Nobody Will Hurt You

Fool For You ♥

"Jung Chunghee.. Jung Chunghee..." Aeri kept repeating his name over and over again. Moments went by and her head was starting to give her a pain, but that was until she finally recognized the guy. She couldn't believe who he was. She ran to look for him. "CHUNGHEE!"  Aeri yelled. He was walking around with a knitted scarf around him. She ran towards him. "Uhh..Nae?" he asked confused. She was soaked by the rain that was pouring. "Do you.. Do you remember me?" Aeri asked, doubtfully. He gave a slight smile. "In fact, I do." 

"Jerk.." She hit him continuously.

"Yah.." He said.

"You knew it was me and you didn't even care to keep your promise." Tears were flowing down her cheek. Warm, salty tears that weren't to be wasted.

    •            •    

"Oppa~!" Aeri smiled and hugged a tall boy. They were only 9 years old at the time.

"Aeri." Chunghee smiled. His eyes were red as if he was crying.

"Oppa..." She said. Aeri wrapped her little arms around him and didn't let go. As an eight year old, she wanted to keep her loved ones safe and sound in her arms, but this time, everything she had slipped out of her reach.

"I heard you were moving." He said, triggering tears to fall down both of their cheeks.

"I was just about to tell you.." She said, trying to hold his hand. Chunghee and Aeri were inseparable. They were more than best friends but less than lovers. If you were to break one's heart, the other would chase the bully and torture them. "Chunghee Oppa.." Aeri said, trying to capture his eyes, but they stayed on the ground.

"Arasso. I get it. But please, before I leave, promise me that.. that you'll be there for me like you are now. You'll take me home, make sure I've been fed and laugh about our past." Aeri was crying, no, sobbing and choking on her words at the same time. She started walking towards a car that pulled up in front of them.

"OKAY. I PROMISE." Chunghee finally yelled. 

    •            •    

Aeri ran. She ran back to the house. "Hey! You're soaked!" Jihye yelled. Her hair was in a pony tail and she was in her pajamas. Aeri scanned the living room and saw three guys sitting patiently, but she didn't have a clue of who they were. "I'll be back." She whispered. Aeri walked up the stairs to wash up. "He's full of it.. He's full of crap." She yelled in anger. Everything she had, she finally confirmed that she's lost it. It was gone, for good. After washing her face and changing her clothes, she towel-dryed her hair and walked downstairs to pay her respects to the guests.

"It's been a while, Aeri." A voice said. Aeri looked up at the face and saw Daehyun, Youngjae and Zelo. Her arms wrapped around Youngjae and his arms went around her back. Daehyun stared in jealousy and looked away. "Hey! Don't hog up my precious Aeri!" Zelo yelled, hugging Aeri tightly. After having a memorable moment, Aeri sat down in between Daehyun and Youngjae. "So how've you been, sweetheart?" Youngjae smiled, imitating a player.

"I've been--" Aeri said, but was rudely interrupted.

"Youngjae, what did I tell you? Don't mess with her innocent personality." Daehyun said, glaring at Youngjae. The two boys conflicted for 30 minutes and stop to notice that everybody, even the butlers and maids, were laughing at them. Daehyun stood up and ran to a different room. Aeri bowed at the people and went after Daehyun. "Hey, I haven't got the chance to talk to you!" She smiled innocently and reached for his hand.

"I.. I just.." He said, looking down.

"You just get embarrassed easily?" She held his hand tightly and let go.

"Yes.." The two of them took a seat in the dining room and began talking.

"So why were you soaking wet?" Daehyun asked.

"Well.. I found my childhood friend and..." She hesitated.

"And?"

"And he didn't keep his promise. You know how sentimental I can get!" 

"Don't worry. I know. I just don't get how somebody has the nerve to break one of your promises."

"Yeah.." Aeri sighed and rested her head against her arm. Daehyun patted her back, smiled and said, "I'm going to visit your school tomorrow."  The moment he said that, her head shot up and her lips formed a smile. "You know, you've changed Daehyun." She said, messing with her fingers.

"What do you mean?"

"You suddenly care about me. You used to careless about what I do, what I say or what happens in my life. Plus, your new hairstyle..." She got up and turned her back towards him. "It looks great on you." She walked back to Youngjae and started cracking up jokes.

 

    •            •    

 

If only I knew more. Daehyun thought. He was walking with Zelo back to Youngjae, who was waiting patiently at the hotel. Zelo stared at Daehyun and chuckled. "What?" Daehyun asked, lightly shoving him.

"You like her." Zelo smiled.

"No, I don't." 

"Yes, you do. It's so obvious. Whenever something bad happens to her, you get angry. Like when she walked in soaking wet and her eyes looked like she was crying. You clenched your fist and you were breathing so heavily." Zelo stuck out his tongue and ran to their hotel room. Daehyun walked towards the room and was secretly smiling at how Aeri held his hand. "Youngjae, when you talked to Aeri earlier, did she mention anything about her childhood friend?" Daehyun asked, before getting into bed.

Youngjae hesitated, "A little bit. I'm meeting up with him tomorrow since we're all going to her school."

"You are? Can I tag along?" 

"Yeah, sure. You wanna come Zelo?" Youngjae asked the tall boy who was playing pokemon. 

"Sure thing." Zelo smiled and turned his back towards them. Daehyun and Youngjae stayed up thinking about Aeri's friend's attitude. There are possiblities of him being a rude person. 

The next day, Youngjae, Zelo and Daehyun dressed up nicely and walked to Aeri's college, caring less about their own education. The searched around the campus, causing a huge commotion. "Hi, do you know where I can look for a girl named Aeri?" Yougjae asked a girl politely. The girl glared at him and said, "She should be practicing in the dancing room." The three boys raced towards the dance room, and saw a girl, dancing freely to american songs. "I never knew you can dance so good." A boy appeared from the shadows, running towards Aeri. The three boys stared at the suspicious person.

"Go away, Chunghee. I'm not in a good state to talk to you." Aeri said, pushing him away, running towards the door.

"Aeri.. SARANGHAE." He bursted. Daehyun flinched while the other two clenched their fist. 

"If you're just going to hurt me over and over again.. It's over. You hurt me when I was just little girl and now you're going to continue it? You are so low. I expected you to change. You were my best friend and I loved you so dearly. But you never cared one bit when I left." Aeri yelled, holding in the tears. 

"Well, now you got the nerve to stand up to me? You've changed a lot. I bet you loved me too, but here's one thing you need to keep in mind, NOBODY WOULD DATE A PIECE OF TRASH LIKE YOU EXCEPT FOR ME!" Chunghee smirked. Daehyun ran inside and hugged Aeri as if he was shielding her from arrows. 

"CHUNGHEE, YOU'RE WRONG. I love this girl with all my heart and you.. you don't have the right to talk to her like that, you disgusting person. I don't care if you're her childhood best friend or not, you're another person she shouldn't care about. I bet you beg to your knees for girls cause you.. you have the case of a high ego. You should learn YOUR PLACE." Daehyun yelled and punched him across the noes. Chunghee stared at Daehyun and the two lovers left.

 

    •            •    

"Thanks for looking out for me.." Aeri mumbled. Youngjae put his arm around her and comforted her with kind, loving words while Daehyun looked around. "OPPA! YOU CAME BACK!" A girl yelled, clinging onto Daehyun. Aeri and Youngjae looked back at them. Daehyun's smiling... Aeri thought to herself. I never thought I'd see his smile to be so wide. Youngjae held onto Aeri's hand tightly and led her away from them. "Where'd Zelo go?" Aeri suddenly asked, her expression showed she was worried.

"Oh, he went back to the house after seeing Chunghee treating you so rudely." Youngjae said, confidently. Aeri turned red.

"Chunghee wasn't such an air head when we were kids. He would make my self esteem so low, but yet, I still hung around him. He was filled with wisdom since he lived with his grandfather." 

"Oh.. Well, it doesn't really show."

"His grandfather is really famous now. I guess since he's been gone, Chunghee has gotten brain washed and became a whole new person." Aeri sighed and looked up at the stars. Aeri's world was spinning and her stomach was twisting and turning. Oh sweet warmth. She thought. These arms feel so different then before. Youngjae's arms were around her and his head was rested on her shoulder. Little did Aeri know, she returned the favor by doing the same thing. "Your dancing is wonderful, but please, if you need me, I'm here for you. I understand I should've saved you back there but Daehyun was already one step in front of me. From now on, nobody will DARE to lay a finger on you or hurt you mentally." Youngjae smiled. Aeri felt safe but still hurt. Daehyun was still with that girl, even after everything he said back there. But she, herself, was in the arms of another, feeling the love she wanted, but will this last?

 


 

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating! This chapter is pretty bad but enjoy c':