ll stop when I want to stop” Key said casually sticking his fingers inside of Taemin…

 

  THE NEXT DAY…

  That morning Taemin woke early and went down stairs to cook Key’s breakfast. He could barely move from what Key had done to him the night before. A few minutes later Key walked down stairs with a smirk on his face.

  “Is that eggs and bacon I smell”

  “Yes” Taemin replied absent mindedly, his thoughts completely on Minho.

  “Good” Key said eating his breakfast and leaving before Taemin could even notice he had been there.

  Taemin sighed before cleaning the dishes and deciding to call Minho.

 

  “Hey Key, wait up” asked someone behind Key as he was walking down the halls of the agency.

  Key stopped and turned around to see his boss, Leeteuk, running after him.

  “Oh uh, sorry boss. What’s up?”

  “I just needed an update on your case. Any suspects yet?” Leeteuk said panting.

  “A few”

  “Oh really? Who?”

  “Well there’s this one guy who matched up with my research. His names Choi Minho. But until there’s an interrogation I’ll keep my eye on him” Key said in his serious detective voice.

  “Great well I’ll see you around” Leeteuk said before hurrying off to do more important things.

 

  MEANWHILE…

  *Taemin had convinced Minho to come over and see him again.*

  “Minho, never leave” Taemin whispered, while snuggled close to Minho on the sofa.

  “Taemin, you know I have to leave before Key comes” Minho replied, Taemins face.

  “Yeah, I know. I love…”

  Taemin’s voice was cut off by the phone ringing. He got up, leaving Minho and picked up the phone with a sigh and listened to the other end.

  “Taemin, it’s me Key” said a voice on the other end.

  “Umm, what is it”

  “You know the case I’ve been working on right?”

  “Yeah”

  “Well my main suspect is Minho. I want you to stay away from him ok”

  “Key, don’t be ridiculous. Minho’s not a murderer”

  “Everything points to him Taemin”

  “I don’t believe you” Taemin snapped “Minho’s not like that”

  “Taemin, I’m a professional. I know what I’m doing and Minho is to be interrogated tomorrow. You should keep in touch with him by phone or something to make sure he doesn’t hurt anyone else. And don’t let him touch you”

  “Umm… ok. But I know he didn’t do it” Taemin said, as if trying to reassure himself.

  “Yeah sure. See you later” Key said hanging up with a suspicious looking smirk.

 

  Taemin hung up the phone with shaky hands and slowly walked back into the lounge room. Minho was sitting in the same place with a warm, kind-hearted smile plastered on his face. Taemin melted like putty at the sight but then he remembered what Key had told him just a few moments before. He had no idea who to believe anymore.

  “Taemin, are you ok?” Minho asked with worry filled eyes.

  Taemin, caught off guard by his question said “No, just leave me alone”

  Taemin immediately covered his mouth, realising what he had said.

  “Sorry Hyung. I-I-I didn’t mean that” Taemin whispered suddenly shaking with sobs.

  Minho gently put his arms around Taemin’s waist, letting Taemin’s head rest on his broad shoulders.

  “Shh, it’s ok I’m here for you” Minho said rocking the slightly calmer Taemin.

  “I love you Minho, so much” Taemin said into Minho’s shoulder blade.

  “I love you too Tae baby. Whatever it is that’s bothering you, you know you can tell me ok”

  “Well, it’s-it’s Key”

  “What did he do to you? Are you hurt?”

  “No, it’s something he said” Taemin admitted before Minho gave him a go on  look. “He told me that you murdered someone. You’re the prime suspect for the case and your to be interrogated tomorrow”

  Minho sat there taking it all in.

  “Minho, please don’t leave me, I know you didn’t do it. You wouldn’t, would you?” Taemin said in a panicked tone.

  “Taemin look at me” Minho said, trying to calm his dongsaeng down. “Taemin I’m not leaving. I have nothing to run from. I didn’t do it Taemin, you have to trust me”

  “I-I think I believe you Minho Hyung. You would never lie to me”

  Minho smiled at what Taemin had said. “I never lie. I promise” he said before pulling the adorable Maknae into a long chaste kiss.

  “Well, I better get going. I need some sleep if I’m going to be interrogated tomorrow” Minho said, pulling away from Taemin.

  “Ok” Taemin said. “But call me before you go to bed ok”

  “I’ll call, I promise” Minho said before giving Taemin one last longing kiss and heading out the door.

  Taemin let out groan before hitting his head repeatedly against the arm of the sofa.

  “Who the hell am I supposed to believe, Minho is so sweet and I know he loves me but Key is a detective and he’s smart”… Taemin screamed in frustration before deciding he deserved a shower.

 

  “You lose! Now you have to eat it”

  “The whole thing?”

  “Yes the whole thing”

  “What is it anyway?” Onew complained looking at the bowl full of mashed up food.

  Onew and Jonghyun were at work, bludging as usual playing a game of dare. Onew refused to run through the FBI agency so now he has to suffer the consequences.

  “Onew, even I don’t know what that stuff is. But you have to eat it, it’s the rules” Jonghyun said with a look of pure entertainment written on his face.

  “I guess your right…” Onew said slowly scanning the room for some sort of distraction.

  He spotted Key over at the coffee machine. He’s even talk to Key to get out of eating that crap and barely no one talked to Key unless they absolutely had to since everyone found Key a little weird.

  “Hey Key how are you” Onew said in his colleagues general direction.

  “What the hell are you doing?” Jonghyun whispered before Key walked up to where they were sitting.

  “What do you want” Key asked, cautious of the fact that he had hardly even talked to these Hyungs before.

  “Nothing, nothing. I was just wandering how that case of yours was going” Onew said casually.

  “Well, I’ve found a main suspect and he is to be interrogated first thing tomorrow. I’m actually really confident he’s the guy responsible for the murder” Key answered, on edge because of the fact they brought up his case.

  “Who’s the suspect?” Jonghyun butted in.

  “Choi Minho, he’s a really bad tempered guy. He’s the definition of a murderer” Key replied, trying to sound cool.

  “Choi Minho? You’re talking about the Choi Minho from around here right?” Onew asked, intrigued.

  “Yeah, how do you know him?”

  “Minho and I were friends back in highschool, he’s not bad tempered at all” Onew said with a puzzled look on his face.

  “Well, I guess people change” Key rebutted.

  “Yeah, what a shame. He was a great friend” Onew whispered just above hearing range.

  Suddenly Onew started to remember all the great times he had with Minho back in highschool. But one memory stood out a lot more than the rest.

  *Flashback*

  ”Come on Minho. Just this one period”

  “But what if we get caught?”

  “Then we run like hell” Onew said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

  “Onew… I dunno” Minho said, torn between going to class or skipping with Onew.

  “Come on. Who really wants to go to math anyway?”

  “Not me. But I can’t just skip out on it”

  “Looks like someone’s a chicken. If you don’t skip with me I could eat you Minho” Onew teased.

  Minho gave a light hearted chuckle before finally agreeing to skip math with Onew.

 

  Minho and Onew were now at the riverside where most of their fellow classmates usually head to when they’ve had enough of school for the day.

  “So, are we gonna do anything fun?” Minho asked, looking at Onew expectedly.

  “Uhh… I dunno I guess we could go swimming” Onew shrugged, taking off his shirt and running down to the water.

  “Hey, wait up!” Minho called tugging off his own shirt and running after Onew.

 

  “Brr, the waters cold”

  “Quit complaining Jinki, it was your idea to come here in the first place” Minho said playfully.

  “Well how was I to know the water would be freezing cold” Onew retorted.

  “Well it is water, water usually is cold” Minho said, splashing Onew in the face.

  Onew splashed Minho back and this then led to a full on water fight.

  But suddenly Onew went under. Minho shrugged it off at first thinking he would come back up but when he didn’t Minho also went under, frantically searching the water for Onew. His eye caught a body under the water and he scooped it up and swam back to the river bank.

  “Onew, can you hear me” Minho shouted.

  When there was no response he checked Onew’s breathing and airways but he wasn’t breathing at all so Minho began giving him CPR. A few seconds later Onew coughed and water came out of his mouth. His breathing started again and began to quicken.

  “Shh, calm down, calm down. You’re ok” Minho whispered.

  “You saved me” Onew panted.

  “Uhh… yeah I guess I did” Minho admitted.

  “I’ll make it up to you someday”

  *UnFlashback*

  Jonghyun must have noticed Onew deep in thought so he said goodbye to Key and when he left he turned back to Onew, who looked like he was on planet Earth, sort of.

  “Told you that guy is weird. Now back to eating the mystery food and no I haven’t forgotten about that” Jonghyun said, trying to break the tense atmosphere.

  “I can’t. There’s something not right. Minho would never do something like that and did you notice Key’s facial expressions? He’s definitely hiding something” Onew fussed.

  “Your right” Jonghyun said, glancing at his watch. “But right now works over. We’ll worry about it tomorrow, okay?” he gave Onew’s shoulder a pat and left for home.

 

  “Do you have to sleep right now?” Taemin whined.

  “Well I am quite tired” Minho said from the other side of the phone.

  “Just a few more minutes”

  “Ok, a few more minutes won’t hurt me”

  All of a sudden the bedroom door swung open and Key walked in.

  Taemin gasped and was about to hang up the phone when he remembered the whole Key thinking Minho was a murderer thing.

  ‘How could I have forgotten such a thing’ Taemin thought to himself.

  “Is that Minho” Key whispered.

  Taemin nodded in response.

  “Ask him how he’s going to get through the interrogation tomorrow”

  “Hey Minho, how are you going to get through the interrogation tomorrow, please tell me you’ll be ok”

  “I don’t know Taemin, I guess I’ll just answer truthfully. Don’t worry about me Taeminnie I’ll be fine. Now all i have to worry about is which tie I’ll wear” Minho said laughing it off.

  Taemin giggled along but was shot down by Key’s piercing gaze.

  “Ask him if he did the murder or not” Key demanded.

  “I’m not asking him that, besides I already know he didn’t do it” Taemin whispered angrily.

  “Just do it”

  Taemin gave up “Umm…Minho”

  “Yes Tae Tae”

  “Did you commit the murder or not?” Taemin asked.

  “Taemin, who told you to ask that?” Minho said, knowing straight away that Taemin wouldn’t ask him something like that straight up.

  “Key looked up at Taemin with an expression of astonishment.

  “How did he know that?” he asked.

  Taemin shrugged “He loves me. He knows me inside and out”

  Key grabbed the phone off Taemin and held it up to his ear.

  “ off and never speak a word to Taemin again! Got it?” Key hung up the phone with force. “Get down Taemin. I’m gonna show that Minho who really owns you”

 

  As the other end of the line hung up Minho shed a tear.

  “I can’t let him get to me” Minho told himself before wiping away the stray tear.

  He lay down on his side and went through his thoughts.

  ‘Maybe Key is just jealous of me and that’s why he’s framing me for this murder case’

  ‘What if Taemins on Key’s side. Maybe he’s just playing me?’

  ‘What if I somehow end up in jail? What will happen to Taemin?’

  Minho eventually fell asleep, his troublesome thoughts soon forming into happy dreams of Taemin and himself.

 

  THE NEXT DAY…

  Minho woke with a start to the blaring sound of sirens. He quickly got dressed and fixed his hair before he heard footsteps trudging up his steps. Before he knew it some guy had him handcuffed and was guiding him back down the stairs.

  “You’re the main suspect of a murder case and I’m just taking you down to the FBI agency for a quick interrogation”

  Minho stiffened at the guys voice. He’d recognize that voice anywhere.

  “Onew?” Minho asked.

  “Ok, ok you caught me” Onew said.

  “I never knew you were a detective. I thought you would be too lazy for that” Minho teased.

  “Come on, I’m not that lazy”

  “I’m sure” Minho grinned, suddenly remembering how lazy Onew really was in highschool,  “Anyway, do you really believe I did this?”

  “Not in the slightest. There’s defiantly something up with that Key guy” Onew said, sitting Minho down into the cop car.

  “Got that right” Minho whispered as the car sped off.

 

  1 HOUR LATER…

  “Where were you between 7pm and 8pm on Friday the 11th?” Key pressed.

  “I was at home on the phone” Minho answered.

  “Who were you talking to?” Key questioned.

  “Taemin, I was talking to Taemin”

  “How long have you and Taemin been acquainted for?” Key asked, surprised that Taemin and Minho had known each other for so long.

  “That question is irrelevant” Minho said.

  “Just answer me dammit!” Key yelled, pounding his fists on the table.

  “A year” Minho said, unfazed.

  “A year?! Your precious little Taemin is gonna get it when I get home”

  “Anything but that. Taemin doesn’t deserve it” Minho pleaded.

  “So I’ve found your weakness huh?” Key said slyly. “Well, admit to the murder and I won’t lay a finger on Taemin again” Key bribed.

  “I-I can’t. I promised Taemin I would never lie”

  “Well, looks like a change of plans then. Listen carefully ok, I will murder everyone you love just like I’ve done before” Key threatened.

  Minho gave a look of utter fear and held his breath.

  “That’s right I’m responsible for the murder and if you tell anyone they won’t believe you because I’m a detective” Key said cockily.

  “Y-you can’t do that. You can’t”

  “Watch me” Key said before walking out of the room, leaving Minho there to deal with the situation.