Practice

Now that I’ve fallen, will you see me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s awkward initially but after a week of keeping up their charade, it comes like a second nature to them. At times Kibum even feels surprised by Taemin’s sudden acts of excessive skin-ship as he hugs his waist when they are among colleagues or cuddles with him during their brief water breaks. Even when there are not that many people around, there would still be moments of him lying down with a long exhale and resting his head in his lap as if it were a fluffy pillow. And simultaneously, Kibum’s hand would land on Taemin’s stomach seemingly out of instinct. To some degree, he finds it bewildering but doesn’t question it. Inside the walls of their apartment, they are still bound to their usual roles of being tight-knit friends but also annoying the living daylight out of one another. 

 

It’s early morning as they head towards the dance studio. A casual stroll that doesn’t raise curiosity anymore. Now they’re simply another dancer couple in a long row of previous ones. 

 

Kibum’s hand is hugging Taemin’s, which is smaller in size and seems to fit perfectly with his own. Their similar height also made it comfortable to keep them intertwined while walking. 

 

A tension is present in the air as they step into the practice room. While worry hits them both like a train, neither dares to ask but simply waits for someone to explain. 

 

“We’ve just been informed that Bo-ah Unnie slipped and hurt her ankle yesterday. The doctor is advising her to sit out any straining activities for at least two months. She won’t be able to participate in our new year’s performance...” 

 

Instantaneously, Kibum’s eyes fasten on Taemin. Bo-ah is a vital part of their show and Taemin’s partner in one of the highlights— a contemporary dance routine. 

 

“Then what happens now?”

 

“We’ll have to rearrange all collaborative routines to make up for her absence.”

 

“So I am supposed to dance a couple’s act all by myself?” Taemin implies and emits a sigh of frustration. “How does that make sense?”

 

“Then… how about Kibum taking her place?” The suggestion instantly turns the pair utterly silent. “Since you’re dating, chemistry should come naturally. Also, it’d be an interesting twist to include a same- routine.”

 

“Oh, that’s a really good idea.”

 

“Let’s just go with that.”

 

“I’m sure Jinki-ssi will approve of it too.” 

 

While the others are already building further on the suggestion as if it’s been set in stone, the two men in question turn to face each other. Taemin with an apologetic expression and Kibum shooting his ever-so-familiar laser glare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’m sorry about this hyung. It was not planned. When they put the idea forward I just didn't know what to say.“

 

“I know, Taemin. I was there. It’s fine. Let’s just do our best, all right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter