Plot

Now that I’ve fallen, will you see me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s a long day.

 

Taemin’s holding onto a childish grudge so they don’t exchange any words on their way to rehearsal. 

 

In the evening they hold two performances back to back. Between hectic transitions and costume changes there’s little time for ponderings. Therefore Kibum only has time to reflect on his actions during the afterparty. For he realizes they haven’t spoken or interacted the entire day and it certainly leaves a sour feeling in his gut. While he had already apologized the night before, he knows Taemin’s tendency to suppress his emotions and it fuels his will to approach him and talk things out. 

 

“Have you seen Taemin?” is the question he asks in passing as he roams the large venue in a frantic search for his stubborn friend. 

 

The answers and notably knowing smiles, however, are not what he expects and leaves him bewildered. 

 

“No, but I heard about you two.”

 

“Congratulations.”

 

“I’m afraid I haven’t seen him but I’m glad to hear you two have good feelings for each other.”

 

“I always thought you two were too close to draw the line at ‘friends’.”

 

“Sorry, Kibum. I haven’t seen your boyfriend around.”

 

Since moving in together dating rumors were not all that uncommon. But the fact people were commenting on the idea as if it’s the most recent tabloid instantly fills him with suspicion.

 

Excusing himself with a sheepish smile for the umpteenth time, Kibum finally catches a glimpse of his best friend and then approaches him with haste feet and a dead- glare. 

 

Despite his attempt to escape by dashing into a crowd, Taemin is quickly caught up with and yanked out of the main room by his arm to a narrow and empty hallway where Kibum corners him.

 

“Uhm, hi hyung?” 

 

“Do you want to tell me why everyone is suddenly under the impression that there’s something romantic going on between us?” Ignoring Taemin’s nervous grin, Kibum jumps straight to the point. 

 

“Ah, well… I might’ve… mentioned something about us… you know… dating—” 

 

“You wha— ”

 

“ —but I have a good reason!”

 

“It’s about your ex, isn’t it?” There are no words needed for confirmation. Taemin’s face says it all. Kibum then emits a sigh of exasperation. “Taemin, I swear to god—“

 

“Will you just hear me out?” Taemin waits for him to silent down before continuing. “My ex always hated the fact that I am sharing an apartment with you. Because you know, two people with the same ual orientation can’t be friends. I thought if the news reached him that the two of us were dating now, it’d rub him the wrong way. Also, I knew that it would annoy you and I honestly felt hurt after how insensitive you were yesterday...” 

 

“And for how long were you planning to push this idiotic idea?”

 

“Well, we’ll be stuck together in this project until our final performance at New Year’s, so…” 

 

“A month!?” 

 

“Come on, hyung. All you have to do is play along when people bring it up. How hard can it be?” 

 

“That and have everyone believe we’re spontaneously in love. Taemi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter