Fight

Now that I’ve fallen, will you see me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How long have you felt this way?”

 

Taemin’s voice is stern. It’s odd. Almost as odd as the two of them having this conversation. Opposite of the younger man Kibum finds himself tongue-tied. 

 

How long had he felt this way? 

 

When did it start?

 

Perhaps it was always there, hidden in plain sight and where he was too dense to see it. 

 

“I don’t know, Taemin, all right?” 

 

“Damn it, hyung…” Taemin sighs. “Why the hell didn’t you say anything!?” 

 

“It’s not that easy. Shouldn’t you know that? I mean, you orchestrated this whole scenario to rub off an ex you claim you don’t have feelings for anymore.” 

 

“I would never have asked for any of it if I thought there was any chance you were interested in me.”

 

“But you didn’t ask, Taemin. Remember? You simply incorporated me in your plot because you were well aware I wouldn’t refuse.”

 

“So, you’re saying this is my fault?” 

 

“I’m not saying it’s anyone’s fault!” This time it’s Kibum whose voice is stern but he settles down just as quickly. He hates how the situation causes conflict between them. “Listen, I didn’t plan for things to turn out this way either. I’m sorry.”

 

There’s a long— almost unbearable— pause. Taemin looks uncertain, head hanging low and fingers fiddling with the hem of his shirt in line with his following sentence. 

 

“What do we do now?” 

 

“I guess give it some time to blow over.” 

 

Taemin nods in agreement “Can I still keep some of my things here while I search for a new place to stay?”

 

Kibum frowns. “You don’t have to move out.”

 

“I think I do.”

 

“Then who are you going to stay with?”

 

Taemin doesn’t even need to respond. His expression does it for him and Kibum feels his stomach turn uncomfortably and the seed of jealousy in his gut quickly unravels all over again.

 

“You’re really planning to get back together with that ?” 

 

“Why is that such a surprise to you? Pretending to date you was all a plot to win him back. Or did that slip your mind while you were thirsting after me?” 

 

Kibum stares at his friend in a mix of disbelief and anger. Wondering if the words are an accurate description of how he saw the situation or if he was simply looking to hurt him. 

 

On instinct, his shaky hands land on Taemin’s shoulders and push him, a bit more rou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter