seven

Dear J, Love J

A/N: i am....literally so sorry? it's literally been six months since the last update...oops. im like an ADULT adult now so life is a little crazy but im super committed to regular updates!!! i promise i will finish this in hopefully the near future. love you all and i hope you enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeno could feel electricity under his skin whenever Jaemin was in the restaurant. 

It didn't matter how busy or slow it was, how near or far Jaemin's table was, or even if Jaemin had acknowledged his presence. Jeno could feel him, his eyes, his thoughts; because no matter how subtle they were, Jeno knew they were both a little obsessed. 

Jeno didn't know if it was better or worse when Jaemin was in his section, but there he was tonight. Jeno's hands trembled hard enough that he almost spilled Jaemin's drink, only setting it down gently with all of his willpower.

"What will it be for you tonight?" 

"Hmm...how about the prime rib?" 

"Of course. For your side?" 

"Mashed potatoes." 

"Okay," Jeno said, taking Jaemin's menu, making sure to brush their fingers together. "I'll have that right out for you." 

"Oh, one more thing." Jaemin cocked his head and raised an eyebrow pointedly. "Where's your restroom?" 

A sudden fire burned in Jeno's stomach. "I-in the next room to your right." 

Jaemin grinned. "Thank you." 

Jeno moved on to the next table but watched Jaemin get out of his seat, sparing him the quickest of glances before heading to the restroom. That was all Jeno needed to confirm his suspicions of what Jaemin wanted. Jeno finished grabbing more bread for his other table and followed. 

Jaemin was slicking back his stray hairs with water when Jeno walked into the bathroom- he eyed the room and stalls; empty, thank god. 

But his eyes still fell to the spotless linoleum floors. There was so much he desperately wanted to say, but being here, alone with Jaemin for the very first time, all of it was forgotten. But something like gravity pulled the together. 

"Jeno...I, I want you." His voice, quiet as it was, echoed around the cold bathroom, so much deeper in private, and Jeno felt it reverberate through his chest. 

"I need you...I don't think I can wait any longer..." 

Jeno stepped in closer, finally finding the courage to look at Jaemin's face. The absolute desperation in his eyes set Jeno on fire. 

"How?" Jeno asked, letting his fingers play with Jaemin's tie. "How would you be able to explain being away all night?" 

Slowly, Jaemin smirked. "You need all night?" 

Jeno let his voice drop lower. "I wouldn't have it any other way." He threaded his fingers through Jaemin's belt loops and pulled their bodies flush together, forcing a long exhale out of Jaemin's lips. 

"All night, you say?" Jeno nodded quickly. "Well...sometimes, the board of directors will go out Friday nights. Dinner to the bar to the strip club to the afters hours bar to home, only once it's light out. It's all they can talk about Monday morning." Jaemin chuckled. "It's not really my scene, as you can imagine. But they always beg me to go. So I could. I could tell them I have to get home to the wife. But really, I'd be coming home to you." 

Jaemin looked up at Jeno hopefully, a little sparkle in his eyes, and Jeno's heart skipped a beat. He was home to Jaemin. 

But he sighed. "Heejin wouldn't suspect. She knows I have to go out with the businessmen at some point." He looked at the ground and swallowed. His shameful expression made Jeno's heart ache, so he reached to cup Jaemin's soft cheek, rubbing circles on his delicate skin. 

Jaemin looked back up at Jeno, blinking once or twice before starting to tilt his head in closer. 

"No," Jeno interrupted, holding Jaemin still. "I'm not kissing you for the first time in the bathroom at work. Jaemin pouted, and Jeno almost relented. 

"Fine." 

Jeno reached under Jaemin's starch white button-up to caress his waist. Nothing had ever felt more natural than this; Jeno was overwhelmed thinking of how their night together would be, Jaemin coming home to him, being alone together, right where they both belonged. 

"Well," Jaemin spoke, a hint of shyness in his eyes. "You better kiss me like you mean it, then." 

Jeno didn't know what came over him. "I'll you like I mean it," he mouthed. 

Jaemin's eyes widened and he exhaled heavily. "You better get back to work before I can't wait anymore." 

As sad as it was, Jaemin was probably right. Best to part before getting caught. 

Jeno tore his fingers away, like pulling himself out of heaven. He ruffled Jaemin's hair and moved towards the door, unable to wipe the grin off of his lips. 

"Hey! Now I'm gonna have to fix it!" 

Jeno looked at Jaemin's hair, normally so perfectly coiffed, now just the slightest bit tousled. He could imagine him in the morning, waking up with messy bedhead. 

"I like it better that way." And with one last smiling glance, Jeno went back to work. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Jaemin, 

It's kinda weird that I'm not shy around you. Even though I've worked in customer service my entire adult life, it's hard for me to get out of my shell when I'm not at work. Maybe it's because at work I'm playing a character. But like when I was younger, people always wanted to be around me, because I seemed like an athletic jock type, right? But once they realized how shy (and gay lol) I was, they ditched me. I've never been sure if I'm shy because people were mean, or people were mean because I'm shy. I guess it's kind of a vicious cycle. But I don't feel shy around you, for whatever reason. Normally when I'm into someone, I just want to impress them. But somehow, I know that it's better to just be myself around you. It's weird, maybe it's because I've never liked anybody as much as I like you. 

I'm trying not to get so excited for something we don't even have a date for yet, but I can't help it. Our future night together is my favorite thing to think about. I think it's because I want to know everything about you, even the smallest things. Especially the smallest things. 

Even just our little bathroom meeting had me feeling some type of way. I hope I didn't come off too strong. You know you're hard to resist too.

I can't wait to hold you baby.

Yours, Jeno

~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Jeno, 

Hm...small things about me. I love coffee; my typical order is an Americano, no water, four shots of espresso. It's like but not illegal. I hate strawberries and especially strawberry flavor. I sound like an eighty-year-old man when I get angry. I love plushies, Heejin collects them thank god so we can keep them in the house. If anybody knew I liked the plushies as much as she did my parents would kill me, probably. My love language is physical touch...so I hope you're ready for lots of cuddles when we finally meet.

Speaking of us meeting...next Friday my coworkers are going out. I've been anxiously waiting for them to bring it up because I need to see you so badly. So if you're free, could I come over? I promise you didn't come off too strong...it just makes me want this even more. I hope, hope, hope we can make it work. I need it, I swear. I don't think I can bear to not touch you another second longer. Let me know ASAP. 

Your baby forever, Jaemin

~~~~~~~~~

Every second passed like torture on the night of his and Jaemin's meeting. His eight-hour shift at work felt like a whole day's worth of time. The only thing that filled his mind was the nervous thumping of his heart in his chest, sending ripples under his skin. Excitement and nerves were the same thing and the only thing. 

They agreed Jaemin wouldn't come over until late, about an hour or two after Jeno got home from work, so even being at home that night was painful. Even taking the longest, most thought-out shower of his life, scrubbing every inch of restaurant ick from his skin, wasn't enough to calm his nerves. Jeno prayed the pacing in his room wouldn't wake up the neighbors or work up a sweat, ruining the whole point of his shower. 

Would he be any good? Could he be any good? Would Jaemin still like him after all of this? Would Jaemin think his broke down apartment was too nasty and leave forever? How would Jaemin's lips feel? How would Jaemin look under all those layers of suit and tie? Oscillating back and forth, between the exciting and the nervewracking, Jeno's poor mind was a wreck. 

A knock on his door, and every emotion inside him climbed up tenfold. He ran to the door, threw it open, and...everything, finally, faded away. 

All Jeno could do was use his big arms to hold Jaemin tight, not even getting a moment to really see him before pressing lips on lips. 

Their first kiss felt like a triumph. 

Jaemin pressed back with double, triple the fervor that Jeno came with, as if they'd both been starving for days, maybe weeks. Maybe they had been starving for weeks now, starved of each other. Jaemin's lips felt soft as butter and his grip on Jeno's shoulders felt strong as steel. Jeno could have kissed him just like that for days, in the doorway to his little apartment, his mind, for once, quiet. 

But he wanted more. He spun around so he was facing inside his apartment, walking inside quickly until Jaemin's back slammed against his wall. A brief moment of worry for Jaemin, praying there weren't any bruises, crossed Jeno's mind, but Jaemin just tugged his closer, kissed him harder, like he wanted those bruises. Like he wanted proof that he'd been Jeno's, even if it was just for a night. 

"Did the security guard in the lobby say anything?" Jeno breathed against Jaemin's mouth, only able to pull away from him for just a moment. 

"He was asleep," Jaemin almost whispered back, as breathless as Jeno. 

"Thank god." Jeno recaptured Jaemin's mouth again, untucking Jaemin's shirt from his work trousers, grabbing onto his slim waist with all of his strength. "Did you drink when you were out?" 

Jaemin hurriedly shook his head. "Wanted it to be perfect. Wanted to really feel it." 

"You will," Jeno growled against Jaemin's mouth as Jaemin tore Jeno's shirt open, his one nice button-up he'd put on just for this occasion. He figured Jaemin liked him best without it on. 

Jaemin released a soft noise at the sight of Jeno's bare, muscular chest, mouthing at his pecs.

"Mmh," Jaemin breathed out, looking up at Jeno with those wide, pretty eyes of his, blown out in the heat of the moment. "I can't believe you're all mine, Jeno. A-and I'm all yours." 

Jeno kissed him, a little more sweetly this time. "I'm yours too. And you're mine." 

At that the two boys reached for each other, fiercer than ever, slamming lips together. And Jeno couldn't wait any longer. Leading Jaemin to his bed he threw him down, face down up, and climbed over him. It was time he took what was his.