Chapter 4

Murder, Murder

 

“So?” asked Leeteuk.

  “He won’t own up to it” Key said, a look of fake disappointment on his face.

  “That’s because he didn’t do it Kibum” Onew said.

  “Onew, have faith in your fellow detectives please”

  “Look, boss. I know Minho and he’s a good guy” Onew objected.

  “And I know Key’s a good guy” Leeteuk argued. “And Key, if you truly believe that this guy committed the murder we’ll get it out of him”

  Leeteuk signalled for all the detectives to enter the interrogation room and they all approached Minho.

  “Choi Minho, admit to the crime and everything will be over and dealt with” Leeteuk said in a firm voice.

  Minho looked up from the desk, his eyes filled to the brim with tears.

  “I will not admit to a crime I haven’t committed” Minho whispered, trying his hardest not to break down.

  “Just admit it” Leeteuk said forcefully.

  “You want your murderer? Well he’s right there”

  Minho pointed right towards Key.

  “Who Kibum?” Leeteuk asked in shock.

  Minho nodded.

  “Stop staring at me! He’s obviously not in the right mental state” Key said, justifying himself.

  “Key’s right. This guy is a criminal, he’s probably mentally unstable” Leeteuk agreed.

  “He threatened me! He said he’ll kill everyone close to me! He’s even capable of killing each and every one of you! He’s psycho I’m telling you!” Minho yelled.

  “The only one who is psycho here is you and since your not owning up to the crime the best thing we can do is send him to Seoul Mental Institution” Leeteuk concluded.

  Leeteuk called the institution and not long after a man who presumably worked at the institute came in and grabbed Minho by the arms, forcing him to stand.

  “The names Lee Kiseop. I’ll be keeping a close eye on you at Seoul Mental Institution and you are?”

  “Minho and I’m not mental” Minho said.

  Kiseop chuckled briefly before pushing Minho towards the door.

  “Didn’t you hear a word I said? I’m neither a murderer nor crazy!” Minho shouted.

  “That’s what they all say” Kiseop said.

  As Kiseop pushed Minho passed Onew, Onew whispered “I believe you Minho”

  “Onew just one thing, tell Taemin I love him and I’ll be okay” Minho whispered as he was roughly pushed out the door.

  “Well, another successful case. I think we should hit the clubs in celebration” Leeteuk suggested.

  “I can’t. I’m tired and I’m not celebrating someone innocent being put into a crazy hospital” Onew said.

  “Me neither, I think I’ll just chill with Onew” Jonghyun said.

  “Well looks like it’s just you and me Key” Leeteuk said, more as a question then a statement.

  “Yeah sure, just let me call my boyfriend” Key said coolly.

  “You have a boyfriend?” Jonghyun asked, amusement in his voice.

  “Yeah, so what?”

  “Well you don’t really seem like the lovey dovey type”

  “Who said I was lovey dovey” Key said, eyebrow raised.

  “Now, now. Stop with the chatter” Leeteuk said, stopping the arguement.

  “I’m leaving. Come on Jonghyun” Onew interrupted.

  “Coming” Jonghyun called out walking after Onew.

  Key sighed and pulled out his phone, dialling Taemin’s number.

  “Key? Is Minho alright? He’s not answering his phone and...”

  “Shut up! They sent Minho to a mental institution. He’s crazy Taemin”

  “What? Y-you’re kidding right?” Taemin inquired.

  “I’m serious”

    At that Taemin began to cry softly.

  “Taemin uhh... are you okay?” Key asked awkwardly, not knowing what to say in such a situation.

    “No but you don’t have to worry, you were just doing your job” Taemin said, in between chocked sobs.

  “Well, anyway I’m going out tonight so umm... yeah”

  “Ok... bye”

  “Bye” Key said, hanging up and walking back to Leeteuk.

  “Ready to go?” Leeteuk asked.

  Key nodded and they headed off to the nearest club.

  ...

  “So did you track down where the call went to?” Onew asked Jonghyun.

  “Yeah this is the address. Do you think we’ll find out much?” Jonghyun asked back.

  “I don’t know” Onew said, concentrating on driving there black sedan to the said address.

  Once they arrived at the house they parked their car at the end of the street. Onew and Jonghyun had tracked down the call Key made and were set to search his house for information. They walked around the back of the house. One of the lights were on so they had to make sure to keep quiet and avoid the room upstairs, which someone was occupying.

  Once they were in the house they started searching through drawers, finding a bunch of strange things; toys, chains, knives and a half eaten sandwhich.

  “What the hell?” Onew said, holding up a whip.

  “Trust you to check out the toys” Jonghyun said, while examining a large knife.

  Jonghyun’s hand accidentally slipped and the knife almost cut almost cut Onew’s foot off.

  “!! Watch what you’re doing Jonghyun!!” He exclaimed loudly.

  “What the heck!? Stop talking so loudly!!” Jonghyun yelled.

  “Your being just as loud as I was” Onew yelled back.

  Onew and Jonghyun heard the stairs screeching and covered each other’s loud mouths.

  “Hello? Is anyone there?” A voice called out.

  “No” Jonghyun replied in a muffled voice.

  “No? What the hell?! You can’t say no! They’ll no were here!!” Onew said back in the same muffled voice.

  Before Onew and Jonghyun had a chance to blow there cover even more than they already had a guy appeared from the other room with a bat.

  “Umm...can I help you?” He asked curious as to why there are two guys standing in the living room with their hands shoved on each other’s faces.

  “No you can just carry on as if we’re not here” Jonghyun said.

  “This doesn’t have anything to do with Minho or Key does it?” He asked.

  Onew and Jonghyun exchanged glances and came to a silent conclusion.

  “You must be Key’s boyfriend then” Jonghyun asked.

  “Sort of, my names Taemin” He said with a stretched out hand.

  “Taemin?” Onew said “Why would Minho ask me to tell you he loves you and he’ll be alright? I mean your Key’s boyfriend not his”

  “Minho told you to say that?” Taemin asked, touched.

  “Wait I don’t get it” Jonghyun said.

  “Well... Key he’s not exactly my boyfriend... he me and Minho, I love Minho so much. But we can’t be together because of Key” Taemin said, trying to explain his complicated life.

  “What and your just letting Key do this to you?!” Onew said.

  “Umm...” Taemin began to say.

  “Don’t worry princess Key will be behind bars soon enough” Jonghyun interrupted “He’s the murderer were sure of it”

  “Really?! But he’s a detective” Taemin said out of disbelief.

  “It’s definitely him, we have proof” Onew stated.

  “What proof?” Taemin asked.

  “Well that’s the thing, we don’t have enough proof yet. That’s why were here”

  “If you get enough proof will I be able to see Minho again?”

  “Maybe” Onew said.

  “Well, look as much as you want. But you better be gone by the time Key gets home” Taemin said with a yawn.

  “We will be and you better get some sleep you seem exhausted” Onew said, showing a hint of concern.

  “I will, thanks” Taemin said before heading to bed.

  ...

  Kiseop roughly pushed Minho into a small room. There were two other boys already in there.

  “Minho, these are your room mates, Lee Honki” Kiseop explained, first pointing to a boy who was examining his own hands as if he was seeing them for the first time “and this is Song Seunghyun” he said, pointing to the second boy who was jumping up and down on his bed.

  “Now you three play nice” Kiseop added before leaving

  Honki and Seunghyun stopped what they were doing and greeted Minho.

  “What’s your name?” Seunghyun asked.

  “Minho” Minho replied.

  “Well, I’m Seunghyun and this is Honki and that over there is Bob” The one named Seunghyun said, pointing at a non-existent person in the corner “Say good morning to Bob” He added.

  “Uhh... good morning Bob” Minho said, waving to the wall.

  “I think Bob likes you” the other guy, Honki, said speaking for the first time since Minho had entered the room.

  “Uhh...yeah” Minho replied, checking out the slightly small room he would be locked in.

  It was cramped, with white beds, no windows and plain white walls.

  “Hey Minho! Stop staring at Bob!! Your making him feel self conscious” Seunghyun shouted.

  “Oh sorry. I just ....like what he’s done with his hair” Minho said, carefully dodging the bullet.

  “Bob says thankyou and that he would love it if you would go out sometime”

  “No thanks, I’m already in love with someone else” Minho said as nicely as possible.

  “Who is it?” Honki chimed in.

  “Well.. his names Taemin and he’s the most amazing person. I love him alot”

  “Aww! Well, I’m in love with Seunghyun... but he’s too busy with Bob” Honki whispered, so Seunghyun couldn’t hear.

  “I’m sure he’ll come around” Minho said, feeling sorry for Honki.

  “Your all crazy!!” Seunghyun suddenly shouted for no reason.

  “I’m not crazy!” Minho said firmly.

  “Hey, what’s so wrong with being crazy!?” Honki said, obviously offended.

  “Nothing” Minho yelled.

  “Everything!” Seunghyun yelled back twice as loud.

  Minho sighed heavily. ‘This is going to be hell’ he thought.

  ....

  “Why exactly are we eating with our hands?” Minho asked as they were sat at the mental institutions cafeteria eating mush with their hands.

  “Utensils can be used as weapons” Honki said.

  “Well that makes sense” Minho told nobody but himself.

  Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a guy walking up to their table.

  “Hey guys!!” A guy said excitedly.

  Seunghyun and Honki inwardly groaned as the guy took a seat next to Minho.

  “Hey! Hello are you two even paying attention to me!!” He yelled, getting all up in their faces “Do you know what’s up their asses?” He said to Minho “Hey, I haven’t seen you before. You must be new. Well, I’m Kevin and I enjoy talking and smelling people. Do you mind if I smell you?”

  “Go ahead” Minho said in a monotone.

  The boy, Kevin, began sniffing at Minho’s hair.

  “May I ask what conditioner you use?”

  “No”

  “No? Why not! If I like the smell of a guys hair he should be willing to atleast answer my questions!” Kevin protested.

  “Just leave him alone Kevin” Honki said, feeling sorry for Minho.

  “No! You leave me alone!! I thought you and me was friends!!!” Kevin yelled directly at Honki.

  You could tell Kevin was making Seunghyun unhappy by the look of pure dissatisfaction on his face and he wasn’t just going to sit there while Kevin was mouthing off at Honki.

  “WHO THE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?!?” Seunghyun screamed at the top of his lungs.

  Kevin shut up after Seunghyun’s outburst and slowly shrunk away.

  “Are you alright Honki?” Seunghyun asked.

  “Thanks to you I am” Honki said in a dreamy tone.

  Minho just sat there frozen scared at the huge fit Seunghyun had chucked.

  “Hey, Minho you alright?” Seunghyun asked.

  “I’m gonna die here” Minho said in a hopeless voice.